JoeyBTL

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
All hearsay of course, I haven’t driven either and likely wouldn’t unless I went and ordered one or had a super awesome rich friend who would let me drive theirs. (Hint hint nudge nudge)

That would be disappointing because from all appearances, Singers are immaculate. But if they don't let anyone say anything negative about them, then it will always appear that way. I have a hard time believing they aren't amazing regardless, but for the money people have the right to be extremely picky. Seems like you see the Guntherwerks as the workhorse of the two, which is great if you intend to drive it a lot. I know I would!

bulb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That would be disappointing because from all appearances, Singers are immaculate. But if they don't let anyone say anything negative about them, then it will always appear that way. I have a hard time believing they aren't amazing regardless, but for the money people have the right to be extremely picky. Seems like you see the Guntherwerks as the workhorse of the two, which is great if you intend to drive it a lot. I know I would!

Honestly I think it's less an issue of if Singer's are great and more about if they are worth the money now that they are really hitting that 1mil+ range. The way I see it, you are in crazy hypercar territory, and you are buying a restomod old porsche. in the 300-500k range that makes a lot more sense, and given that Guntherwerks is in that 500k range (to start haha) but that they are effectively racecars, and have insane performance, it becomes maybe a bit easier to justify? Still neither one of these should be your 2nd or even 3rd car, because they are pieces of art. And I can't afford either, but I like to dream. So yeah stream them bulb albums, and help me out with my Guntherwerks fund.

thomas.reuter

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The first album of the Bulb Archives just dropped, I'd highly recommend. Brought back some nostalgia for me.
I hadn't heard HH2 before, and I thought it was super cool so I did a cover of it if anyone wants to check that out/give some critiques since I'm trying to get better at tone crafting.
https://youtu.be/vD1PJlJ3N-Y

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score
Digging the rerecorded versions of Fuf and Not Enough Mana!

Also Misha, on Spotify it's listed to be part of another artist with the same name, might wanna check that.

duffbeer33

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'll echo what @Dayviewer said, took me a minute to find these on Spotify because the Bulb name was already taken by some Norwegian melodic electronica band. But regardless, I'm really glad they showed up there!

Albake21

"Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."
Reaction score
Nice to see Not Enough Mana on there, one of my favorites! Crazy to see these songs/ideas on a proper platform like Spotify.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
Borthelcash has to be a troll with all that repetitive christmas carol ending going on forever. I was listening to it in my car and had to turn it off around minute 7.

Kaura

evanesencensencenenist
Reaction score
Borthelcash has to be a troll with all that repetitive christmas carol ending going on forever. I was listening to it in my car and had to turn it off around minute 7.

Ehh... It was an April fools song back in 2014. Even Spotify lists it as "Borthelcash (April Fools)" along with Beta. I still remember listening to it in a tent in the middle of an army exercise and I was so disappointed when I realised it wasn't a legit new song. :lol:

Flemmigan

Snoofin' your gear
Reaction score
I highly do not recommend listening to Beta while lifting weights if you don't want to injure yourself. :lol: it's such a perfect troll song. The Great Value Howard Jones vocals kill me every time.
I'm really enjoying the first (8th) volume of the archives. Never heard Fuf or a full version of Mana before, awesome songs!

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
I’ll say this about borthelcrash - it for sure has the descending Christmas thing stuck in my head, but especially with his reverb soaked melody thing over the top. It’s not bad and it’s close to what I would have put over the top so it’s got me into it.

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
The next Bulb archive is out here in Europeland, finally we have Breeze on streaming services,

I had completely forgotten about the Final Fantasy 7 covers as well, I listened to them all the time back in the day. The reverb drenched tone in the intro to the medley sounds so good

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Reaction score
Totally forgot Nyan Bulb existed, made me piss myself laughing all over again :lol: Well done @bulb