blacai

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't get why people should care about this mark-yvette-wife-band thing.
Mark is not the first person in the wold who cheated on his wife/husband and/or lied to his bandmates. It is something they need to talk and fix in private and out of the public internet scene.
They are a "niche band"(sorry but yes, they are...) and yvette is even more unknown in the actual scene, so making all this public looks to me like a childish movement.
Someone lied to you, cheated or whatever. Get over it and continue your life. I dated a girl borderline disorder I can tell you this history is not that big unless they want to magnify it in public.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
This is non-news.

I still don't get the whole Incel-insult thing, is it just me or does the entire twitter generation seem to have an unusual obsession with sex and sexuality?

Anyway. Back on topic, It's Only Smiles must be a banger live right?

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
That is the most two faced "apology" I've read.

- I can see why it comes off as two-faced, but I see it as Mark putting his side of the story out there, letting everyone know what's going on with him, what happened, and what the situation is. It's his side of what it is and he is letting everyone know he's ready to move on and what he's doing to make that happen. He's got his statement out there about the situation that he didn't want out there in the first place and he's moving on. This is good, imo, because he has let it go and can continue life and get it off his chest. I see it as a healthy move forward. At this point it's up to Yvette to stop whatever she's doing (if she's doing it) and if she doesn't then that's on her and will show her immaturity.
- This stuff happens all the time and affects everyone differently. Yvette is going through her coping process and so is Mark. To some this is laughable and to others it's a seriously debilitating matter. If we can all just let them be then it will be better for everyone.
- I wish the best for everyone involved and though it sounds cheesy, love is the best medicine. Once they all come to an understanding that sometimes in life desire and lust can get the best of people leading them to bad decisions, that once it's realized and corrected then healing and rebuilding of trust can begin, if allowed. Putting myself in each of their shoes I can see how each person involved can act irrationally being in a state of discombobulation. None of us is infallible, so please let's let them be.

ChugThisBoy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
^this. Let's just move on and don't fuck around about this because I'm pretty sure that if something similar happened to anyone in this thread, you'd like to keep it to yourself. Shit happens, everyone got their opinions on things like this but I think it's time to move on.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyway. Back on topic, It's Only Smiles must be a banger live right?

I wish I knew since they didn't play it in Maryland Saturday :(. I guess I get it since that is Spencer's song for his sister perhaps. The funny thing is that song is the most melodic and would've had the most audience singing engagement I'd bet.

Krazy Kalle

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I love mark and yvette and the music they make and of course I think about what happened. But seriously, do we need to discuss this? Not a single person is helped if some random strangers dicuss their problems on the internet, even if they themself made it public.

Now back to topic. How is Spencer doing? Really love his vocals and oc don't want him to be hurt or in pain or something, but I honestly wouldn't mind to see one instrumental show by you guys. Periphery instrumental is not better or worse, it's just different and also awesome. Always love to have both versions of every song. But again, pls don't get me wrong, I frickin' love spencers singing.

Can't wait for any music related news from you guys!

ChugThisBoy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I, too, hope that Sponce is alright by now. He's getting sick pretty often while touring and I'm probably not the only one that noticed this but I wish him all the best, as always. Their instrumental set is sick, they played one a while ago.

Albake21

"Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."
Reaction score
Uhm, it can be anything. Another thing that should be taken seriously by the community and just left alone with respect. Period
Fair enough, I don't want to cause gossip, more so just want to make sure both parties are alright. I respect both of them as musicians and wouldn't want anything to cause issues with their work.

aesthyrian

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
lmao Mark is really digging himself a hole to China with that statement. It's only going to add more fuel to the drama, which has pretty much completely subsided until Mark made this statement, digging it all back up again. And is he really trying to make it seem like he is a victim of Yvette? :congress:

bulb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Now back to topic. How is Spencer doing? Really love his vocals and oc don't want him to be hurt or in pain or something, but I honestly wouldn't mind to see one instrumental show by you guys. Periphery instrumental is not better or worse, it's just different and also awesome. Always love to have both versions of every song. But again, pls don't get me wrong, I frickin' love spencers singing.

Can't wait for any music related news from you guys!

He’s probably just recovering now, honestly what people don’t realize is half the tour package was pretty damn sick, but with the other two bands being instrumental it didn’t affect them the same way.

Kobalt

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Can't blame the guy for being sick often, some people have such inadequate hygiene they could contaminate a crowd with their own stupidity...

Frostbite

Periphery Shill
Reaction score
lmao Mark is really digging himself a hole to China with that statement. It's only going to add more fuel to the drama, which has pretty much completely subsided until Mark made this statement, digging it all back up again. And is he really trying to make it seem like he is a victim of Yvette? :congress:
TBF, Yvette made a post on her personal facebook about it first. He didn't just randomly decide to post that

Selkoid

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You guys killed it in FLL last week! Glad I got to experience It's Only Smiles, it's been my favorite song off of P4 since release and it was absolutely great live, Spencer absolutely kills it. The bands Lune performance might be my favorite encore song I've ever seen as well, what a fun one with a bunch of other people that know the songs.

Now that all that is out of the way... Misha solo album when?

aesthyrian

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
TBF, Yvette made a post on her personal facebook about it first. He didn't just randomly decide to post that

Ah. Yeah, gotta be honest I haven't been following it much so I'm sure there are details I'm not aware of. I honestly thought the drama was done with until now and like with most things, people got upset and then forgot/stopped caring/realized it doesn't affect them and moved on to the next juicy gossip. I still think not giving this anymore attention would be a good route for Mark to consider. Let people forget and move on.

Sephiroth952

Ibby Fanboy
Reaction score
He’s probably just recovering now, honestly what people don’t realize is half the tour package was pretty damn sick, but with the other two bands being instrumental it didn’t affect them the same way.
Man I tell you I don't think there has been one tour that I haven't met Spencer afterward and him not be sick as a dog. Dude needs to take more vitamins or something.

bulb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Man I tell you I don't think there has been one tour that I haven't met Spencer afterward and him not be sick as a dog. Dude needs to take more vitamins or something.

He actually focuses quite a bit of his day around taking care of his voice and it really hasn't been an issue lately, but singing and screaming does open you up to more issues. But for what it's worth, I can't think of a single tour I have been on where something hasn't been going around, all it takes is one person and it spreads, just sometimes doesn't get the singers, or doesn't get them bad enough to where they can't sing.