Peizo pickup for 7 string

JunkMan

The Man Of Shred
Reaction score
I have a ibanez 7321, and want piezo saddles for it, im keeping the guitar for a long time so i want to mod it, also alot of stuff for the band im playing in uses acoustic 7 string, i dont own a acoustic 7 so i need to be able to get acoustic tones.

would i have to buy a set of 6 piezo's then an extra one?

Thanks JunkMan

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score

avenger

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Time to bump!

I was looking through the saddles at GraphTech but can't figure out which ones (if any) will fit my 7420 Lo-TRS. I am doing a refinish and want to add this to my axe.

Any help would be AWESOME!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
None of the stock Graphtech saddles will fit the Lo-TRS7 trem. You have two choices. You could swap out an Original Floyd Rose 7 Trem and get the matching Graphtech saddles, or get your current saddles modded by "shotgunmods" on this forum.

Current Mods

Whoops, never mind nothing to add to this :lol:

avenger

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
None of the stock Graphtech saddles will fit the Lo-TRS7 trem. You have two choices. You could swap out an Original Floyd Rose 7 Trem and get the matching Graphtech saddles, or get your current saddles modded by "shotgunmods" on this forum.

Current Mods
Alright that is good to know. I actually have a few questions about the peizo's while we are here if you dont mind.

Well first off and most importantly, is the OFR7 a direct replacement for my LO-TRS7 or is there mods required? I ask this because if I am going to do them I would want to do them when I repaint/new control layout on my guitar.

Also this one may seem pretty "noob" but I cant seem to find the answer. Do the peizo's have to run off a seperate output jack? or can I run both off the same jack and still retain the ability to switch between "peizo", "Mag" and "both"? If it is better to run off two output how would I run this to a single amp?

Thank you in advance, :bowdown:

Demeyes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Alright that is good to know. I actually have a few questions about the peizo's while we are here if you dont mind.

Well first off and most importantly, is the OFR7 a direct replacement for my LO-TRS7 or is there mods required? I ask this because if I am going to do them I would want to do them when I repaint/new control layout on my guitar.

Also this one may seem pretty "noob" but I cant seem to find the answer. Do the peizo's have to run off a seperate output jack? or can I run both off the same jack and still retain the ability to switch between "peizo", "Mag" and "both"? If it is better to run off two output how would I run this to a single amp?

Thank you in advance, :bowdown:

I've heard that the OFR is a direct drop in for the Lo-Trs but I've not seen any pictures, I'm sure a few people who have done it have posted here.
You can have 2 outputs or run both out of a single stereo jack. You can even split the output from the stereo jack with a Y cable. I think if you do this, it will sum to mono and have both signals when you use a regular cable. A lot of people use a switch on your guitar so you can go between the piezo/pickups then.

avenger

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've heard that the OFR is a direct drop in for the Lo-Trs but I've not seen any pictures, I'm sure a few people who have done it have posted here.
You can have 2 outputs or run both out of a single stereo jack. You can even split the output from the stereo jack with a Y cable. I think if you do this, it will sum to mono and have both signals when you use a regular cable. A lot of people use a switch on your guitar so you can go between the piezo/pickups then.
Alright that sounds good, since I am putting in blackouts I will already have a stereo jack out, then I will just add a quick switch for peizo/both/mag with seperate Volume pots for mag and peizo.

As for the bridge I am going to have to do some serious searching on what will replace my LO-TRS and accept peizo sadles.

Cheers

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
Alright that sounds good, since I am putting in blackouts I will already have a stereo jack out, then I will just add a quick switch for peizo/both/mag with seperate Volume pots for mag and peizo.

As for the bridge I am going to have to do some serious searching on what will replace my LO-TRS and accept peizo sadles.

Cheers

Ooooh, you can't do that. When you run active pickups, both prongs of the output jack are used, one for the hot signal, and one that works in conjunction with the battery (this is used so the battery won't drain when the guitar is unplugged.) Also, FYI, the 9Volt battery would be shared between the pickups and preamp.

You should ask Graphtech how to get around this problem. I'm thinking that you would have to add another switch to turn the battery on and off. Check out all the information for their GHOST system. I have the piezo and MIDI modules in my guitar and I think that they work great!

avenger

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ooooh, you can't do that. When you run active pickups, both prongs of the output jack are used, one for the hot signal, and one that works in conjunction with the battery (this is used so the battery won't drain when the guitar is unplugged.) Also, FYI, the 9Volt battery would be shared between the pickups and preamp.

You should ask Graphtech how to get around this problem. I'm thinking that you would have to add another switch to turn the battery on and off. Check out all the information for their GHOST system. I have the piezo and MIDI modules in my guitar and I think that they work great!
Alright I will contact them and see what they can come up with, thanks.

:yesway: