Pegasus or Titan for BRIDGE

giwrgos02

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey guys. I want to change pickups on my 6 string Schecter Diamond Omen Extreme. It has mahogany body, maple top, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard. Any help/opinion is highly appreciated :)

giwrgos02

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@TheRileyOBrien @narad @Mike @emroth Thank you guys for your answer, but could you please tell me why you chose Titan? Have you tried both pickups or at least 1 of them?

Mike

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Tried both, I own the titan bridge and had the titan neck as well. The pegasus to me was very flat in it's response and very clear. But too low in output and really had nothing about it that stood out tone or feel-wise. The titan chugs like a hammer, has nice balanced mids, a smooth, but still bright top end, and tons of clarity. It has quite a bit more output than the pegasus and for me, that's what I like. The pegasus was less compressed than the titan and cleaned up a little better, but the coil splitting on the titan I enjoy much more. It is extremely close in sound to a real single coil when it's split.The pegasus just seemed too thin and weak.

My titan is in my Jackson SLSMG which has mahogany wings, ebony fretboard, and a maple neck-thru.

edit: Also it helps if in your OP you tell us what you hope to accomplish with the pickup, what style(s) of music you play, and what you like/dislike about your current pickups. It helps us respondents to better tailor our answers and suggestions to you.

giwrgos02

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer @Mike. I just want a bridge pickup that will give me single string clarity, especially on the low end! I play mostly progressive stuff (periphery etc).

I havent really tried many pick ups, but both of the pickup sets I own have really muddy/blurry low end and 0 string clarity. I have the standard set of the Schecter (some passive shitty pickups) and an active set of EMG on my 7string (from which I am not really fond of either, since they have too much output.)

The only thing I like from my current pickups is the EMG 707 neck pickup of my 7string, because of that insane tone when Im soloing, but that's another story, I ll change these pickups too later..

MrPowers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
His description of the Pegasus is pretty much spot on. I had one in a Loomis 7 string and it sounded very bland. For that reason I'd go with the Titan, though I haven't tried one of those. They sound more lively in the demos I've heard than the Pegasus does.