Pedalboard noise HELP

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by LaPerraLoca, Jun 27, 2012.

1. LaPerraLoca

LaPerraLoca Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I have a couple of quick questions:

How I get rid of noise, comming from my pedalboard or something ?
    I have a AT-100 B52 Tube amp, a series of effects and a decimator that works great, all in front of the amp.

I made a pedalboard myself. All is powered through 1-spot daisy chain, all cables are cheap planet waves.

I've heard that power cables and signal cables must not be together or they will create noise, is this truth?
    Because if it is, y may make a lot of holes into the board and send the daisy chain under the board so they can be separate from signal cables

But right now
    I have them running one next to the other, and sometimes they make a lot of noise, and sometimes my rig is dead silent.

I've also noticed that when I'm alone, is quiet, but when I rehearsal with the band gets noisy.

At one moment I had my guitarist amp, plugged into the same multy contact, and thought that by sending him to another outlet in the house I'll fix the problem, but NO. I had a lil les noise, but still really noisy when high gain was on ( of course right )

So, this may be a power problem? Can I get rid of this by buying some furman power supply? I was going to buy the cheapest, but want to know if this helps, before buying it.
    ( also I don't wanna go with rack equipment, because I'll need to buy a rack and more stuff)

Btw. I know how to use the decimator, I'm talking about some noise that the decimator can't cut off

Thank you for you're time spent reading, I hope you can tell me something usefull

Alan.

2. WarMachine

WarMachine SS.org Regular

Hey dude, before you try throwing out more $$$ make sure that its not one of your pedals. i have used a TON of pedals and there are a few (boss super chorus and mxr black label chorus mainly) that when they are powered through an adapter they get WICKED loud current in your signal. May sound like a dumb question but how do you run your pedals through the decimator? not sure as i havent used one but if it has a loop in it you could also try running your board through that as well. I have a 1-spot that i bought about 3 yrs ago and havent had 1 issue from it.

3. LaPerraLoca

Amp - akg wireless - tremonti wah - ts9 - ds1 - ( never gets used ) - Boss ME-50 - MXR 10 EQ - DD3 - ISP decimator - Guitar

I have no issues with the 1 spot, also the pedals are not noisy or at least not the kind of noise I'm complaining about.

I may try to a/b test all o them.... Men that's a lot of work
    Hahaha

I don't use fx loop because is footswithsble ( sorry ) and I lost the foot switch

4. asilayamazing

asilayamazing SS.org Regular

do you have the ground switch on the back or whatever my old st-100 had a hum switch thing on the back....

5. OfArtAndArsenal

OfArtAndArsenal SS.org Regular

Is the ts9 actually for overdrive or just as a boost?
    I'd try putting the ISP closer to the end, because right now all you are gating is the guitar.

6. asilayamazing

should be this
    Guitar-wah-ISP decimator-ts9-decimator(x pattern)-ds1-MXR 10 EQ-Boss ME-50-DD3-amp
    the want the wah to change your guitars frequencies not the tubescreamers frequencies.....

and possibly the ts-9 and ds1 together before going to the return of the decimator. honestly once i got the ts-9 i pawned my old ds-1 for like 20$ or something. it was a tone sucker, and the tone sucked. :lol:

7. LaPerraLoca

My mistake... Actually just swap amp for guitar and that's the REAL CHAIN, otherwise I'll be stupid and bad sounding all over the place

8. LaPerraLoca

It has the switch, but makes lil to none difference.

9. LaPerraLoca

- I dont know, understand how to do the X-pattern, the decimator is the simple one, not the G one

10. asilayamazing

check all your cables.