Peavey Invective Megathread Misha Mansoor Signature Amp

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Takk, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Do they even have a steady stream of the basic 100w model?

Matt08642 and MetalHex like this.
  2. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

The guy who manages Randall amps distribution I think also works for Peavey.

3. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

I hope this is more of a tongue in cheek reply than a serious one otherwise nobody will get these amps lol!

MetalHex likes this.
  4. Deadpool_25

Deadpool_25 SS.org Regular

On the crunch and lead channels, yes. The one on the clean channel is more of a gain boost.

MetalHex likes this.
  5. MetalHex

MetalHex SS.org Regular

That is to say that no other external boost is needed to cut bass and boost other frequencies then....great!

Yeah they a 50w model to bring the overall size and weight, and price down, yet still have a big enough sound that will retain its sound and blaringly loud volumes. They need to start mass producing them, yesterday. Why are they so scarce as it is already?!

Deadpool_25 likes this.
  6. FILTHnFEAR

FILTHnFEAR Dread it, run from it....

Why do people think these are still scarce? GC and Sweetwater have had them in stock for a while. They pop up fairly often on GC used as well. It's where I picked mine up.

@MetalHex I feel no need for an external boost. It works really well with the lead and crunch channels.

I really don't get the appeal for the MH. It lacks most of what makes it's big brother great. No midi means no presets(only boost and gate on the lead channel), no crunch channel, el84's instead of big glass, only 1 fx loop, no mid tone control on the clean channel. Not very appealing now that I'm used to the features of the 120.

bracky and MetalHex like this.
  7. MetalHex

MetalHex SS.org Regular

To be honest I would only want boost and gate on lead channel as thats what I would use 99% of the time....so i wouldnt need crunch channel either. 1 FX loop is also fine considering a live situation because it keeps things minimal. The only thing for me is the 20w max concern if the place doesnt have a good PA and also at band practice. Though, most small bars and clubs mic up amps to the PA nowadays I think?

Still though I would feel safer with a 50w; its the sweet spot.

8. FILTHnFEAR

@MetalHex the 20 watts should be a concern unless you're certain you can mic up.

Ime these 20w lunchbox heads don't have the headroom for breakup free cleans or to keep the low end from falling apart at band level volumes.

2 friends were very disappointed when their lunchbox heads(6505mh & JCA20h) were buried by 100w heads and drums. Despite being warned.

50watts should do much better. Why not try a 5153 50 watter?

9. Spaced Out Ace

Why bother with less wattage at all? The 50w is going to be around 3dB less volume wise than the 100w. You could get that amount of volume decrease from trading your 412 in for a 212.

10. MetalHex

MetalHex SS.org Regular

I'd love to try one but also they dont have built in boost and gate.

Peavey should def make a 50w invective ;) @spacedoutace I dont know why to bother with the lower wattage...I guess it's strictly for bedroom players and part trendy novelty item

11. Spaced Out Ace

So get an attenuater and a 212 cabinet. You're not going to get that big of a difference in volume anyways, and you'd likely get less features.

12. FILTHnFEAR

I don't see them making a 50w Invective. The 120 switches down to 60 and now they have a 20w MH. Not much point.

Is the weight of the 120 really that big of an issue? As Ace said, the volume difference between 50 and 100 watts is negligible, you'll have better headroom and all the features.

13. Spaced Out Ace

I'd switch to a 212 (-3dB or so if everything is mostly equal or close to it versus a 412) and use the 60w setting (another -3dB give or take).

14. Deadpool_25

Deadpool_25 SS.org Regular

Volume should not be an issue with this amp. It’s very easy to control at low volumes. With the post and master volumes low it’s definitely bedroom volume. If it gets a little fizzy with the posts so low, just dial back the treble and presence and/or use an EQ (I recommend MXR 10-band for the extra high end frequency control).

Hmmm. I may have to unwatch this thread as I’m considering selling mine lol. Gotta help fund a non-guitar purchase.

15. MASS DEFECT

MASS DEFECT SS.ORG Infiltrator

Lowering the boost knob on the back helps with taming it too. I found that riding the master and the boost low can give me 6505MH 1watt level volumes.

FILTHnFEAR and Deadpool_25 like this.
  16. Guitardave

Guitardave New Member

What’s going on with the MH? I’ve had one on pre-order for weeks here in the UK, but even Peavey UK (as of yesterday) still can’t provide a release date :-/

Every website that has it up for pre-order has a different date! The place I ordered from has August 5th, but i’m not holding my breath...

Really frustrating when they launch these products at NAMM but then you can’t actually get hold of them for 6-12 months later.

17. Soya

Soya Poor person

Or if you live in Australia, ever.

Veldar, Vyn and beavis2306 like this.
  18. beavis2306

beavis2306 Lusts for gear

I
    Truth

Veldar likes this.
  19. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire

If it's a music product from a US brand that's not Fender or Gibson it's nigh on impossible to get easily in Australia. You have better luck convincing Joe Blogs private seller to ship his gear to Australia than a dealer being able to get something in from the manufacturer.

On the flip side our ESP/Ibanez dealers are on point and we get ALL the cool shit haha (my local has had 3 2027XLs in the space of 4 months haha)

20. Werecow

Werecow SS.org Regular

Is the problem that there's no equivalent to an Andertons, or Thomann, or Sweetwater there? Or just that the manufacturers themselves aren't interested in the market?