Paul Reed Smith - heavy is coming....

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
PRS is getting ready to unveil a pretty game changing metal based amplifier for themselves :cool:

5d934.jpg

Is it actually metal? Whose using it? Well Mark Tremonti, Emil Werstler, Dustie Waring and Clint Lowery have been running it live for a while to name a few ;)

whnu5e.jpg

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Tremonti used it as his main amp for rythem and leads on the last European run and was more than happy - he usually runs several amps. Emil uses a Bogner Shiva and Mesa Rectifier blended live - he will be replacing them both with one of these. Dustie went from using straight Fractal to using this for a majority of his amplier sounds.

I think its safe to say it's real... and it's mean!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am still majorly irritated that I can't use PRS amps at my place due to EMF interference... the modified 2 channel H head I had from TGS.ca was an absolute tone monster but I couldn't tame the EMF hum :(

It was fine everywhere else, but I do 90% of my playing at home so I'm sort of screwed :lol:

rebornself27

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I am still majorly irritated that I can't use PRS amps at my place due to EMF interference... the modified 2 channel H head I had from TGS.ca was an absolute tone monster but I couldn't tame the EMF hum :(

It was fine everywhere else, but I do 90% of my playing at home so I'm sort of screwed :lol:

Oh thats terrible man i had a voodoo amps modded crate blue voodoo that would pick up radio stations Soccer games mostly all my other amps didnt lol sounded killer though

Edika

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
PRS is getting ready to unveil a pretty game changing metal based amplifier for themselves :cool:

Why would PRS tease us like that? Unveil an amp like that just for themselves? :fawk::fawk::cool:

Sorry I just couldn't resist! Great news and I would be very interested in hearing them. PRS is making some incredible guitars but they always seemed to me like a niche market brand. The last few years however they have really spread their awesomeness in more areas and price ranges!

Black Mamba

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Emil uses a Bogner Shiva and Mesa Rectifier blended live - he will be replacing them both with one of these.

Damn, if Emil's replacing his beloved Shiva and Dual Rectifier with this, I know it has to be the shit. Can't wait for more info!

JoshuaVonFlash

SSBRO.org regular
Reaction score
Really nice seeing a company grow, for some reason PRS seems like they've been around almost as Gibson and Fender, probably due to the way their guitars look, they have a very vintage look to them. But they've only been around in mass production since the mid 80's. Pretty cool seeing them start to roll out and expand with new stuff.

goldsteinat0r

Zib Zob Zabbity
Reaction score
I have a friend in a local band who is endorsed by them. He attended the PRS experience this past summer and got to jam one of these. Now this guy is a tone-fanatic. He and his co-guitarist have always used the highest end equipment in this scene (bogners and EVHs, all rackmounted shit, etc) and not to mention he ALWAYS has great tone. He would NOT stop talking about this head. He said it was not to be believed. I bet its going to rule.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm going to say what I do for every high-end Maryland-made PRS product...

Please let there be an SE version, please let there be an SE, version, please let there be an SE version...

Seanthesheep

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
.... if its 3ch this is gonna be good. the cleans and mid gain tones have always been killer on PRS amps, and having a matching metal channel would be great :D