Parallaxe 7 string on sale.

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by elkoki, May 21, 2020.

1. elkoki

elkoki SS.org Regular

Never tried one of these, don't know what their quality is like.. but it's on sale for $399 brand new.. There's about 6 of them left.

They have some interesting specs. 24.75'' scale, 707 pickups, set neck... The guitar itself looks pretty nice, but I think the 12th fret inlay says "Marc" for Marc Rizzo who I think is a member of SoulFly. I'd almost definitely get one if it weren't for that.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338014327&icep_item=324095735837

2. shupe13

shupe13 SS.org Regular

They look cool as hell.

3. stretcher7

stretcher7 SS.org Regular

Washburn QC is not so good.

MaxAidingAres likes this.
  4. Cole Justesen

Cole Justesen SS.org Regular

I bought one of the 25.5" scale versions (not this particular one that is 24.75") and I thought it was really good! Not like my E-II 7s good, but really not bad at all. I paid $635 for the one I bought, and didn't think I wasted my money in the slightest. The fret ends needed addressed (which I can take care of myself), but they weren't bad, just not E-II standard that I am used to.

This is the one I bought...

https://reverb.com/item/27132931-washburn-pxl-27ec-7-string-parallaxe-single-cut-satin-black

Cole

5. SJShinn

SJShinn SS.org Regular

That makes me sad to hear. My 2004 Washburn X50 is one of the best playing import guitars I have ever laid hands on. Been sad to see them sliding downhill since then.

6. Cole Justesen

The reason I bought mine was because a friend owned 6 string version and it is awesome! The fretwork was impeccable (that was up there with my E-IIs), well constructed, and played amazing.

The 7 string version didn't have as nice of fret work at the ends (there weren't any high/low frets), which could be due to atmospheric changes, though still not as nicely dressed. Everything else was great though, and the neck was very, very comfortable!

My takeaway is that some of their their guitars might need some extra fret work to get to my liking. If that was the 25.5" scale version, I would buy another without question.

Cole

7. 0rimus

0rimus SS.org Regular

I've been keeping an eye out for the non signature version of this for awhile, but the price never drops below $600-ish.

Don't know why single-cut 7's are so rare :(

8. Cole Justesen

The non-signature version does have a nice neck profile too! While it isn't in the same league as other 7 string brands posted here, it is still very playable. I gave mine to the friend who has the 6 string model (as he had a previous bad experience with a 7 string with a different scale). That particular Washburn converted him to 7 strings now.

Hopefully you can find a great deal on one!

Cole