Pantera's Domination cover (singing and playing simultaneously)

Discussion in 'Live Performance & Stage Sound' started by nightlight, Mar 12, 2021.

1. nightlight

nightlight SS.org Regular

A cover of Domination by Pantera. Some mistakes here and there and the solo was off the cuff, so naturally, the band broke up shortly thereafter, lol.

Apologies for the microphone screeches and feedback, taught me to buy a noise gate, or carry the Kemper.

Can't make out anything without headphones, apologies.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    Jonathan20022 likes this.
  2. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

Needs more headbanging ;)

Good job man, I miss jamming thrash classics with my old bandmates. Sounds pretty solid all around, cheers.

nightlight likes this.
  3. nightlight

Haha, thank you! The mistakes always seem glaring to me.

Funny thing despite being a connoisseur of headbanging: I actually hardly move while singing and playing. It's really difficult to do it with some pieces of music and I'd probably screw up.

I think the simplest example is the song "Come As You Are" by Nirvana, just the slightest distraction and I either sing the wrong thing or play a wrong note.

I've never seen Chuck Schuldiner headbang, so there's comfort in that.

Jonathan20022 likes this.
  4. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

just one main criticism:

1) get the drummer to play on a click and that will help make him alot tighter whilst also playing it at correct tempo

guitar work seems spot on though. Nice fun jam.

nightlight likes this.
  5. nightlight

Thanks. I would, but we almost immediately ran into line-up trouble and the project collapsed. This was our first and only jam with these members.

First, the bassist dropped out (no idea why, I don't think he plays anymore though), so the drummer brought in his buddy (who I am currently with in another band).

Then the drummer suffered a horrific accident, breaking seven ribs and getting metal plates put into his body. I went and saw him and we jammed once after he got better, but it was clear he was in no shape to play.

May never play again, so that's the end of the project.