Painted in Exile (New York Tech/Prog/Melo/Math/Awesome)

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by SerratedSkies, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Arterial

Arterial Dreamer

Youre welcome, please feel free to add to it what you can.

2. metulkult

metulkult rapping metal head

Ahhhh, words can not describe how much I love you.

3. Arterial

Arterial Dreamer

Daww geez thanks :p

4. Marc In Exile

Marc In Exile SS.org Regular

What's up, everyone!

Thank you guys once again for all of the amazing comments. I apologize for not really being around much lately, but I'm really psyched to hear that you guys are still digging the EP, even after it's been out for almost A FULL YEAR already :eek:

We ARE working on new material for our Debut Full-Length, which we're shooting to record this Summer if all goes according to plan, but we've run into a bit of a dilemma. Our bassist, who I announced in my last post, is no longer playing with us, so unfortunately we're currently seeking a NEW FULL-TIME BASSIST (More details here - SEEKING NEW FULL-TIME BASSIST - PAINTED IN EXILE (NEW LAYOUT AND VIDEO)'s MySpace Blog |). PLEASE HELP US spread the word to anyone and everyone who you think might be interested in filling the position based on the requirements in the blog!

On a much better note - You may remember that we started working on our Official Music Video for the title track "Revitalized" this past December.....well we've FINALLY released the Official Trailer! - YouTube - Painted In Exile - "Revitalized" Official Music Video Trailer

I know, I know....you were probably expecting the full video, but it's gonna be another few weeks :rolleyes: because we had to wait for the guys at Abstrakt Pictures to get back from filming Born Of Osiris' new DVD on the Trash and Burn tour, which is gonna be incredible! :shred:

And for all of you Fist Pumpers near the Jersey Shore (Sorry, I had to) - We're playing THIS FRIDAY, September 24th with Within The Ruins at Club Merge in Seaside Heights, and this is our first out-of-state show in YEARS, so come hang with us! We'll be back on Long Island the next day with some good friends of ours, but we'll be cutting down on the shows for a while afterwards so that we can focus on writing the new record.

I wish that I had Guitar Pro because I'm dying to check out all of these tabs lol.

tongarr - The Reign Of Kindo instantly became one of my Top 10 favorite bands. They're so good that I managed to get the 5 other Death Metal lovers in our band to love them immediately, so that should speak for itself. I've been lucky enough to see them a couple of times already, and they were amazing each time, so I can't wait to see them again sometime in the next month or so.

IbanezShredderB - Thanks so much, man! I'm dying to get over to Cali myself, and it's definitely gonna be a while until we're ready to make it happen, but you will certainly be made aware of it once we have solid plans to do so.

eventhetrees - No problem, man......Thanks for caring enough to read my long updates!

*GEAR* - We actually ended up Re-Amping all of the guitar parts using a whole WALL full of amps....most of which can be seen here, courtesy of The Human Abstract - View All Photos Photo Gallery - Photo 133 of 145 by The Human Abstract - MySpace Photos

As far as Guitars go - we used my Modded Fender Mexi Strat, Carvin DC727C 7-String, Ibanez EW20QMENT Acoustic, James' Washburn X-Series, Ibanez 7321 7-String, and Will Putney's Fender American Tele.

Once again, we REALLY CAN'T THANK YOU GUYS ENOUGH for the amazing responses that we've gotten over the past 11 months. It really means a lot to us, and I can't wait for all of you to check out the new material that we've been working on, as well as the "Revitalized" Music Video (Coming THIS FALL). Hope you guys dug the Trailer!

Thanks,

- Marc

5. Arterial

Arterial Dreamer

omg!
    youve gotta check out my tab Marc :)
    need confirmation of how close/correct it is.

also come to australia :(

hi btw.

6. pineappleman

pineappleman Why can I not sleep?

Awwwhh I was so dissapointed you guys couldn't get the ridiculously insane chorus tapping riff! :nuts: Haha, this is still quite :eek: though!

Marc, any chance you'd like to share with us the intense Skylines chorus tapped part I am referring to?

7. Arterial

Arterial Dreamer

contribute to the tab if you would please :)
    we did what we could.

8. Marc In Exile

Arterial - Lol Hey, man. I'm gonna try to get my hands on Guitar Pro ASAP. And as far as Australia goes....it's definitely a huge goal in my life/our career, but it's the same deal as California right now.....it's gonna be a while (probably years) haha. We'll make it happen soon enough though, dude.

As far as that Skylines part goes - I can't see what's already been done in the tab, but I'm assuming that you're referring to the one underneath the chorus, and not the solo before it. Unfortunately, I'm at school for next couple of months, so I don't really have enough time to tab it out for you guys, but I CAN give you a couple of hints.

** It's actually NOT tapping. It's a combination of picking and slides.

AND

*** As "all over the place" as these songs can be, we tried to write them motivically to some extent, so if you listen carefully to the rest of the song you'll find another version of the same line (that's MUCH easier to hear) because we made a conscious effort to try to repeat some of the same themes in different contexts.

I hope that helps, guys! Let me know how it turns out, and thanks for putting in the time/effort to transcribe our stuff!

- Marc

9. Arterial

Arterial Dreamer

Another thing ive noted is that you guys barely repeat the same riff twice, which is mindnumbingly jizzical. Got any tips for an aspiring songwriter?

Also, would you kindly confirm the tunings of the songs off the EP?

Skylines - Drop C
    Revitalized - Drop C
    Distanced by Dissonance - 7-String A Standard?

10. pineappleman

Wow, thanks Marc! That'll be quite helpful! :hbang: Riff reprisals = epic. One time when it's convenient my singer and I are going to road trip out to NYC to see you guys! And my band's bassist said he would tryout for PIE, but luckily for us he's 17 and lives in Michigan. :lol:

EDIT: OOH OOH OOH! I'm 99% sure the part Marc is referring to is at the 6:41 mark, right when the epic clean part comes in at the end, before the "The lives of dozens in my hands..." part! I shall have fun tabbing this later.

On a sidenote, I LOVE lyrics that are really dark/violent but sung in a triumphant/happy/soothing manner, like those ones! A lot of Protest the Hero lyrics are like that too. Thumbs up to Rob or whoever wrote the lyrics. :yesway:

11. Fzau

Fzau Unleash the proggies

Oh shit, I could definately use some PIE right now! :metal:

12. pineappleman

I was just creepin' on Marc's profile :)ugh:) and Distanced is in dropped A.

13. Steve08

Steve08 SS.org Regular

Don't waste $60 on GP, just download TuxGuitar, which is a free program and it's pretty much the exact same thing but with a better interface (imo). You can open GP and powertabs with it as well as save a tab as GP4/GP5 for everybody else that doesn't have it, as far as I know.

Download :: TuxGuitar

:)

14. Arterial

Arterial Dreamer

I highly doubt that he'd spend $60 just to check out one tab...

15. FMG

FMG SS.org Regular

You know when you're listening to something so ridiculously awesome that you can't actually believe what you are hearing? That just happened to me when I gave this band a proper listen. Jesus..... I think I need a cold flannel and a lie down...

16. Marc In Exile

Arterial (Danny) - Lol Thanks, dude. I don't really have any real tips for that because I'm not entirely sure how/why that happened so much on Revitalized, and it all depends on the context of what you're writing. Obviously, we weren't trying to write the familiar "Verse-Chorus" types of songs at the time, so when we DID feel the need to repeat something, we just didn't see the purpose in repeating it exactly the same way each time (I guess that stems partially from my Jazz mindset). I think that it also had something to do with the fact that it was our first time writing/playing together in a while (myself being the newest member who was was responsible for much of the writing), so we all had things that we wanted include/"say" in the music. We ARE taking a little more of that approach on some of the new material, so we'll see how that works out.......we're still experimenting with it.

And those tunings are all correct, except for Distanced. As pineappleman reported (Don't sweat the "stalking" thing.....apparently that's what the internet's here for these days anyway haha), it's on a 7-String in Drop-A.

pineappleman - Although I would recommend waiting until we finally go on tour, that would be absolutely awesome, so THANK YOU in advance if you actually make it happen. And tell your bassist that we greatly appreciate the offer/interest, but the long distance thing clearly doesn't work for us lol.....I'm sure that he's killin' though. And you're right about the 6:41 part, good ears!

Steve08 - I actually tried downloading it a few months ago and, for some reason, it didn't work on my computer. I ended up getting Guitar Pro from a friend of mine a few weeks ago anyway, so it's all good, but I appreciate the heads up!

FMG - That's beyond awesome to hear, man thank you so much. Enjoy that nap and that flannel!

OFFICIAL "REVITALIZED" MUSIC VIDEO COMING VERY VERY VERY SOON!!!

Thank you all once again.......you guys are the shit.

- Marc

17. Marc In Exile

Just want to give you guys the heads up, so I'll keep this one short and sweet!

TONIGHT AT 12:00 (December 1st) my band PAINTED IN EXILE will be FINALLY celebrating the **WORLDWIDE RELEASE** of the OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO for our title track "Revitalized"!!!

Be sure to check it out on our MySpace, Facebook, and YouTube pages:

Myspace
    Painted in Exile | Facebook
    YouTube - PaintedinExile's Channel

After an ENTIRE YEAR of working on this project with our good friends at Abstrakt Pictures, we are finally ready to release it for all of you who have been waiting since we started production last December! We can't thank you guys enough for being so patient and supportive throughout this entire process, and we literally CANNOT wait to see your reactions!

HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!

- Marc / Painted In Exile

18. NovaReaper

NovaReaper Banned

I heard your drummer got a gig playing for some opera house? Haha how's that working out?

19. pineappleman

20. Steve08

Steve08 SS.org Regular

That's a damn shame, they're needing 3 members at this point because as far as I know they haven't found a replacement for Connor yet...

Although leaving a band like PiE, with so much potential, just because of college is really lame IMO.