Painted in Exile (New York Tech/Prog/Melo/Math/Awesome)

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by SerratedSkies, Nov 2, 2009.

1. mattofvengeance

mattofvengeance Team Ibanez

I never saw him say anything about the jazz breaks, instead hating on the rapping parts, which I 100% agree with. I also concur with his assessment of them trying to put too much into each song, and I believe they are trying to be diverse just to show how diverse they are. Some of it sounds forced. They're an insanely talented band, and like adb, I think they could be so much better. Just my opinion, though. I'm not hating :)

2. Prydogga

Prydogga Giddyup.

So one or two rapping sections ruins the ENTIRE band? You say you're not a troll?

Thanks for the needless neg rep for everyone not on your side though, you really are the big man here. Glad to have you on the board.

3. Prydogga

Prydogga Giddyup.

Yeah that was my bad, I just saw the one post about 'putting too much shit' in and assumed he was talking about the overall arc of genres mixed in. In fact, I was merely asking a question, I guess adb just READ it to have hate. :lol:

Frankly, the rapping in Skylines was cool as a laugh, but it'll be interesting to see if repeated use of it still has a positive effect on the music.

4. adb

adb Banned

I also don't like their clean vocals. Please, if you think I'm trolling, read all my posts itt

To be completely clear. This band has some elements I like. If they focused on those they'd be a fucking amazing band, probably one of my favorites

but, they incorporate a lot of things I DO NOT like about music. I have nothing else to say, I've said it all.

5. Prydogga

Prydogga Giddyup.

I didn't think you were a troll, until the flaming of other posters the 'typical harley davidson rider' comment on Lukifer's profile tipped me off. That's stereotyping worse than being called a troll mate.

Lukifer likes this.
  6. BrainArt

BrainArt Deftones Guru.

Except you're going about voicing your opinion in a vile manner, then getting annoyed and start name calling and neg repping people (which I'm not complaining about, I laughed when I saw that) when you're being called a troll. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, but that doesn't mean you can come into a thread (you did the same in to BoO thread) and shit all over a band that people like.

And before you say that I didn't read your post, yes I did; I saw that you said that you think that a rapping section (which they only have two of, the one in Skylines and the teaser) ruins the band, but next time when voicing your opinion (which you're entitled to), think about what you're going to say instead of deciding to make a comparison to dog turds... :noplease:

Anyways, I'm done, this has gone way too off-topic. This is a thread for fans of PIE, who like everything about them. Haters gon' hate.

7. adb

adb Banned

BOO and PIE are bands that have good parts to their music. I listen to it and like parts. I've said good things about BOTH bands and talk about them.

However, I dislike parts too. This is a discussion forum, the whole point of a forum is to get different perspectives (regardless of how "vile" they are)

If you don't like what I say, there's an ignore feature on this forum. Most people I've found in band threads are fanboys IMO. I'm done with this thread for now. But when theres a new song I'll put my two cents in because I'm not breaking any rules

8. Arterial

Arterial Dreamer

you havent named me any bands yet adb, what BANDS do you like?

9. adb

adb Banned

Special Defects, AAL, Augury, Assimilated Mind Phase, Blotted Science

basically space-themed prog/tech/melodic death metal

10. Lukifer

Lukifer Need more gain

I'll listen to this band and like them but I'm done with this thread. U win. Bye.

11. Marc In Exile

Marc In Exile SS.org Regular

What's up, guys!

Haven't been on here in a while, so I figured that I would check in and let you guys know what's been going on with us lately. As some of you may know, we recently parted ways with our Bassist, Keyboardist, and our other Guitarist over the course of the past few months (primarily due to their desires to finish their educations). We're still in the process of writing our new Full-Length and we're shooting to hit the road this summer, but we need a full line-up again before we can complete either of these. We're currently holding auditions for all three of these positions, so if you or someone you know might be interested/qualified, **PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO CONTACT US!!!!** (paintedinexile@hotmail.com)

Here are the requirements (Please read carefully):

GUITAR/KEYS - SEEKING NEW FULL-TIME GUITARIST AND KEYBOARDIST by PAINTED IN EXILE (NEW LAYOUT AND VIDEO) on Myspace

BASS - SEEKING NEW FULL-TIME BASSIST by PAINTED IN EXILE (NEW LAYOUT AND VIDEO) on Myspace

We are 100% serious, professional, and dedicated musicians who are working extremely hard to turn this band into our careers, and we have a solid foundation of knowledge/experience under our belts. We're also in the process of earning our Bachelor's Degrees in Music Performance/Education (Jazz Guitar and Classical Percussion).

Even if you're not interested for yourself, please help us get the word out to anyone you know who may be interested/qualified!

Anyway....on a happier note, we're still doing our best to push forward and not let the situation slow us down too much, and (as Rich was kind enough to post earlier) we've released a Teaser compilation of SOME of the new material that we've been working on:

YouTube - Painted In Exile LP Teaser 2011

More info on that, here: NEW 2011 LP TEASER IS RELEASED! by PAINTED IN EXILE (NEW LAYOUT AND VIDEO) on Myspace

Fzau - The Teaser was the big news!

NickSBTT - Thanks so much, man that really means a lot to me (although my goal is certainly the OPPOSITE of discouraging other guitarists/musicians!). You guys really sound great. I love the Prog elements and the musicality......and being a Percussionist myself, I love the use of Glockenspiel in that first track! Although I DO wish that the vocals ranged a little more in pitch and style.....and I'd LOVE to hear some clean singing with this stuff! Keep up the good word, man!

*** We'll be hanging out at The New England Metal and Hardcore Festival THIS Saturday, as well as celebrating my 21st birthday :drew:, so be sure to come and grab a drink with us if you're gonna be there! :cheers:

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and the continued support!

- Marc / Painted In Exile

12. Arterial

Arterial Dreamer

^ check your FB for my wall post =D

13. Marc In Exile

14. lord-loligator

lord-loligator fun and fancy fizzle

I'll buy that EP! The artwork is great too!

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

i'll second the motion

15. nojyeloot

nojyeloot SS.org Regular

He's incredible! :hbang:

I've reposted the vid for you, Marc, so it's embedded

New P.I.E. keys.

16. pineappleman

pineappleman Why can I not sleep?

I wish my (ex-)bassist wasn't in high school and lived in New York so he could audition for PIE. He would get the part.

17. Marc In Exile

Ahh thanks a lot, guys! I was trying to figure out how to do that myself, but it was getting late and I was losing patience haha. Just for future reference though, how DO you embed videos?

18. pineappleman

pineappleman Why can I not sleep?

"youtubevid" then the part of the video URL that comes after /watch?v= then "/youtubevid"

But replace the quotes with brackets.

19. Arterial

Arterial Dreamer

really?

i just link the actual youtube link and it embeds automatically on here.

20. trashed

trashed SS.org Regular

hey Marc, any chance that we get a new PiE song this summer? we are so stoked for it. :D