Padalka Neptune (No84) lost with the postal service...

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by Pietjepieter, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Pietjepieter

Pietjepieter SS.org Regular

So... like the title says, I bought a second hand Padalka, which was send to me two mounts ago and somehow it is lost with the postal service...

Let me tell the full story, I was allready searching for a second eight string for sometime. Because I like to have a back up. Use the eight string for some song in my band, and it has sometimes some problems with the electronics of mine overload. So I thought I buy a second 8 string so I can fix the first one and also to have a backup (and yeah GAS level was quite high).

I did not know what to buy until a Padalka Neptune 8 string showed up on reverb.
    link to the specific guitar: http://padalka-guitars.com/portfolio-items/neptune-84/

I was able to work out a good price with the seller and he sent it to me (from sweden to netherlands) with tracking ID etc. So I followed the tracking and it was going well until it was in Koge (denmark) then it did not move according to the tracking.

After one week the seller contacted postnord (the sweden postal service) and they said something lik "yeah it's busy because of holiday and we just had to wait. So we wait one more week called again etc... Still same answer. So we filled a complain at the company and since then we asked on updates. We always get the answer that it is under investigation whatever that means.

Now they informed us the basically don't know where the package is, according to postnord it was send from Koge to the netherlands, but it never arrives there... And they have no idea where it is. So it will be a insurance thing in the and then yeah i will get mine money back.

Only thing is I really prefer the guitar above the money (otherwise I didn't bought it to start with)

So do one of you ever had a situation like this, and do you know if there are any legal steps etc. we can take to push them to search a little harder? I don't believe a thing like this can get lost (it's not a small package or something)

And I also made this post for in case it got stolen ore something and someone tries to sell it maby one of you sees it and remember this post!

I put some pictures below (since it had a little modification, kill switch and other pickups) padalka verstuurd 1.jpg

Padalka 2.jpg

Thank you, i know this post properly will not help, put i am feeling kind of powerless in this situation so I just had to post it, maybe someone has a good idea or it pops up somewhere. Got to try it anyhow!

2. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

What happens in this situation? You guys both get your money back?

3. Pietjepieter

Yeah, seller gets from the postal service, me from the seller.

4. cardinal

cardinal F# Dive Bomber

That SUCKS.

If I were in your situation, I immediately would ask the seller for my money back. It's the seller's problem to work it out with the shipping company. Hopefully they will find the guitar, and you can just buy it again and actually get it delivered this time, but for now I would demand my money back since the guitar appears to be lost. Don't let the seller try to tell you that they need to wait for the shipping company. That is the seller's problem, not yours.

Pietjepieter and Zhysick like this.
  5. Pietjepieter

Thanks, and yeah i know, only thing is every day i hope that they find it or it just gets pops up at my place or something. Getting the money back is the logic thing to do, only i don't for some reason it just not feels right or something.... I know that is stupid:nuts:

6. ikarus

ikarus SS.org Regular

You are right, the seller has a contract with the shipping company and has to initiate further steps, but if the parcel is lost and both parties are private persons, the risk is on the buyers side.

Pietjepieter likes this.
  7. Fred the Shred

Fred the Shred Shrederick

Man, that is downright dreadful. :(

Pietjepieter likes this.
  8. Pietjepieter

Yeah it is i am really sad about it.

For the money part ok, the seller seems like a very good and nice guy, who is also really keeping me updating, answering questions, pushing postnord etc. So i am not too worried about the money part, we will sort that out in the end.

I am really worried that the guitar just disappear which seems such a useless waste, hell at some point I wish someone just stole it and is now shredding the shit out off it! But properly it just somewhere in a storage facility just fading away.

You whould say in automated times like this with tagging, barcodes, tracking systems this tings should not be possible. OK maybe for small packages but something like a guitar in a case? Thats what really bugs me, things just not disappear into thin air....:shrug:

9. Winspear

Winspear Tom Winspear

You should apply for your money just incase. Should the seller be put in a position where insurance isn't paying out (happens a LOT!), he may easily change his mind and stop communicating. Keep the ball in your court. Be polite and say you'll continue to work with him but that you hope he understands you do need to initiate the usual official process. Open up a claim with paypal presuming that's what you used, get the money back. Stay in touch and hope he gets his insurance money. Let him know you will pay him back should the guitar show up. When loss investigations occur the shipment can sometimes end up returned to sender too. Should the guitar be gone forever and insurance not pay out, you may decide to be kind and split some money with him to share the loss - but you need to keep it within your power because that's the only position you have here.

It doesn't make sense how this happens indeed, but it happens plenty with the volume they handle. Guess it's easy enough for something to end up on the wrong shelf in a big warehouse, and you know there is no way they are searching an entire warehouse for every loss claim filed.

10. Marv Attaxx

Marv Attaxx ಠ_ಠ

The issue with the money aside, this make me sad af. I love everything Padalka puts out and I've seen this guitar on his homepage before. If someone stole it sooner or later people will find out because it's so unique. If it sits in a warehouse forever without being played at all.... :(
    I truly hope it'll show up in one way or another on your doorstep on day and that I can read a proper NGD thread :yesway:

Pietjepieter and Ordacleaphobia like this.
  11. Pietjepieter

Thanks guys for all the advise! As soon as their is any progress I will let you know!

12. khm

khm SS.org Regular

I have had things disappear quite a few times over here in NL, only for them to magically appear a month or so later - no idea why! I pretty much demand Fedex if I have a choice these days, they are not the cheapest by any stretch but whenever anything has gone wrong, they have been very fast to sort it out / fix things for me. DPD on the other hand, tjonger jonger.. Really hope it shows up for you man, keep an alter on Maarktplaats as well in case.

13. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Hey...how did everybody get in my room?

Same thing happened to me almost 2 years ago when Simon shipped my Neptune from Russia to America. It was lost for 4-5 weeks after it cleared customs. Luckily it was found, and got to me safely.

Fingers crossed that yours gets to you as well.

14. Lemonbaby

Lemonbaby SS.org Regular

Are you sure the insurance is that high on parcels in Sweden? In Germany, DHL parcels are only insured for 500 EUR max. The T&C explicitly exclude more expensive items and for stuff like watches etc. you have to go with really expensive shipping or hand carry services...

Let's hope they can still dig it out somewhere.

Winspear likes this.
  15. Winspear

Winspear Tom Winspear

Similar situation here. Not trying to worry threadstarter but it's good to gather information for all to read about such situations in general.
    You can pay out extra for seemingly unlimited insurance directly with the UK couriers. In the terms however you will find that instruments are only covered in a hardcase (sure customs usually ship in them, but used guitars often don't) and only for loss - damage insurance is capped at a fairly useless repair cost.
    The only way I know to get proper comprehensive insurance from the UK is to use Parcelhero or Transglobalexpress, brokers who sell their own insurance with good terms. The most popular and cheaper broker Parcel2Go, just resells the couriers poor insurance.

16. Thaeon

Thaeon Cosmic Question Asker

If the investigation leads to refund before delivery, I hope some poor, guitar playing, postal worker finds it and gets to take it home after the appropriate processes. As it stands, it sounds like that may have happened through improper processes already.

17. Pietjepieter

Yeah that is what I was wondering what if you get a refund, and after that they find the package?

Anyway for a lot of questions raised, i try to surch on the internet, but it is really giving me a lot of different information, that not is in line with each other.
    I guess i am going to become a little wiser on a lot of things i really don't wanne have any knowledge about the upcoming month or so....

For now postnord is still "investigating" the case so I guess all best thing to do is to wait for now, and hope they find it somewhere.
    Fingers crossed...

18. nightlight

nightlight SS.org Regular

Wow, that is a spectacular looking guitar. I hope this gets sorted out one way or another.

Pietjepieter likes this.
  19. Winspear

Winspear Tom Winspear

Happened to me once - received $150 of fretwire months after the insurance claim was completed

20. Pietjepieter

So you end up having both the refund and the fretwire?