Padalka guitars

meta4

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This is a bit too busy looking for my taste with this top and I prefer the look of the Neptun shape.

I have to agree. This is the first of his deigns that doesn't work for me (and I like the Ennea elements in general). Perhaps the complete instrument will look better than the mock up. Neptune looks much better to my tastes.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Contributor
Reaction score
37582390_2090411877644867_5566777408075333632_n.jpg
Vanquish headless might be around the corner.....

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
That top is like...a lot. That would be a amazing for fingerboards.

Still dig it though.

Edit: I would really like to see a Pluto bass.

thinkpad20

plays guitar??
Reaction score
Not sure what I think about the Pluto. My first impression is that those bulbous horns coupled with the more shortened overall scale that comes with a headless design make it look like of cartoonish. But I think with the right woods and colors it might look much better.

KnightBrolaire

meet me in the pit
Reaction score
The place that posts all the jacked up blackmachines for sale? This should be good...
they're selling RANs for like 500-1k over what you could buy them for direct from RAN's instock section. I have a feeling that all the padalkas they get are going to have a similar thing happen.

Soya

Poor person
Reaction score
Now Simon will have to build more guitars to keep them stocked up and the wait times will get longer for everyone. Daemoness status here we come :frantic:

meta4

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
they're selling RANs for like 500-1k over what you could buy them for direct from RAN's instock section. I have a feeling that all the padalkas they get are going to have a similar thing happen.

Ordering direct and getting exactly what one wants for less sounds like the better option...
Of course, all of Simon's instruments are good so for someone who has the money and doesn't have the patience (or experience to know their own preferences) it could work. Still, a premade one seems a compromise to personal tastes for many. I bought the HGGS Ennea as I loved the look and could have it 'now' and, even still, if I was ordering from scratch I would have done some of the specs differently (a really great bass regardless).

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
Well Simon just broke my heart. He isn’t interested in doing extreme X style guitars, so no custom shape for me. I absolutely had his styling in mind to do something a bit unique; but something we talked about last year may finally be coming to life so I’m optimistic about that.

KnightBrolaire

meet me in the pit
Reaction score
Well Simon just broke my heart. He isn’t interested in doing extreme X style guitars, so no custom shape for me. I absolutely had his styling in mind to do something a bit unique; but something we talked about last year may finally be coming to life so I’m optimistic about that.
daemoness time boiii

strangers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It is here!

I got the guitar yesterday, and left work early to experience it in its full glory. I spent the better part of yesterday and today playing it, and I can confidently say this is the best guitar that I have ever played.

I'll post a full NGD in a few days, including the small collection I've picked up in the last few weeks. Before I go any further though, the pictures.

pESzupn.jpg

DMFQbRx.jpg

2q3myog.jpg
[/IMG]

xQXTSjf.jpg

LXAmiP8.jpg

bj1AmKG.jpg

zY2qI1I.jpg

Album of my pics: (bonus gif of my cat)

https://imgur.com/a/EMP1WTo

and Simon's (much better) album:

http://padalka-guitars.com/space-gallery-10/d

Guitar Spec's:

scale – 25.5″-27″ (9 fret neutral)
number of frets – 24
number of strings – 7
model – Space
headstock – A-2

Body:

construction – solid body
material – African Mahogany one piece
top – Burl Maple, 16mm

Neck:

construction – set in, 7 pieces
material – Wenge / Mahogany
thickness – 18mm (1 fret), 20mm (12 fret)
profile “U”
fretboard material – Macassar Ebony
fretboard radius – compound 10-16″
frets – Jescar Stainless Steel 2.79×1.45mm
side markers – luminlay dots
fretboard binding – 1 ply curly maple
nut – Hipshot Zero Friction

Pickups:

BKP Rebel Yell

Electronics:

volume
5-way lever switch

Hardware:

tuners – Schaller M6
bridge – Hipshot Hardtail
wooden knob
Schaller straplocks

Finish:

Oil + wax
Body, headstock – gloss (polyester)

Weight:

3,58 Kg

This guitar is absolutely unbelievable. I really don't know how to describe it other than perfect. I know I haven't had it long, but over the years I've owned a ton of guitars, and in the last few months I've picked up some really quality stuff from Ibanez, EBMM, Dell'isola, and earlier this year I had a Kiesel K-Series made. None of them are at the same level as the Padalka imo, except maybe the Dell'Isola, and still the Padalka is clearly nicer. I didn't expect that a guitar could really be so much better than the others in my collection, as each is a very nice guitar, which I am happy to own. The care and craft that Simon puts into this is really something spectacular. I've sat waiting for the last year, reading reviews, watching as my own build progressed, and waiting patiently for each picture, and it was completely worth it. Even still, when I first opened the case, when I first held it, and when I first started playing I was blown away. Honeslty, I can't believe he is selling these guitars for as cheap as he is. The fact that you can get a guitar from him in the same price range as most of my other guitars is a complete joke.

As important as the quality of his work, I just want to point out again the quality of Simon's business practices. His communication is fantastic, I received a reply to every email I sent him within a day. He always seemed engaged, and invested in the project. Where unlike Kiesel, and it seems a lot of the other semi-custom guitar shops, will build whatever you spec out, Simon's builds are much more of a collaborative effort. He gave me a timeline for completing the guitar, and kept to it with delivery when it was quoted. His baseline price of 2k is almost absurdly low for the quality, and even sitting on the higher end of his builds, the pricing is super reasonable. I really respect his system of taking one year's worth of builds on at a time, unlike other shops that will take deposits with queues that stretch into multi year projects. I know we have been over it before, but it's really something to respect that he sits in the intersection of a great luthier and decent business person. I plan on buying another guitar from him, and can't think of any company I would put a recommendation behind as strongly as Padalka.

Also, look at that wiring job. Fantastic.

Last edited:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Awesome, man! Yea, if I didn't have far too many guitars at this point I'd be throwing money at Simon. Cool designs, perfect execution, kind of no-nonsense approach to the business side that I can get behind. I'd rather have someone a little more on the side of soup nazi than on the side of amateurish, which is basically all we get from startup guitar shops.

And yours is definitely in my top 5 of his builds so far. Crazy top he got for that one!