Padalka guitars

thinkpad20

plays guitar??
Reaction score
18518291_1495173113835416_803010960110260518_o.jpg

Beautiful :hbang:

I love how the grain on the upper horn fits so well into the carving. Also like how the arm bevel is just ever so slightly different between the two basses: handmade :)

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
The like button returns just in time ;-)

Are those brass frets or is my monitor playing tricks on me?

narad

Reaction score
Ah, I've had those before but they didn't look as classy. Probably because they were next to nickel guitar strings! They're very stiff - nice frets, I liked them.

asfeir

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The last 2 enneas are amazing! I hope someone orders an ennea SC guitar soon. Need to see how it looks before I order one

meta4

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
These are quite a bit brighter than the black tapewounds I've used in the past but less bright than the regular 'white' (stainless) ones - those sound harsh to my ear but might be better with a pick; the copper ones sound really good for finger style playing and dead notes sound great and really percussive. I've not tried the gold colored ones.

meta4

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thanks!
BTW having had the bass for almost a week and having played it a lot - I can't fault anything on it and love it more and more by the day (man, the neck feels fantastic). That said, I notice one construction difference between it and narad's - which, while slight, would be worth knowing about if considering ordering one: on mine, the - what's the word?.. - 'non-cutaway' meets the neck at the 12th fret where on narad's it looks like the 11th. As this slops forward, the strap button attaches more in line with the 14th fret on mine. There is no issue with neck dive but it makes the neck feel slightly shifted forward or longer than the typical Fender design. It's an easy adjustment but it is noticeable. If ordering another, I might ask for that one detail to be more like on narad's.

narad

Reaction score
Or perhaps the scale? -- mine is 34"

meta4

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I tend to think scale. I notice the same thing on the green 4 string as on narad's 5. Also on both of those the bridge is closer to the end of the body than on mine. Again, not an issue per se but just something to potentially be aware of for future orders.