Overloud TH3 - Best VST amp sim plugin for metal covers?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by alessandroarzilli, Jan 17, 2019.

1. alessandroarzilli

alessandroarzilli SS.org Regular

Hello everybody! I would like to share with you all my personal video review of the great TH3 by Overloud! I believe it's a great plugin full of very well balanced presets!

Please let me know in the comments what you think of it!

2. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

I'll watch your vid later but I love the TH3

alessandroarzilli likes this.
  3. trem licking

trem licking SS.org Regular

my favorite amp sim suite by a lot. interface and sounds are very, very good

4. BIGRIGG

BIGRIGG SS.org Regular

TH3 is VERY good. Huge variety and tweak ability is endless. You can run your own IR's as well. Top shelf plugin.

5. alessandroarzilli

To me it's *really* good. Perfect for most metalheads.

6. Catalyst Collide

Catalyst Collide SS.org Regular

It's a great amp sim, you get a lot for your money - especially if you get it when it's on sale. The Fortin stuff is really good as well, but for a little more money (for TH3) you get a lot more flexibility and options. For best sounding amp sims, it's definitely in the top 3. I'm constantly surprised that more people don't talk about it.

7. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

^I'm also interested in a comparison between both.

8. mikah912

mikah912 SS.org Regular

Y'all may wanna look up the "new features" for Overloud TH-U announced at NAMM.....

You'll know the one I'm talking about when you see it.

Catalyst Collide likes this.
  9. RiffRaff

RiffRaff SS.org Regular

I really do think Overloud TH3 is one of the most feature packed and best sounding Amp Sim packages on the market. I mean, these clips from Fortiori (Johnny) sound incredible and is what got me over the line with buying them. Love the tones.

trem licking likes this.
  10. Catalyst Collide

Holy crap, I totally missed this announcement. I'm assuming the feature you're alluding to is the brazen mimicking of the kemper interface heh. If that works the way I think it might AND a whole bunch of modeled amps become available for download / purchase... well that COULD be a game changer (assuming it sounds good).

11. Catalyst Collide

I've only used the Fortin NTS Suite for the free 7 day trial so my experience is relatively short, but it's good - really good. Sounds good, intuitive, easy to setup, plug in and you'll be ripping with a good tone in short order. Next time it's on sale, I will buy it because who doesn't love more plug ins.

That said, I always felt that I could get a similar tone and feel out of TH3. TH3 has a gajillion options, effects and tonal possibilities - that's not always a good thing - but once you've found your way, you're good to go and always have room to experiment. NTS is more straight forward and streamlined - you've got the amp and 3 pedals. That's not a bad thing either - cuts down on option overload. I already owned and was comfortable with TH3 when I tried NTS so I didn't feel like I needed to buy it right away. It's really good, but wasn't the same revelation as trying out TH3 for the first time - it's just met the same bar (from a quality and tone standpoint). For someone coming from something like Bias or GuitarRig (or who's only experience had been older sims) I could see how NTS would blow them away. It's really good, but so is TH3. If you want a straightforward amp sim without a ton of additional stuff, you can't go wrong. If you want more options, effects, amps, cabs, etc - go with TH3 (when it's on sale, it's only $40 more than NTS). Or buy both, can't go wrong with either.

trem licking and chopeth like this.
  12. alessandroarzilli

Can't wait to test the THU

13. Catalyst Collide

Some additional info from the comments on a post on the Overloud FB page

Will it do the kemper thing?
    Overloud:
    The Rig-to-Model technology is not a fully-automatic process like the Kemper one. R2M captures the response of a rig from a set of measurements. These data allows our engineers to create a more realistic model and put it into a file that can be loaded by TH-U. However, the model is not created automatically by TH-U: the model creation is done in house.

Will it ever be possible for the user to profile rigs?
    Overloud:
    No, TH-U is not a profiler. However we are planning a submission service to transform existing profiles into TH-U playable rigs.

I'm not clear what they mean by submission service - does that mean you can send them existing Kemper profiles and they will convert them into TH-U profiles?

They also posted a new demo video today on youtube

YouTube

trem licking likes this.