Our Oceans (members of Exivious, ex-Cynic)

Tymon

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey guys, just thought I'd post this here!

Our Oceans is basically a singer/songwriter version of Exivious. A lot of the same ideas at heart, but just worked out in a different way. The lineup is also the same, except that I'm also doing vocals and we have a different drummer with Our Oceans.

No fancy, fusiony shred solos here, plenty of feels in its place though ;)

For the guitar nerds: everything is Axe-FX II and most of the guitars are Fender Teles.

Hope some of you guys dig!

Cnev

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Brilliant song and an absolutely beautiful ending. Can't wait to hear more.

isomorphic

Banned
Reaction score
Pretty good. One of the few bands to show a non-metal gf. Regardless of how much of an ass he is, I do prefer Masvidal's vocals though.

Unburdened

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey Tymon! I absolutely love it, just like I love everything I've ever heard from Exivious! :lol: Where can we get the Our Oceans tunes? This stuff definitely fills a hole that is open in modern music.

Tymon

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey Tymon! I absolutely love it, just like I love everything I've ever heard from Exivious! :lol: Where can we get the Our Oceans tunes? This stuff definitely fills a hole that is open in modern music.

Thanks man, appreciate it! For now, you can only pre-order the CD at www.ouroceans.net. But if you want it digitally, then you can get it at all the usual online music stores when it comes out November 15th.

cip 123

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I love this project Tymon!

You inspired me to write more than I usually do and start singing just from hearing the previews it's awesome :)

Spectivum

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Instant like, normally need to listen to stuff 3 times to decide ...

Tymon

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Here's a little video I recorded of me performing one of our songs, just using the guitar and my singing.

Gear used: Fender American Special (refinished myself) > Fractal Audio Axe-FX II XL > Strymon El Capistan. And the vocal mic is a Shure SM7b as you can see :)