Orange PPC 412 vs Mesa Oversized 412 vs Bogner Uberkab 412

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by andwhatnot, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler thrashin`til`death

OK, I have all of those cabs in the jam space.

Uberkab: cuts amazing, tons of low end, yet tight
    PPC HP8: cuts well, very tight (slightly quieter than Uber)
    PPC v30: tighter than mesa/more directional
    mesa v30: huge sounding, can get a little boomy under low tunings, heaviest of all

if money is no issue than uber>orange>mesa. if money is an issue, than the other way round.

I run the Uber/HP8 full-stack and love the shit out of that combo.

Uber/Orange don't have wheels, hence better connection to the floor and resonance/bass response. If gigging lots, just add wheels to the side of the cab.

2. 7 Dying Trees

7 Dying Trees Forum MVP

7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
    For downtuned stuff I'd avoid the oversized mesa cab, and go with the standard (stilletto) which is what I did as I didn't want anything getting muddy. Oversized is awesome if you are playing in standard tuning, or say a step lower, after that the "extra" bass becomes a bit of a nemesis in a 2 guitar band. You may be able to get away with it in a single guitar band though.

I also had a PPC412 stack, and that was glorious. Basically the orange cabs have such an awesome midrange I kind of prefer them a little to the mesas if I am honest.

No opinions on the ubercab, never played one.

3. Seanthesheep

Seanthesheep SS.org Regular

Im gonna reccomend something ported with EVM12Ls.

Ive been using my thiele 112 with the EV and its soo clear and massive sounding. Handles 7 strings and down tuning no problem, and I can turn the pre gain on my peavey 6534+ up to 7-9 range and still have useable gain and clarity. Oh and it sounds ****ing huge too! :D