Options for passive H/S/S, 26.5 scale and trem

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Indigenous, Nov 21, 2020 at 4:15 PM.

1. Indigenous

Indigenous Indigenous

Starting to look for another 7 string and would like passive H/s/s pickups, 26.5 or 27 scale, and preferably a locking trem, but I haven't been able to find anything production so far that fits. Prefer to stay under 2k for right now.

The Schecter Sun Valley series is close, but has active pickups and I'm not sure on the quality of their Indo stuff.

I don't think Kiesel will do a Floyd with 7 strings, and they're pretty low on my list of builders I want to give my money. I could go with their hipshot if I wanted to compromise I suppose.

Balaguer seems to be the only option I've found, but it's always tough buying a brand without being able to at least try them out. It'd run me around 2k to get what I want, but it seems like they are great to work with.

Anything I might be missing?

2. TheInvisibleHand

TheInvisibleHand SS.org Regular

3. Indigenous

Indigenous Indigenous

I was checking them out earlier today - would have been an instant buy if not for the scale length.

4. stretcher7

stretcher7 SS.org Regular

Off the top of my noggin I can't recal ever seeing anything production like that. HSS are really, really rare in production 7's. Keep us posted!