OMG ALERT! (VH140 CONTENT!!!!)

Mathemagician

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ok I’m seeing a 2 channel rackmount 200 watt amp with what looks like a craftsman chassis/box. Ok ok, you death metal guys have some stuff brewin’ I see you.

Gmork

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Maybe I’m a hermit, but I’ve never even heard of SNK pedals. That said, this is cool, and I’m glad you discovered this!
S&k (now known as SNK) makes the VHD preamp pedal which is the lead channel of the vh140.
I got a vhd like 5/6 years ago and had my actual vh140 at the time and did an A/B comparison video with the vhd in the ampegs fx return.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Rad, but seems like a missed opportunity to do a higher wattage version. That's one thing Hillbish really got right with their beta clones.

Gudbrand

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I wonder if they’d do a rack preamp. It would be nice to be able to scale the power to your needs. I bet it would kick ass with a good tube power amp.

Though I do like that it has resonance and presence controls.

NotAHoarder

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Use the "line out", should be able to utilize an external power amp with it

Spinedriver

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
S&k (now known as SNK) makes the VHD preamp pedal which is the lead channel of the vh140.
I got a vhd like 5/6 years ago and had my actual vh140 at the time and did an A/B comparison video with the vhd in the ampegs fx return.

I don't really know much about the ins & outs of naming companies, applicable trademarks, etc.. but there already is a pretty famous company called "SNK" that makes video games, so he might wanna look into keeping the "S&K" name just to avoid possible litigation at some future point.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Like maybe… 140 watt’s perhaps?

Usually SS amps half. So, 200w at 4 ohm, 100w at 8 ohm, 50w at 16 ohms.

Yeah. Shask is right. Although some SS amps can output the same power between different ohm cabinets. Like the Peavey XXL and the Line 6 Vetta II. Even the Bluguitar Amp1 can do the same 100w either on 8 or 16 ohms.

Gudbrand

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah. Shask is right. Although some SS amps can output the same power between different ohm cabinets. Like the Peavey XXL and the Line 6 Vetta II. Even the Bluguitar Amp1 can do the same 100w either on 8 or 16 ohms.

The XXL, like a few other solid state a Peavey amps, can do that because it has an output transformer. It’s supposed to make the speaker react more like it would in a tube amp, too.