Omega amps

Xk6m6m5X

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
With the KR7 and Rivera, essentially Mick's endorsement was not selling amps since they were not touring for several years. I asked what was happening with the new KR7 revision that Mick mentioned a few years ago and that was the reasoning I was given as to why it never came out.

I mean, im a poor bastard so if its more that $5-600 range im not buying. I dont play in a band anymore but id still like a killer tone but i jusy dont have the cash so some of these amps are WAY out of my price range

D-EJ915

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I mean, im a poor bastard so if its more that $5-600 range im not buying. I dont play in a band anymore but id still like a killer tone but i jusy dont have the cash so some of these amps are WAY out of my price range
Yeah that is the other problem which is $3k is a lot of money for most fans that would want to get it lol. This is why Eddie's amps have always been nice, the 5150 and 5150 50W were both under $1k new.

Krazy Kalle

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah that is the other problem which is $3k is a lot of money for most fans that would want to get it lol. This is why Eddie's amps have always been nice, the 5150 and 5150 50W were both under $1k new.

Also a good thing that some amps come as miniheads now. Would love to get an invective, but way too expensive for me, but the MH might be coming soon to my room.

But looks like the Omega amps are more in the Rivera range...

Wizard of Ozz

Arch-Mage of Metal
Reaction score
IIRC Kyle helped with the design and they are outsourced to KSR from the last thing I heard. Not sure if this is still the case since Kyle has been tied up with the new pedal line.

I remember reading this somewhere. I was interested in the Obsidian... but the builder is on tour with SlipKnot now as Mick's tech... and if they sound more KSR-ish... might not be my thing. I had a KSR Gemini and it was a cool amp, just not exactly a keeper for me.

KnightBrolaire

OnlyPointies™
Reaction score
I remember reading this somewhere. I was interested in the Obsidian... but the builder is on tour with SlipKnot now as Mick's tech... and if they sound more KSR-ish... might not be my thing. I had a KSR Gemini and it was a cool amp, just not exactly a keeper for me.
From everything I've heard of the amps (demos/the new VST/hearing Slipknot use em live) you'd probably dig them. Think Mark III but with midrange grind/growl. Or like a Rivera KTRE but nowhere near as flubby.

Wizard of Ozz

Arch-Mage of Metal
Reaction score
From everything I've heard of the amps (demos/the new VST/hearing Slipknot use em live) you'd probably dig them. Think Mark III but with midrange grind/growl. Or like a Rivera KTRE but nowhere near as flubby.

Yeah... I liked the clips I've heard so far. But you know clips vs in-person. Hmmm. I hope to go see Slipknot on tour soon... so maybe that will help me decide.

:deathm:

bmth4111

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How does the real amp compare to the neural dsp plugin?

Spinedriver

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
People change endorsements for money.

Not to derail the topic but in the most recent Coffee with Ola, Dino Cazares talked about how he switched to Ormsby because Ibanez was getting caught up in all of the legal troubles between the (ex and current) bandmates and they kind of just bowed out.
He didn't leave because he wasn't satisfied or was offered more money, legal issues just made it impossible to stay with them.

123erinnc

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How would you describe it? Kinda getting interested in these and there's not a great deal of info out there
It was custom built for a friend and she no longer uses it because she doesn’t play in her band anymore.
I was comparing this to the Diezel D-mol (which I almost pulled the trigger on). I felt like this amp sounded much better than the Diezel as I was playing them side by side.
The clean channel sounds beautiful. But what I really liked about it was the high gain channel. At low volume levels and all the way cranked up it held its composure. The distortion just sounds tight and organized I guess for lack of better words. If you enjoy playing metal I would highly recommend.

bmth4111

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I feel guilty looking at these pics at work because of how sexy that rig is woahhhhh.

The only real tube amp I'm struggling to recall not buy.

What's the cab like. How does it compare to other big brands? Also what speakers?

123erinnc

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I feel guilty looking at these pics at work because of how sexy that rig is woahhhhh.

What's the cab like. How does it compare to other big brands? Also what speakers?
The cab sounds great to me

The cab sounds great, and it’s my first 4x12 cab so comparing it to others I’m not quite sure, but it sounds great at low volume and when cranked up it’s super loud and doesn’t lose the quality of sound.

I need to see what speakers are in it, but I do know that the original owner paid extra for upgraded speakers when she had it built.

lewis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Shame to hear of some customer service issues from some?

Mike seems awesome on social media. Sad some issues there need to be ironed out.

In general though there is no doubting these amps. They look and more importantly sound, unreal.