Old guitar day

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by Schectersilence, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Schectersilence

Schectersilence SS.org Regular

Okay, so I love NGDs here so much. They are beautiful and wonderful, and I always get a sense of the excitement from the new guitar. However, I had the idea that I wanted on old guitar day - a review for other people about guitars/companies about what we do with our guitars and what we think about them after the initial NGD wears off completely. It can act as a repository of guitars, listing what's good and what's bad, after owning them for a while. Pictures of the current state of the guitar are definitely wanted, to indicate how they take wear and abuse, and document changes made in the guitars. I'd also love videos or songs with the guitars to show them off.

I don't want people to comment about each others stuff, otherwise it would become an impossible thread. We can always PM each other with any questions. Just a list of old guitars that people love/hate and reasons for it. I'd also like it if we could keep the number of repeats to a minimum unless people have unique opinions about their guitar.

I don't know how interested other people are in this, but I'm keen! Ill kick the thread off, but don't have pictures to hand.

Guitar: Ibanez RG2228
    Changes: none, totally stock
    Damage: few bangs, and pots are wobbly, other than that it's in great condition.

Thoughts: amazing. I loved this the first time I played it and I still love it. It slays other 8 strings I've played in every way, apart from mega customs (which I wouldn't expect it to compete with). It gets super detuned, and it holds up well. The general wear is very good (especially compared to my other much lower end guitars). It is a truly magnificent guitar.

Problems: none really. Just needs a bit of a look over by a guitar tech which it's due for soon, but it has kept it's condition remarkably well.

2. LocoGringo

LocoGringo Member

Love the whole idea of this thread. I need to get some pics together and post some of mine.

3. asopala

asopala SS.org Regular

Same here. I love the idea, cause these days everyone wants a new guitar, but older ones have more personal value.

4. ben_hurt

ben_hurt SS.org Regular

I don't think I've bought a brand new guitar in a few years, so I'm all in on this :) I've always posted NGD's with "new to me" in mind, but I'm down with OGD's

5. Alex Kenivel

Alex Kenivel Stunt Guitar

You down with OGD?

yeah... you know me

6. BrailleDecibel

BrailleDecibel Dinkleberg

Who down with OGD? Every last homie! Or at least this one...here is my Fender Blacktop Baritone Telecaster, purchased in 2012, and still loved to this day! It has a couple of tiny dents in the finish that would be pretty much impossible to photograph, but other than that, it's still in great condition, and can get both brutal distortion sounds and warm, shimmering clean tone with the pickups it has. Probably gonna be putting a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker in the bridge soon, and when I do, I will take some new pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]