Ok, so one of my montors just failed... (Behringer Truth B2031A)

Seedawakener

ouh...
Reaction score
I should start by saying that I haven't used them in a week or so and they've been plugged into an ungrounded powersource to prevent background noises when playing...

Anyway, the tweeter of my left one just doesn't have any output. The right monitor works fine, but the left one is just producing bass through the bigger speaker. I've tried playing with all the switches on the back and using different cables but nothing seems to work. What can I do to fix this? There's no warranty on these anymore either. Please help me out!

Seedawakener

ouh...
Reaction score
I've had no trouble with these for a few years now. And I've heard nothing but good reviews of them, even though their behringers they seem to be pretty sturdy. I might be wrong, though. I need to get it fixed ASAP in any case.

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
I've had no trouble with these for a few years now. And I've heard nothing but good reviews of them, even though their behringers they seem to be pretty sturdy. I might be wrong, though. I need to get it fixed ASAP in any case.

hmm in my experience, a behringer will NEVER work once something goes wrong. but if its a high up range model monitor it might be fixable. if its just teh tweeter it could be something small and simple.
all i can suggest is take it to a audio tech place and ask them to look at it. and start saving your pennies for a replacment just incase

rob_l

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have a pair 3031as running right alongside Genelecs with a sub and they work really well. I've never had a problem with them, and once the room was ARC'ed they sounded GREAT! Just saying that, tho the bulk of behringer gear is questionable at best - They do have two great products in the TRUTH monitors and the 24ch meter-bridged Eurodesk. :)

Wish I could help ya out tho bro - But speaker wiring is not my thing.. lol

EdgeC

Songs in C#
Reaction score
I would open them up and check for any loose or disconnected wires and re-solder.

In my experience only a lack of signal would prevent the tweeter working. If was damaged it would still produce sound but all fuzzy.

Maybe connect the broken one to the output the working one is pluggged into just to make sure it is definatley the speaker and not the cables, plugs etc. Then open it up and have a look.

An I know Behringer have a bad reputation but I have a few bits and peices from Behringer and have never had any problems.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly, just buy some new monitors. If you can't fix these by yourself, any money spent on getting it repaired wont be worth it at all.
The B2031As were never that good in the first place and sound quite muddy. I have the smaller B2030As and I can honestly say these are better despite being cheaper and smaller. A poorly designed cone can sound worse the bigger it gets, it just produces hyped low end, hence why a lot of people prefer the smaller 2030As.

As mentioned above KRK Rokits are good budget monitors. Yamaha make some good budget near fields as well.

Seedawakener

ouh...
Reaction score
Thank you for your opinions and tips! Very appreciated!

I must say that I've been happy with the way they sounded, though. No muddiness whatsoever. This problem could've happened because of a power surge since it was plugged in ungrounded while I was away. I'm gonna open up the back and see. I don't why a cable would be disconnected, though.