OGD: LTD BUZ-7

zenonshandro

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
View attachment 78654
The dots on the binding on the actual side look like plain old white plastic.

The fretboard Inlays look like MoP.

Thanks for the up close picture! Yeah the difference is pretty noticeable. Side-dots (pardon my misspeaking before) look plastic, Offset Inlay dots definitely look like MOP.

It's a beautiful guitar, dude!

Cromatic

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Beautiful guitar! I'm seriously torn between this and an Ibanez rg752. Odd jack placement though. They seem to have somewhat similar necks. Do you know how the neck profile compares to the modern Wizard 7?

bloodocean

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Beautiful guitar! I'm seriously torn between this and an Ibanez rg752. Odd jack placement though. They seem to have somewhat similar necks. Do you know how the neck profile compares to the modern Wizard 7?
I’ve never felt a modern Wizard 7. I have a 90’s era RG7620 with a 1 piece maple neck and the LTD is significantly thinner & flatter than that one.

Raven17

Joey Tatts
Reaction score
Do you have any tuning stability issues with a floating 7-string bridge? Also the shorter scale length, does that create problems with down/drop tunings? I’m torn between the Buz7 and the M1007 QM. Which are very similar…

bloodocean

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Do you have any tuning stability issues with a floating 7-string bridge? Also the shorter scale length, does that create problems with down/drop tunings? I’m torn between the Buz7 and the M1007 QM. Which are very similar…
No issues. I don’t run really thick strings, but I had it tuned at G# standard with 11-64 for a bit. That was a bit too dark sounding for my tastes but it stayed in tune fine.

I’m at A# standard now with super low action and 9-52 and it’s nice, bright and slinky the way I like it.

Raven17

Joey Tatts
Reaction score
No issues. I don’t run really thick strings, but I had it tuned at G# standard with 11-64 for a bit. That was a bit too dark sounding for my tastes but it stayed in tune fine.

I’m at A# standard now with super low action and 9-52 and it’s nice, bright and slinky the way I like it.
Great info, thanks!