Official Daemoness Guitars Thread

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
One thing I've learned is that there's a temptation not to update customers if it's redundant to your previous updates but, in the absence of legitimate progress, you should do it anyway.

spudmunkey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
One thing I've learned is that there's a temptation not to update customers if it's redundant to your previous updates but, in the absence of legitimate progress, you should do it anyway.
This. Just knowing I was still on the radar would be comforting, even if there's no status change.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Especially when you blow deadlines. :agreed:

Sir_Shreddington

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Wow, this is disheartening to see. I always hoped that there was a bright future for Daemoness. It's sad to see it fall the way of so many other builders.

I had a cimmerian that I received in 2018 after waiting about 4 years for. I ended up selling it a couple years ago to get an Ibby Universe. I think the guitar changed hands after I sold it, so I thought I would search the forums to see if I could find an NGD post for it and reminisce.

It was a beautiful guitar and really well built, but there was one thing that I thought was odd; the bridge was some mm of off center. It was ever so slightly crooked. My friend who also builds guitars says that he's seen it before and it's a technique used to compensate for the strings on the neck so they don't get pulled off the fretboard while you are playing. I honestly thought it was a dimension error. It was a neck through guitar if that means anything to anyone.

Ultimately the reason why I sold it was because of what I perceived as an error. That and I wanted an Ibanez with a floyd, and those Fujigen guitars are just phenomenal.

ECGuitars

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Wow, this is disheartening to see. I always hoped that there was a bright future for Daemoness. It's sad to see it fall the way of so many other builders.

I had a cimmerian that I received in 2018 after waiting about 4 years for. I ended up selling it a couple years ago to get an Ibby Universe. I think the guitar changed hands after I sold it, so I thought I would search the forums to see if I could find an NGD post for it and reminisce.

It was a beautiful guitar and really well built, but there was one thing that I thought was odd; the bridge was some mm of off center. It was ever so slightly crooked. My friend who also builds guitars says that he's seen it before and it's a technique used to compensate for the strings on the neck so they don't get pulled off the fretboard while you are playing. I honestly thought it was a dimension error. It was a neck through guitar if that means anything to anyone.

Ultimately the reason why I sold it was because of what I perceived as an error. That and I wanted an Ibanez with a floyd, and those Fujigen guitars are just phenomenal.
That’s 100% an error, the bridge should always be completely parallel with the frets or when you adjust intonation it’s going to be pulling it at an angle. Anyone who says otherwise either A) doesn’t know what they’re talking about or B) trying to cover the mistake they made lol

Mechanos71

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

The quality was my biggest problem with Daemoness. Like the joke in Engineering is Good, Fast, Cheap, pick two. I feel like with Daemoness you get slow (you wait like 4 years), expensive (you pay like 4k pounds), mid (you get a guitar with mistakes you wouldn’t see in a production guitar that costs half as much). Definitely you can’t believe everything you read on the internet and I feel bad everyone who got burned by this hype train.

Samark

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The quality was my biggest problem with Daemoness. Like the joke in Engineering is Good, Fast, Cheap, pick two. I feel like with Daemoness you get slow (you wait like 4 years), expensive (you pay like 4k pounds), mid (you get a guitar with mistakes you wouldn’t see in a production guitar that costs half as much). Definitely you can’t believe everything you read on the internet and I feel bad everyone who got burned by this hype train.
I always liked your one - were there issues with it?

Sir_Shreddington

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That’s 100% an error, the bridge should always be completely parallel with the frets or when you adjust intonation it’s going to be pulling it at an angle. Anyone who says otherwise either A) doesn’t know what they’re talking about or B) trying to cover the mistake they made lol
Yeah dude, and I always had problems with intonating the low B! No joke.

I told my luthier buddy that he was probably just trying to run cover. He smirked at me and was like "I would never sell a guitar with that issue"

Sir_Shreddington

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That's ultimately the conclusion that I came to as well.

Mechanos71

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I always liked your one - were there issues with it?
Nothing crazy, there were some finish issues that I felt shouldn’t have left the shop. Most notably a really weird paint drip. To be fair from what I have seen I think I got off super light I have a fully functional guitar. I do think I could have acquired a better built guitar, for less money and a shorter time frame going the production route. The custom aspect is cool, but for me personally only goes so far.

Other guitars I saw were a bit more imperfect and at the price point, the guitars should be stellar and the art icing. I kind of feel Daemoness is the reverse.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Nothing crazy, there were some finish issues that I felt shouldn’t have left the shop. Most notably a really weird paint drip. To be fair from what I have seen I think I got off super light I have a fully functional guitar. I do think I could have acquired a better built guitar, for less money and a shorter time frame going the production route. The custom aspect is cool, but for me personally only goes so far.

Other guitars I saw were a bit more imperfect and at the price point, the guitars should be stellar and the art icing. I kind of feel Daemoness is the reverse.
I had similar issues. I never wanted to mention anything in public because after waiting over 5 (or was it more?) years and being asked to pay more than a grand more than the originally quoted amount I just could not be fucked to deal with it, did not take it up with Dylan and let it go. I wanted to be fair and not publicly mention anything since I didn't give him the chance to fix it.
Now Deamoness appears dead, maybe I can voice my thoughts.
I ordered a 7 string V, basically a modern gibson V with an evertune. To be fair, I did change my mind on the finish during the half decade it took, and backed out on an inlay we had briefly talked about. All in all though, the guitar was pretty similar to what I had ordered originally
There are issues with the screw holes for the pickups, the move all the time. The area where the neck meets the body looks like a shit attempt at caulking a shower. Frets are not very even and there are bumps in the finish and the body binding looks like it's been touched by dirty hands and then had finish applied - whatever it is, it has dirty marks all over the binding.
I was very disappointed with a lot of the broken promises, like video calls regarding wood choices etc. There are also issues with the evertune bridge, but that's not something they are at fault for.
HOWEVER, the guitar sounds and plays really really well.
I am sad it didn't work out for them, the talent was obviously there but I think the business acumen was not and there were some unfortunate occurrences for their shop and the death of their finish guy.

MBri8

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've been lurking this thread for a couple years. I was really hoping that it would work out for everyone in the queue, and that he'd start making runs of non custom guitars. But it would seem that he is done for now.

I've not seen any updates on the guitar he was building for the Vitriol guitarist Kyle. Who has coincidentally stopped tagging Demoness in his Instagram posts and he used to do that religiously.

Feel for guy who bought a spot from a UK Youtuber last year for nearly finished guitar. Not that it's my business but I hope he got a picture better than this before handed over the cash. At the time I was like is that a photoshop😂

I hope his business can be resurrected. Talented guy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230106-131923.png
    Screenshot_20230106-131923.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 62

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I had similar issues. I never wanted to mention anything in public because after waiting over 5 (or was it more?) years and being asked to pay more than a grand more than the originally quoted amount I just could not be fucked to deal with it, did not take it up with Dylan and let it go. I wanted to be fair and not publicly mention anything since I didn't give him the chance to fix it.
I ordered a 7 string V, basically a modern gibson V with an evertune. To be fair, I did change my mind on the finish during the half decade it took, and backed out on an inlay we had briefly talked about. All in all though, the guitar was pretty similar to what I had ordered originally
There are issues with the screw holes for the pickups, the move all the time. The area where the neck meets the body looks like a shit attempt at caulking a shower. Frets are not very even and there are bumps in the finish and the body binding looks like it's been touched by dirty hands and then had finish applied - whatever it is, it has dirty marks all over the binding.
I was very disappointed with a lot of the broken promises, like video calls regarding wood choices etc. There are also issues with the evertune bridge, but that's not something they are at fault for.
I am sad it didn't work out for them, the talent was obviously there but I think the business acumen was not and there were some unfortunate occurrences for their shop and the death of their finish guy.

Have we seen that one? When did you get it?

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Have we seen that one? When did you get it?
I got it a little over 2 years ago, been gigging with it too. Just needs the pickups and evertune adjusting a lot. And you don't have to ask me twice for photos :D
20190928_145218.jpg

Attachments

• 20190917_152042.jpg
    20190917_152042.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20190903-202206_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190903-202206_Instagram.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 39

Samark

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I got it a little over 2 years ago, been gigging with it too. Just needs the pickups and evertune adjusting a lot. And you don't have to ask me twice for photos :D
View attachment 119379
Sorry to hear about the issues, but that is just spectacular! Always loved the way he did those V’s. Awesome stuff mate

possumkiller

Square Dance Caller
Reaction score
I've owned a custom shop Esp and played a few others. I've played custom shop Jacksons. I've owned and played custom shop Fenders. I've played custom shop Gibsons. For some reason, any other custom or handmade I've played from a smaller builder has these kind of flaws. They always have a finish and feel of a handmade but on a lower skill level. Like even standard factory guitars like Ibanez, LTD or Squier felt more precise in construction.

After so many people hyping up small builders as doing flawless and perfect work only to come out of the woodwork to criticize build quality after the builder has went under makes me extremely skeptical of anyone singing high praise of some obscure small builders.

I spent $3600 on a BRJ and preferred my RG1570 in every aspect.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
I've owned a custom shop Esp and played a few others. I've played custom shop Jacksons. I've owned and played custom shop Fenders. I've played custom shop Gibsons. For some reason, any other custom or handmade I've played from a smaller builder has these kind of flaws. They always have a finish and feel of a handmade but on a lower skill level. Like even standard factory guitars like Ibanez, LTD or Squier felt more precise in construction.

After so many people hyping up small builders as doing flawless and perfect work only to come out of the woodwork to criticize build quality after the builder has went under makes me extremely skeptical of anyone singing high praise of some obscure small builders.

I spent $3600 on a BRJ and preferred my RG1570 in every aspect.
Funny you say that, but after spending loads on various customs I still end up using a solid ibanez every time.
I am impressed with Jackson and Fender as of late, never played a good esp

Latest posts