Official Daemoness Guitars Thread

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
By now I have sold all my custom guitars and stick with ESP, ibanez, Aristides, etc. Couldnt be happier...
Yeah, IMO a custom only makes sense if you can’t get the same thing in a production guitar. When people have Dylan (or anyone) build a black 6 or 7 string with no graphics and nothing unusual, wood-wise, I always wonder what the specific motivation was. It just seems like all risk with no reward.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Yeah, IMO a custom only makes sense if you can’t get the same thing in a production guitar. When people have Dylan (or anyone) build a black 6 or 7 string with no graphics and nothing unusual, wood-wise, I always wonder what the specific motivation was. It just seems like all risk with no reward.

Meanwhile all black CS Jackson Warriors going for $5k+. Not sure I see a whole lot of difference.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Back when I ordered I wanted a high quality fixed bridge 7 that had a thin satin neck and passive pickups. The extended range market was grim back then.

Nowadays there is little reason with how many options there are from big names companies. A custom guitar is a luxury item and we are spoilt by how cheap they are compared to other instruments and how much they hold their value.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score

I’m ordering an all black Ironbird. Sure it’s going to have an inlay, but I wanted a Daemoness and I wanted an ironbird. I just put the two together.

narad

Reaction score
I’m ordering an all black Ironbird. Sure it’s going to have an inlay, but I wanted a Daemoness and I wanted an ironbird. I just put the two together.

And yours is one I'm most looking forward to. It's super hard to get ironbirds these days actually, so using a custom slot to get a nice one seems reasonable to me.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Meanwhile all black CS Jackson Warriors going for $5k+. Not sure I see a whole lot of difference.

USA Jackson prices are outragedly stupid nowadays and should be out of any sane comparison :lol:

Bet you can't wait! Do you have any pics? even progress ones.

I bet he can. In fact he's been waiting for 6 years already :lol:

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Bet you can't wait! Do you have any pics? even progress ones.
Yes, I’ve received pics of the build progress. Last I heard it was headed to the lacquerer’s. I thought I had posted them, but I shall do so here again.

D0767-D05-B594-4-E0-D-A970-BDF93808-C1-E2.jpg
[/url]

mehegama

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yes, I’ve received pics of the build progress. Last I heard it was headed to the lacquerer’s. I thought I had posted them, but I shall do so here again.

D0767-D05-B594-4-E0-D-A970-BDF93808-C1-E2.jpg
[/url]
NIce! will you go crazy on the inlays-paint department?

narad

Reaction score
I'm liking the twisted contour where the neck meets the lower bout or whatever. My crackle ESP star is like that - looks the same from the front, but more room for your hand.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
great looking axe!

maybe i missed it, but were you given a time frame on when it would be finished?

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
I'm liking the twisted contour where the neck meets the lower bout or whatever. My crackle ESP star is like that - looks the same from the front, but more room for your hand.
Yeah, it’s a new design thing he’s trying. I spend most of my time on the 18-24th frets so that’s a blessing.
great looking axe!

maybe i missed it, but were you given a time frame on when it would be finished?
I was originally quoted 28 months loosely.
I couldn’t imagine waiting that long lol. My taste in guitars has changed 10 times since 2016
Gladly, I’m still the primitive war metal fan I always have been. This guitar covers all my bases, or should I say… base.😂