Official Daemoness Guitars Thread

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
Again, I don't know why one wouldn't just say it, rather than someone else fall victim to it for failure to google "london based tele builder scam".

I effectively did to be fair :lol:

I managed to get a number for Sam and what appears to be his current occupation - East London Guitar Repair -

As I said, I not found anything dubious other than my own experience (although the books opened for 5 guitars and I haven't seen any) so I didn't want to post until I knew more.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Reaction score
I'm not sure it will be of any use. Each entry in the thread reads as:

- Crackhead son of famous builder took my deposit on a special (American) holiday run

- Eastern block luthier who built a guitar in a week but hasn't built mine in 5 years

- Canadian scientist who made a 10 year anniversary run after building 2 guitars took my money

- Tosin Abasi
- Small manufacturer built a guitar using a string-thru bridge without actually drilling out string holes, actually sent it to the customer.

- American luthier stiffed a customer on multiple orders and recruits an entire other guitar forum to act as his cheerleaders, until he manages to stiff them too.

- Wormholes.

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
- Small manufacturer built a guitar using a string-thru bridge without actually drilling out string holes, actually sent it to the customer.

- American luthier stiffed a customer on multiple orders and recruits an entire other guitar forum to act as his cheerleaders, until he manages to stiff them too.

- Wormholes.
Are all of these Jackson?

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Aw man, I want to watch a company collapse in real time, but I don't want to do it in a facebook group. Can we spectate somewhere else?

IwantTacos

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Aw man, I want to watch a company collapse in real time, but I don't want to do it in a facebook group. Can we spectate somewhere else?
This post has it all
2 fully funded indie gogo runs
0 completed guitars.
Financial what the fuckery.
Parts substitution.
Making other guitars to try and fund run guitars.
No seriously where is the money.

4763D130-B9DC-411A-944F-CE9C3EAE5038.png

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
This post has it all
0 completed guitars.
Parts substitution.

View attachment 109534

What's the other side?
At any rate, I always have fun when I enter a contractual agreement and then am told there's going to need to be ...compromises.

JimF

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
With this many builder issues it really makes you scared to place an order with anyone! Let alone someone new.
I think the "custom guitar" option for me in the future will be refinishing used instruments.
The though of several thousand pounds/dollars/euros just disappearing gives me the fear.

FormerlyVintage

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This post has it all
0 completed guitars.
Parts substitution.
This is the company Manuel Gardner Fernandes endorsed before Ibanez, right? Did they ever have a good reputation?

Heroooh

Deer Napkin
Reaction score
This is the company Manuel Gardner Fernandes endorsed before Ibanez, right? Did they ever have a good reputation?
My friend owns one, and its a great guitar. Its from their early days when they were trying to make their name.

Two other builders I'd be comfortable with are Teuffel and Scott Walker. Expensive for sure, but little risk of not receiving a guitar even if the process is long.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
This post has it all

bill-hader-snl-host.jpg

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
This post has it all
0 completed guitars.
Parts substitution.

View attachment 109534
Can someone explain what the lawyers he's referring to are doing? Like, who is he suing, and why? (I tried to join the FB group, but it's been "pending" for a week.)