Official Daemoness Guitars Thread

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by Joe Harvatt, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Randy

Randy ✝✝✝ Super Moderator

Wait until you see the forklift operator Daemoness.

StevenC, possumkiller and Millul like this.
  2. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire pointy purveyor

If there isn't an homage to Klaus then they're a poser

3. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

Ha! That's awesome...and I thought "Shake Hands With Danger" was amusing...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    KnightBrolaire likes this.
  4. AboutBlank

AboutBlank SS.org Regular

Wait, what?

The video is shown by absolutely every company to every employee who could theoretically drop something on their foot.
    I really didn't think it would be known outside Germany.

Funnily enough, this film, as a parody, has replaced the original from the 80s.

5. IbanezDaemon

IbanezDaemon Raptus regaliter

Finally got my Limited Edition Print Framed. First part of the 'Covidian Pestilence' run of 3 paintings. This one is 'Covidian Pestilence: Wage of Conceit'. Really amazing artwork, pics don't do it justice at all. Now I need to work out a place to hang this. Mrs IDaemon was like 'There's no F**cking Way You Are Putting that up in the lounge'....:lol: (She does think it's a great piece of work though). P1010019 (2).JPG
    P1010023 (2).JPG
    P1010044 (2).JPG

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  6. Pat

Pat SS.org Regular

His artwork really is outstanding

possumkiller likes this.
  7. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

Yeah that painting is awesome. He is wasting his time building guitars. Other people should build the guitars and he should be doing the art full time.

mehegama likes this.
  8. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

Wait until you see the divorce attorney Daemoness. Epic renaissance last supper style scene of people arguing and signing documents at the table.

9. Pat

Pat SS.org Regular

I agree - he could still design the specs etc but outsource the building, so he'd still have control over the designs. Then he could focus solely on artwork.

10. jwade

jwade Doooooooooom

I thought he seemed to enjoy the neck carving aspect a lot. Maybe he could farm out the basic construction aspects, free up a lot of time for the more fun bits.

11. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Anyone who has been following this saga should know that problems really started specifically because of outsourcing work.

If you follow the process from previous builds, it's not the actual guitar building that's creating the bottleneck.

The best thing Dylan can do is what he already has: stop taking orders till your caught up and more move to an in-stock/on-hand model.

12. mehegama

mehegama SS.org Regular

And maybe focus more on guitar building rather than random jams, doing paintings, posting sheets of philosophical stuff or fighting with randos in the internet about death metal by the hours.

Flappydoodle likes this.
  13. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

Yea. Doesn't he know that once we send him 800GBP for a deposit, that we own him? And then he goes and does like normal every day shit in the meantime? Fuck that.

14. mehegama

mehegama SS.org Regular

Given his backlog i think, yep he needs to be more focused if he needs to clear that any time soon.

Flappydoodle likes this.
  15. MaxOfMetal

Nothing indicated in this thread or elsewhere gives me the impression that he's not devoting enough time to luthiery.

He's not painting your house, he's making art, and you can't rush that stuff if you want it to be at peak quality.

Again, the issue is a huge backlog made worse by unforeseen complications (apprentice quit, business associate fell out, painting contractor passed, etc.).

Could he have locked himself in his shop and devoted 100% time to working? Sure. Though that can lead to burnout, and as someone who works around tools and equipment, it can easily lead to injury. Running himself into the ground wasn't going to magically make your guitar manifest itself.

16. narad

You're not going to clear a backlog like that by jamming or posting on the internet less. That's going to require successfully implementing the infrastructure and organizational changes that he has tried to get in place before.

I mean, don't you think you need to know the details of how someone spends their time to comment on how they should manage it differently? Pretty audacious.

AxeHappy likes this.
  17. mehegama

mehegama SS.org Regular

Audacious?? not really, it is just my opinion, following the guy and seeing after all what happened, the same people waiting 5y already, are nowhere near getting their guitar a year later. I know you can wait like 10y and it ll be fine. We disagreed in the past on this we disagree now as well.

my personal view on this is slightly different. When he is soooo far behind on his builds maybe spending one whole day for example, posting screenshots of fights with people in instagram, maybe is not the best way to move forward. Maybe i m worng, but that is how it seems from the outside, when the guitar output still remains very low.

18. MaxOfMetal

When you use your phone or computer or whatever, is that all your doing? Just sitting in a dark room with nothing?

Or are you like every other person and just pick up the phone or go to the computer to putz around a bit between work or whatever?

It's hard to say what impact a day of down time would have. Building guitars has a lot of necessary down time, and the artistic process as well.

I get that your angry and disappointed, but at least be rational here.

AxeHappy, Jonathan20022 and StevenC like this.
  19. mehegama

mehegama SS.org Regular

Honestly i m not angry. As i said i might be wrong or strict on this, but that is how it seems from the outside given that little seems to change from an output perspective. I ll always like his work, that is why i think it is better if he finds a reliable contractor with a cnc to get the guitars fast and under his specific specs and then spend all the time of the world on the finish and the inlays or in general the concept. Something like Hutchinson.

20. narad

Outsourcing CNC work isn't easy either, especially when 50% of your customers want some differently shaped body, or fretboard when 50% of your customers want some fancy thing routed into it.

The wait sucks but I'd rather get a proper Daemoness at the end of it than get whatever restricted form of guitar or options that you envision. There's obviously a ton of options for people who want restricted options on a tighter timeframe. There's obviously a ton of people who would also rather wait for something special.

AxeHappy likes this.