Official Daemoness Guitars Thread

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by Joe Harvatt, Jan 9, 2014.

1. jjcor

jjcor SS.org Regular

My daemoness has finally been completed. Stoked to get my hands on this beauty. Been a long time waiting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Winspear

Winspear Tom Winspear

Damn that's incredible - great use of a top

Flappydoodle and jjcor like this.
  3. mehegama

mehegama SS.org Regular

c7spheres likes this.
  4. Sermo Lupi

Sermo Lupi SS.org Regular

Saw that. Shame for the owner (he claims he had to give it up due to the pandemic).

Seeing the full spec list, that is one odd guitar. Among other things: walnut body, tele neck profile, 26.22" scale. The fact it is the first Daemoness with a non-locking tremolo is insane to me, given the popularity of guitars like Suhr Moderns and EBMM JPs. Plenty of shred and metal guys use non-locking trems. You'd think Dylan would've crossed that bridge before now.

Above all, I have a real love/hate relationship with that body shape. In Dylan's build pics it looked intriguing. Here, with less flattering cell phone pics that better show the shape of the guitar, I think that massive upper horn spoils the proportion. On their own, however, the lower bout and 3x3 headstock look great.

BlackMastodon and Solodini like this.
  5. InfinityCollision

InfinityCollision SS.org Regular

Specs seem fine to me. Scale length makes more sense in metric, woods/neck/etc are to taste. Probably balances really well with that horn going all the way up to the 12th fret.

6. NickBen

NickBen SS.org Regular

Awesome! Will you be doing a NGD/review - I’m anxiously awaiting some more updates on my build but would love to hear your thoughts!

7. jjcor

jjcor SS.org Regular

I most definitely will be doing a NGD. It was supposed to be shipped out on Friday but I’ll have to follow up and see if it did or not.

8. Szeffs

Szeffs SS.org Regular

Hello everybody, i'm new on ss. I came here to get some informations about Daemoness guitars. I read almost the whole Thread till I came to the shocking end. Am I right, that Dylan closed the order books kind of forever? So I think when he writes that he will build extremely limited customs, I understand it that it's not possible to get one as a nobody or the prices will increase. That's sad, because there are no guitars which catched me so hard as Daemoness. I was thinking since 2 years to pay a deposit and now this! I would love to wait 5 years, if in the end I hold a Hadian in my hands. This tells me again to not think to much...

9. Heroooh

Heroooh Deer Napkin

Check out Carillion for the same level of builds/inlays.

Flappydoodle and 2liveis2die35 like this.
  10. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

Right now that’s Dylan’s plan but he may change his mind or offer the occasional custom that interests him. What could happen is he has a Hadian started and he puts it up for purchase where you choose some of the specs like pickups and colour.

Right now Chris’s order book is closed too. I’m not sure when it will be open again since he’s got so popular in recent years but he hinted at another run for next year like the 10th anniversary and current bog oak run.

2liveis2die35 likes this.
  11. Szeffs

Szeffs SS.org Regular

Yeah time will tell. I have some special wishes for a guitar. Especially the woods, so I don't know if I could consider a stock Daemoness. Maybe yes regarding the awesomeness of Dylan's builds.
    I checked carillon already out. On instagram I saw the awesome Kingslayer V. Really nice, but couldn't find this model on their website. I only saw the Valyrian. Anyway, I fell in love with Daemoness, so my heart is broken now

12. IbanezDaemon

IbanezDaemon Raptus regaliter

That's a bummer that you missed out on ordering. I guess it can't hurt to ask. He will probably say no but at least you will have closure on it.

13. Szeffs

Szeffs SS.org Regular

Actually, I wrote him a mail on monday to the email address he wrote here. But I didn't get any response till now.

14. Blytheryn

Blytheryn Musical Adam West

well what did he say?

15. Szeffs

Szeffs SS.org Regular

??? Maybe my English is not that good. So now with google translater. Dylan has not yet answered.

Blytheryn likes this.
  16. IbanezDaemon

IbanezDaemon Raptus regaliter

He might do a very limited amount of custom builds in the future but at the minute he said he is not taking on custom orders. The ones that are already on the list have to be built first so those will be what he will be focusing on for the forseeable future.

17. Szeffs

Szeffs SS.org Regular

Yeah, maybe I'm a lucky guy and I can order a few years. We will see... Shit happens, I shouldn't have waited so long to order