Official Daemoness Guitars Thread

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by Joe Harvatt, Jan 9, 2014.

1. soul_lip_mike

soul_lip_mike SS.org Regular

Damn that's nuts. Talk about lucky guy who got it!

2. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

Sometime two years ago Leah Woodward bought it from him.

Hollowway and Sermo Lupi like this.
  3. IbanezDaemon

IbanezDaemon Raptus regaliter

I could have grabbed this....immense build.

1daem1.jpg

But have gone for this instead...it will come together nicely I reckon:

1daem2.jpg

4. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

yup, just sold it, phenomenal guitars but I have too much stuff, kinda in a purge phase at the moment and all I have left is sick stuff.

works a charm

Hollowway likes this.
  5. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

I'm not yet 100% sure you made the right decision there...

Wildebeest likes this.
  6. IbanezDaemon

I'm not 100% into ML shapes but was sorely tempted.

7. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

did someone pick up the ml?

...or is it still up for grabs?

8. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Gat damn that ML is sick

9. IbanezDaemon

It's sold.

10. R34CH

R34CH Counter Culture Bullet Vulture

Not sure if anyone here is ready to drop ~$6.5K, but I noticed Oceans of Sand is on Reverb this morning.

Don't follow as closely as I used to but that will always be in my opinion the sickest theme build he's done.

IbanezDaemon likes this.
  11. Sermo Lupi

Sermo Lupi SS.org Regular

Just came from reverb to report it myself!

4 watchers already.

Very different to Dylan's style these days, and personally not my cup of tea, but I'm sure it'll get snagged up before long.

[​IMG]

IbanezDaemon likes this.
  12. Blytheryn

Blytheryn Musical Adam West

Looks like it sold.

13. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

When I saw that in person I was kicking myself so much I didn’t think of an Egyptian themed build.

Blytheryn likes this.
  14. mehegama

mehegama SS.org Regular

Isn't this one looking a bit tacky? I mean there other ones with much more detail and style like the Annihilation or the Malleus Maleficarum. Maybe is one of the earlier builds

15. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

It looks really good in person but depends where you draw the line of artistic and tacky. It was built in 2015. Man where does the time go.

possumkiller likes this.
  16. soul_lip_mike

soul_lip_mike SS.org Regular

Made the mistake of following Daemoness on instagram. Oof.

MAJ Meadows SF likes this.
  17. MAJ Meadows SF

MAJ Meadows SF on a tone quest

your front yard, staring into your window
    I know the guy who bought Misha's "Bulb" Cimmerian. Very nice dude and can play, way better than me anyways. I think he ended up with, or was interested in Nolly's sig Vik 7 that I bought directly from Adam (hand delivered on the In Flames tour). 9 and 19th frets were popping up despite being re-glued and rubber hammered back in. I didn't jive with the neck either, but I really really liked that guitar; total tone machine. The same dude was hounding me about the KxK 7DC "Caribbean Burst" (or whatever slick marketing phrase you want to name the color) I trade/sold that Vik for, but it's a phenomenal guitar and a bit unique with a semi-hollow/piezo design and low output, jazz/fusion friendly pickups. I tossed that up on reverb a year or so ago for $3K and got no offers; listed for $3800K+ brand new. Tells you how bad they resell on the market despite being world class instruments.

I was surprised Misha sold the "Bulb" Cimmerian, but like Narad said, not so much after learning he sold that B2. I guess anything is possible in 2020, or tastes and priorities shift. Absolutely nothing against that, but as I've been thinking I realized it kinda squashes the mystique and hype surrounding certain brands, and ultimately comes down to personal values and tastes. What is phenomenal to me, may not be to you. I've only briefly played a B2 and B6; uniquely great guitars, but honestly I like and prefer my Ormsby custom shops over them (for a similar guitar design, shape, and purpose). The build quality, woods, chambering, and pickups make them awesome for me. And like I said, the Vik was really a tone gem, also chambered with killer woods and pickups. My KxKs are super high level in and out, too, but again look at the resale demand, and I think they are every bit as good as the Vik and Ormsby's. There's a few other builders I'd love to try (Carillion, oh my lord!) that I assume would be on equal ground. I have a special run PRS Artist on the way in a month or so and I expect it to blow the doors off a lot of stuff I've played or even own (knowing what we know to expect from PRS, it's a safe bet).

However, no matter how rad, fancy, "hype-train", or expensive any of the aforementioned instruments are, they don't hold a candle to the personal value I hold for my Valkenbyrd VII. I can't overstate how good it sounds and how well it plays; I don't even know if it's chambered a bit, but it resonates like a semi-hollow. The tone is purely subjective and limited by the pickups I had made for it. What makes that unique and valuable for me is that it does what I wanted it to do perfectly. Seems simple, right? Well every other guitar I've had built I either knew something or nothing about what to expect tone wise. Great collections of woods, hand built and hand carved specs, other unique or specific appointments, and upon receipt, all play and sound awesome. But I had to accept whatever they were without an exact preconceived idea of what they ultimately would play and sound like. Any of that can be changed, yes, as far as pickups go or in the build process itself. The Daemoness stands apart in that I wanted specifically something that would fit into OSDM worship and spirit, of course capable of other metal tones, but an instant harking back to Morbid Angel, Incantation, etc, and be completely at home in the new wave OSDM crowd. Dylan delivered beyond expectations. It is a DEATH METAL guitar and exudes the spirit of that from it's creator and the philosophies therein. The build story hints at it and has a lot to do with why I hold the thing so dearly. But it is beyond amazing artwork and inlays; and that I think is lost on many people who view Dylan's skills for what they can produce in end state, instead of where the inspiration and purpose of them came from. Of course a customer directs that a bit and can play whatever they want on the instrument. For me, the hyping of my axe and current rant goes back to the deeper meaning I found in the brand and builder, and he reflected or imprinted that unto the guitar in a way that no other guitar luthier has. Silly as it reads, I do get excited in a fanatical way when picking the thing up, entering into another world larger than life that no other guitar inspires me to, even if I'm just chugging and tremolo picking slimy throwback riffs. Corny and eccentric, sure, but valuable to me and why I'd never be able to part ways with that instrument. That experience is what excites me to see what Dylan creates when he starts working on builds of his own vision. I hope that SOME others will be spoken to in a similar way that I have been when they see and ultimately buy and play any of those instruments, looking at them as a unique statement and purposeful tool in the world of metal, instead of merely a hyped novelty acquisition.

18. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

Does time fly when you are waiting for a Daemoness order?

19. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

It unironically does, I got way too much on my plate to sit anxiously thinking about a guitar I'll spec out 5 - 6 years down the line.

The big daemoness thread was a big eye opener for me, I think I was approaching month 50, over 4 years of the wait when I checked my original deposit and confirmation email.

Even waiting for something to arrive in transit several years back would be torture but when you're busy a year can seem like a blink of an eye.

possumkiller likes this.
  20. mehegama

mehegama SS.org Regular

did you have any updates by the way?