Official Daemoness Guitars Thread

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by Joe Harvatt, Jan 9, 2014.

1. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

@daemonessaxes

- That's a great statement to everyone. I hope a lot of people can finally feel a bit of relief.
    - I don't have any current orders with you or anything but have been following the discussion and I have inquired in the past about a build.

- With your new plans going forward may I suggest a plain basic model with a Cimmerian body shape?
    - Something simple and made of basswood with a no inlay ebony fretboard, Regualr inline headstock and Floyd Rose on it. Like a nice Ibby Rga competitor. People like me would appreciate it.
    - You could automate or speed up much of the process and make it a cash flow generator for Daemoness. I know it may be not your style but just a thought.
    - I think many people would love to have that body shape with a blank ebony board and don't need all the time consuming expense raising art and inlay work, as nice as it is.
    - Another idea is to sell just bolt on Ibby body replacement blanks. Something people could take their 65 or 66mm neck heeled Ibby necks off of and refinish themselves. Stuff like that. Stuff that could bring fast money to your business and still fill a niche that isn't really available.
    - I'm really just always trying to work an angle for a custom RGA style body guitar with blank ebony board, inline head stock etc. : )

- Good luck and best wishes to you. I hope it works out for everyone.

JimF likes this.
  2. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

I'd leave it as is as a sort of minimum IQ test for placing an order going forward...

Velokki, Hollowway, AxeHappy and 8 others like this.
  3. feraledge

feraledge Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?

It wasn’t an inlay or scroll, but that’s how it is done.
    Owned it, laid it out, laid it down. Said a lot of valid things but had me at whilst.
    I can say this much... when Dylan builds the guitars he envisions, it’s going to be something else. I’m stoked to see what comes of it.

MAJ Meadows SF likes this.
  4. jwade

jwade Doooooooooom

Guess that Daemoness baritone SG 7 string I was dreaming of isn’t in the cards anymore. Dang.

5. MAJ Meadows SF

MAJ Meadows SF on a tone quest

your front yard, staring into your window
    It feels like a lighting bolt through the heart, but if he thinks it’s the right thing to do, then so be it. There is an elitist prick part of myself that is glad, because it elevates the brand. I would never want him to sell out, short change, or compromise anything because of needing to crank out orders. In a way, I saw and/or feared this coming. I’m not going to pick on anyone’s reasons why they want a guitar or not from Daemoness; it’s all valid in wanting anything. But there’s a cultural and spiritual responsibility in the preservation of the most essential aspects of metal, and Dylan is one of the few purists out there that has elevated the character of the music above the commercial side of things to something larger than life. That is what metal is supposed to be. I think the most creative and lasting forms of art and music are all like that, beyond the superficial and finite parts of life. Why else, of all the current music genres, are metalheads the most likely fans to own physical albums via CD, tape, or vinyl?

My selfishness is saddened, as there are ideas I’ve stalled on due to my own life drama and priorities, that I’ll never entrust to anyone but Dylan. If they never come to light, then they were not meant to be. However in respect of the brand and what it means to me, I think this is right and good, and will in the long run serve the community the best. I’d rather an artist be free to express themselves without constraint. I think we’re in store for some incredible instruments as this moves forward. My sympathies to those who did not get in on the list; I’m shorted as well, but still lucky to own a couple guitars. And they are to remain with me to the grave. The chance to own one will still be out there. Maybe at some point he’ll do a short list of spots for some limited customs like a run but with unique terms. Or it will be whatever he envisions to be the sole offerings. We’ll see.

What does start to piss me off is the fucking flipper sharks jacking up already high prices on used guitars that will most surely come. The aftermarket value is going to skyrocket. That’s the only major downside. These guitars are made to be played by those with passion for the craft, not collectors and profiteers. But what can one do.

6. swollseyba

swollseyba SS.org Regular

Has anyone emailed Dylan since his post and gotten a response?

7. prlgmnr

prlgmnr ...that kind of idea

Yes.

Blytheryn likes this.
  8. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

I'm getting shades of Blackmachine.

9. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

Super nice red Chronicler on insta

10. swollseyba

maybe just not to people asking for their deposit back then

Samark likes this.
  11. prlgmnr

prlgmnr ...that kind of idea

That doesn't reflect my experience.

12. Flappydoodle

Flappydoodle SS.org Regular

I got a reply after about one week, and did receive my £600 downpayment refund.

c7spheres, swollseyba and narad like this.
  13. swollseyba

good to know! thanks

14. mehegama

mehegama SS.org Regular

I got my refund as well.

swollseyba and c7spheres like this.
  15. dhgrind

dhgrind SS.org Regular

16. NickBen

NickBen SS.org Regular

Just an FYI - I had a skype call with Dylan last week. All seemed well - he was back in the shop and showed me a few of the axes he's been working on (including mine!). Excited to see things are moving forward!

AxeHappy, JimF, Jonathan20022 and 3 others like this.
  17. Crash Dandicoot

Crash Dandicoot » Supra-ise!

I'll be at 48 months this November with still zero communication. No woods picked out, no final spec sheet / quote, nothing. Very curious.

18. mehegama

mehegama SS.org Regular

Did you contact him? You should be in the current batch, other wise you should expect at least 2 years of extra wait

19. Crash Dandicoot

Crash Dandicoot » Supra-ise!

@mehegama I had a single message with him in March to establish communication with the new e-mail, letting me know he'll be in touch.

I would appreciate just having a timeline sorted - waiting longer doesn't bother me. Assuming from previous insight he had to restructure and organize all the prior deposits and placements in the queue after Barnes departed, he should theoretically have an accurate timeline of the current list. @NickBen being at what seems to be a very similar queue position as myself and having made progress to the physical stage of building while I'm not at even a single message of discussion seems odd IMO, though I admit I have no idea how the cutoff for batches works.

20. mehegama

mehegama SS.org Regular

Just message him on the email he gave on his latest statement. He should give you an update where he is with your guitar and if you are not in this batch you should ask for details why you were not included while others with similar wait times were. You can always ask for a refund
    if you think you cannot wait any longer if your build has not started yet, so he did not spend any money on it.

NickBen and Crash Dandicoot like this.