Official Daemoness Guitars Thread

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by Joe Harvatt, Jan 9, 2014.

1. IbanezDaemon

IbanezDaemon Raptus regaliter

That one was actually offered for sale after the original guy who ordered it changed his mind and pulled out of the build.

Flappydoodle likes this.
  2. IbanezDaemon

IbanezDaemon Raptus regaliter

Never a good idea to try and purchase something that way.

3. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

I’m guessing like @narad’s build they were a big fan of a specific LACS model and wanted to replicate it cause I’ve seen this finish a few times.

4. ramses

ramses Guitar/pizza regular

I'm tempted to buy this one ... mostly to understand why does this brand generates so much passion.

5. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

id love to have one myself, but for that money i def want one of his more artsy builds.

i could probably pick up 2, possibly 3 guitars i would want more then a plain vanilla daemoness...

2liveis2die35 likes this.
  6. ramses

ramses Guitar/pizza regular

.... thanks for reminding me that's about two PRS Silver Skies.

7. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

Glad that's not a bolt on or I'd be gassin for it.

8. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

The original guy who placed the order is an SSO guy, but I forgot the username and I don't see him around much anymore. He didn't seem to be so particular on spec stuff -- just liked the satin silver, and I agree it works well with the exaggerated contours of the cimmerian horns. But he was pretty ambivalent about the whole thing by the time it was finished.

9. soul_lip_mike

soul_lip_mike SS.org Regular

It's gotta be hard to predict a guitar you will still love 5 years after the fact.

10. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

True, but of course you don't have to. You decide the specs when the build starts, not when you put your deposit in.

11. Blytheryn

Blytheryn Musical Adam West

As long as it has pickups, strings and not whole body artwork of the spice girls as space barbarians, is it really?

12. sleewell

sleewell SS.org Regular

pretty insane correlation of time spent daydreaming about guitar while on a build list vs playing it in relation to the dollars spent.

i would guess if you are type to sell everything that the more crazy you get with the specs the less you get for it when you sell it. looks like a Jackson that you could have delivered in few days to me but i am on the opposite end of the target market for something like this.

High Plains Drifter likes this.
  13. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

Tbf by the time he would've received it it was probably around 3-3.5 year wait time back then. Not much better but more acceptable in the world of custom guitars I think.

14. Samark

Samark SS.org Regular

Misha's new Daemoness?
    Looks incredible

[​IMG]

Blytheryn, IbanezDaemon and narad like this.
  15. Might-is-Right

Might-is-Right As a Lion...

I'm 32 months in. The only correspondence I have received was the initial confirmation of payment and 1 year ago a brief email after I had sent a few inquires. Knowing how these things go I'd be shocked if a guitar ever came of this. I think I'm officially done with full custom builds.

16. Flappydoodle

Flappydoodle SS.org Regular

So, has anybody actually tried asking for a refund of their £600 deposit? I’m curious if anybody tried and what the response was.

If you are in the UK, the law seems to be on your side. A company can’t simply *say* something is non-refundable. They need to actually incur costs from your cancellation. Clearly, if your build has not started, there have been no costs. Even then, if your spot or the guitar itself was sold to someone else, the costs are recouped and they have no right to keep your downpayment.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/can-i-claim-back-a-non-refundable-deposit

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...de-for-consumers/cancelling-goods-or-services

If we don’t hear something from Dylan soon, I will likely pursue this option.

I assume this also applies to those of you outside the UK, since Daemomess is UK based.

Nrf1967 likes this.
  17. Nrf1967

Nrf1967 SS.org Regular

As I said in my other (and first) post, this is my first Daemoness build so would be curious to know from those with more experience if the lack of communication was always the norm? I gather - from reading this forum - that Dylan stopped working due to Covid19, which is fair enough, but shouldn't customers be hearing that directly? Especially since, if not working, there would have been plenty of time to update customers on what is happening, when their build might start or be finished, etc?

I'm willing to be patient but having paid the £600 deposit, and a further £600 at the time of wood selection (which I assume was used to buy wood but I don't know because I've heard nothing since), it's disappointing that not only are there no updates but that attempts to get in touch are ignored. I suppose one consolation is that the posts on the Instagram page suggest something, at least, is happening.

18. mehegama

mehegama SS.org Regular

check @Sermo Lupi post at page 17 of the dodgy Cimmerian post. He has a very detailed post with all the steps one can make if he decides to take the legal route. It is very well written and it s also the route i ll take if i don’t hear from Dylan soon.

Nrf1967 likes this.
  19. Nrf1967

Nrf1967 SS.org Regular

Wow - thanks for pointing me towards the other thread. I had seen it a while back, when the discussion was all about the iffy guitar, but didn't realise it was still going strong. I did wonder why there weren't a lot more posts about the lack of communication but realise now that there were - just not in this thread!

mehegama likes this.
  20. Flappydoodle

Flappydoodle SS.org Regular

When did you put down your deposit? And when was the second payment?

Barnes left (on bad terms, and they are no longer speaking) earlier in the year, before Covid really kicked off. That seems to have caused extra problems. And the building where Daemoness is located was closed during lockdowns. So did the guy who does the lacquer. So that has definitely caused some build delays.

However, as you say, it doesn't explain why nobody answers an email. You'd think that would be a good chance to catch up with admin, check the build queue etc.

Let's be honest - things aren't looking good. No updates or communication. They changed email address (daemonessdm@gmail.com) without telling anybody.