Official Daemoness Guitars Thread

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by Joe Harvatt, Jan 9, 2014.

1. JimF

JimF SS.org Regular

Wow! What a historical benchmark instrument to own!

IbanezDaemon likes this.
  2. IbanezDaemon

IbanezDaemon Raptus regaliter

Cheers. It's the very first Daemoness I saw and loved it so commissioned a build done in a similar vein but on a Cimmerian. Would never have guessed I'd ever own the original but it popped up for sale a few years back.

Blytheryn, JimF and 2liveis2die35 like this.
  3. MAJ Meadows SF

MAJ Meadows SF on a tone quest

your front yard, staring into your window
    For one thing, all my Daemoness guitars and the ones I’ve played all feel unique to most other guitars out there. Not by a wide margin, but something about them is just incredibly comfortable and enticing for me to play.

4. Louis Cypher

Louis Cypher SS.org Regular

I have always wanted a Cimmerian (IbanezDaemon's Blue/White one just keeps hitting my GAS for one!) but the wait times keep putting me off ordering, even tho if I had ordered I would have one by now!
    For you guys/girls with current orders, whats the current (rough) wait time at the moment? I've seen the order book is currently open

5. 2liveis2die35

2liveis2die35 SS.org Regular

Imo it's worth the wait.it gave me time to put the money away.from deposit till I actually recieved the guitar.was 4yrs 9 months.in all honesty time flew.

Louis Cypher likes this.
  6. JimF

JimF SS.org Regular

You need to be really sure on what you want. I think I'd be after a relatively sedate build, so there's a possibility that a mainstream manufacturer might come out with something very similar looking which would take the edge off for me.

Louis Cypher likes this.
  7. ikarus

ikarus SS.org Regular

It astounds me that he keeps accepting new orders. The order books should have been closed a long time ago...

Acme likes this.
  8. NickBen

NickBen SS.org Regular

I got on the waitlist in Oct 2016...apparently he has the woods for my guitar but it hasn’t been started yet. I checked in last month and obviously everything is on hold at the moment due to Covid19. I doubt it will be done this year. I’ve been trying to hold off on buying anything in the interim but the wait isn’t helping lol...

Louis Cypher and JimF like this.
  9. prlgmnr

prlgmnr ...that kind of idea

Deposit in March 2017.

Louis Cypher likes this.
  10. jjcor

jjcor SS.org Regular

Currently on year 6. Put my deposit down in February 2014. He got the woods for my build in March 2018. October 2019 in the lacquering process. Currently still in there as far as I know. Have not got a email response from him when I was checking the progress a couple of weeks ago. Was told it would ship by Jan/Feb 2020. But that came and went. So I guess all I can do is wait patiently for updates.

Louis Cypher likes this.
  11. Crash Dandicoot

Crash Dandicoot » Supra-ise!

I put in my deposit in November of 2016, had a confirmation e-mail from Dylan that he'd be in touch back in March when they established the new company e-mail, nothing since. Not surprised, given the state of things.

12. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

3 Years and 2 Months, always forget I ordered the guitar. My buddy got that ghost ship King V and it's a pretty amazing guitar, makes me excited for the guitar I'll eventually get but I have no problem waiting for the thing to be produced. A lot of folks cite that you may not even like what you spec'd originally, but in that case spec something basic and re-spec when you get to talk to Dylan. I'm not really anxious about it either way, just maybe hope that the conversion rate for the Pound is favorable by the time it comes to pay up :lol:

[​IMG]

Randy and Louis Cypher like this.
  13. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire thy fart is murder

I'm in the same boat. put my deposit in back in 2016, picked out some woods with Barnes over what's app, then radio silence.

NickBen likes this.
  14. Blytheryn

Blytheryn Musical Adam West

Early 2016 for me here. All the woods were picked late last year and I’m just waiting to get the green light now. Obviously the world is a little on hold right now, and I’m quite patient, so no worries.

Samark likes this.
  15. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

Do you guys honestly still believe you're getting an instrument???

Lol

16. _MonSTeR_

_MonSTeR_ SS.org Regular

Haven’t Daemoness consistently delivered guitars over the period their waiting list has been building up though?

I always figured with this brand you get your guitar, but not for at least 5 years after you ordered it?

Randy, BlackMastodon and Blytheryn like this.
  17. Blytheryn

Blytheryn Musical Adam West

Yes. Daemoness have consistently produced guitars during the period I have been waiting, so what’s to worry about? It’s not like we haven’t seen a new instrument from him in a long time.

2liveis2die35 likes this.
  18. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

...cause everything is always ok until it's not???

That's the same pattern as with all the other builders who took on more preorders than they could shoulder and then sh!t happened or their house burned down or their coke habit got to be too much or whatever but they ended up running away

19. prlgmnr

prlgmnr ...that kind of idea

No I've written it off and put it down to the foolishness of my three-year-ago self

20. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

Custom Instruments always have this risk, if something happens where Dylan just stops building and they can't keep producing guitars then that's that. I lose a couple hundred from my deposit, or not if they decide to refund everyone who put a deposit in.

Sure I'd prefer not to lose the money, but it wouldn't kill me. If anyone is in a spot where they're considering a 3 - 4k+ guitar and would be hurt from a deposit lost then they shouldn't have ordered it IMO.

Typically you point to red flags to substantiate fears of a builder going rogue and disappearing. Do you have any reason to believe Dylan and Co are doing that, or are you just stirring the pot for no reason?

StevenC, jjcor, prlgmnr and 5 others like this.