TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I can't speak to the II xl+ 'cause I've only ever used the FM3 but with my limited Fractal experience I would say:

1. I don't think there's a particular appeal to any one genre. I see zero problem finding a tight-boosted-6505-esque sound.

2. Philosophies vary on this. Fractal models include power amp modelling, so lots of people aim for power that's as transparent as possible. At the same time, I get good (if not fantastic) results running the FM3 into the return of a tube amp.

3. I've never played anywhere that they wouldn't let me go direct if I wanted - but the bigger question is whether or not you trust the PA to be of quality, and the sound guy to know what they're doing. Having a stage sound at least puts some power in your hands.

4. I don't see why not.

5. IMO it's a gamble. It's effectively a guitar computer moreso than a traditional bit of music gear. Do I think it'll become obsolete in at least some sense? Absolutely. Do I think that makes them lose their value? That part's debatable. IMO if it sounds good, and what you value is the sound, then only you can decide if it loses value.

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Good to hear about the 6505 being a 0ower amp. I know Misha used his Invective as one

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
They just introduced an FC6 and FC12 MKII. The scribble strips are a lot larger.

274947114_10162003085504517_3990796177403736496_n.jpg

CovertSovietBear

ブロリー
Reaction score
Not only can you use the 6505 as a power amp, but it's a killer-ass power amp.

Thanks guys. Good to hear about the 6505 being a 0ower amp. I know Misha used his Invective as one
Don't know if applicable but I've also run an AxeFx through a block letter 5150 2x12 - stock speakers but loud enough. Too loud some might say.

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
Nice man. I think at least to make band practice easier I'd just run it through my 6505 until I got a clean Poweramp

Someone wants to trade an axe FX II xl+ and $200 for my Ibanez 6570q. It's the right price, but I'm having a hard time committing.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Is it true Dizzy Silver 2 and Silver 3 are mixed up? I do find it weird how Silver 3 has a bright switch under Authentic controls yet Silver 2 doesn't.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Is it true Dizzy Silver 2 and Silver 3 are mixed up? I do find it weird how Silver 3 has a bright switch under Authentic controls yet Silver 2 doesn't.
Not sure. Rat and fat rat are swapped, no one seemed to care when i mentioned it.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well I can see why Papa Het uses a VH4 with his Mesas. :lol: By itself, I hate the Diezels. But blended with the Mark IV, it really comes alive and both amps help each other out.

rokket2005

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A couple people have brought up the Diezel channels being switched and I thought they got fixed a couple firmwares ago, but scrolling through a couple logs I don't see it mentioned anywhere so it might still be swapped. I didn't know the rat's were swapped too though. Every so often I try using the rat as a boost and I never like it as much as when I'd boost my vht with my rat, maybe worth a try using the fat rat to see if it works better.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Well I can see why Papa Het uses a VH4 with his Mesas. :lol: By itself, I hate the Diezels. But blended with the Mark IV, it really comes alive and both amps help each other out.

I was finally able to get the Herbert I’ve wanted since the amp came out using my III. Running my idealized Herbert 2+ channel and USA Pre Ld2 Red may be the best tone I’ve ever cooked up.

I still desperately want the Herbert clean in the Axe FX though.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was finally able to get the Herbert I’ve wanted since the amp came out using my III. Running my idealized Herbert 2+ channel and USA Pre Ld2 Red may be the best tone I’ve ever cooked up.

I still desperately want the Herbert clean in the Axe FX though.
I'm using channel 3 ATM, and yeah it rules when paired with the Mark IV Mid gain.

Oddly I can't get the TriAxis models to sound good? I used to be able to get some great tones on my AX8 but I struggle with the III.

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
Well the axe FX II xl+ is here. Sucked trading away such a nice guitar... But it was a 6 string.

Kind of unsure what speaker setup I want. Right now I have a 6505+ into a Marshall 4x12 so for the immediate I'll be trying the axe FX through that.

I kind of feel like going stereo FRFR is the way, but I might first buy a Poweramp. See lots of recommendations for the matrix gt1000fx which I can't seem to find on reverb, any others I should look at? I'd hopefully not break the bank, and I am a complete noob with this.

received_290941179648789.jpeg

Crungy

I've made up mah mahnd, I ain't wastin no mo tahm
Reaction score
Congrats on that! I wish I had something to recommend but I use mine for recording with headphones.

Just remember to turn off Poweramp simulation if you're running it through your Peavey head.