October metal (Metal that fits the month of October)

Lucky Seven

Lucky☆Seven
Reaction score
Okay so I've always thought that the month of October as a very dreary month, perfect for certain bands. Leaves falling from trees, gray skies, and things start getting colder etc.

I might be crazy but I feel like certain bands fit this month very well. Opeth, Type O Negative (October Rust anyone?), and a somewhat unknown band "In Mourning". In Mourning - In Studio on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Anyway I was wondering if anyone else had similar feelings, and what bands fit this month for them?

EDIT: I just remembered another that I also associate with October. Nevermore's "Dreaming Neon Black"!

bigswifty

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Opeth as you said suits October/November perfectly.
Porcupine Trees soft ambient type stuff really suits is as well,
listen to .3, Even Less, Dark Matter, Heart attack in a Layby etc.

Also to me, some of Cloudkicker's stuff goes with drab weather,
like Viceroy and the Discovery (both of the Discovery)

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
I love this time of year. I took a road trip across my home state of Pennsylvania today, which is covered mostly in forest and some patches of farm-land, and the scenery was epically metal. I should have taken a camera, but I enjoyed it just fine.

The Beard

Suttbex
Reaction score
+1 to Porcupine Tree :agreed:

This one makes me think of nighttime in October

This one makes me think of the mornings

This one makes me think of all the leaves blowing in the wind and stuff

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, my girl and I talk about this all the time, and bands that fit the fall. Especially October, since A) it's the most metal month, B) it's my favorite month, and C) it's the month o' me birthday!

Absolutely agreed on Opeth. Quintessential fall. I'd also say Daylight Dies. And for some reason, almost anything hair metal seems oddly fitting... but I think that's because I remember going to a lot of concerts when the fall rolled around. :lol:

xmetalhead69

Unexpected Ally
Reaction score
I love this time of year. I took a road trip across my home state of Pennsylvania today, which is covered mostly in forest and some patches of farm-land, and the scenery was epically metal. I should have taken a camera, but I enjoyed it just fine.
PA is so metal. not really. :\

ellengtrgrl

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hmmmm October music. Have you guys considered this one off of the album October Rust?

Stay warm people. We had frost on Saturday morning, below freezing temps last night, and possible snow flurries Monday and Tuesday.

Lucky Seven

Lucky☆Seven
Reaction score
Gotta agree with Opeth....Orchid and Morningrise in particular :yesway:

Definitely Morningrise! I was introduced to Opeth during october 5 years ago with the song "Advent" from Morningrise. It was my first introduction to heavier metal.

I forgot to mention Porcupine Tree as I've listened to them so much lately that I've become a bit saturated with them lol

leandroab

Stay Negative™
Reaction score
...October as a very dreary month, perfect for certain bands. Leaves falling from trees, gray skies, and things start getting colder etc.

I couldn't know... Equatorial(tropical and subtropical) climates suck ass, because there is no such thing as "winter" or "autumn"... There's just "hot", "cloudy", and "Cold fronts from argentina" which is our "winter".

Although, I did live 10 months in Mass (yes.. MA) from september to august... Saw all the seasons... How they're supposed to be... And I've never been so marveled in my entire life. Every single leaf turned to yellow... (some red, okay)... Absolutely stunning... It was breathtaking.

Ahh I miss the US and A...
:/

...October as a very dreary month, perfect for certain bands. Leaves falling from trees, gray skies, and things start getting colder etc.

I couldn't know... Equatorial(tropical and subtropical) climates suck ass, because there is no such thing as "winter" or "autumn"... There's just "hot", "cloudy", and "Cold fronts from argentina" which is our "winter".

Although, I did live 10 months in Mass (yes.. MA) from september to august... Saw all the seasons... How they're supposed to be... And I've never been so marveled in my entire life. Every single leaf turned to yellow... (some red, okay)... Absolutely stunning... It was breathtaking.

Ahh I miss the US and A...
:/

This is the ticket...
This shit is therapeutic for sure...

I just love Type O

pink freud

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Opeth by far.

How could a person NOT listen to "Harvest" during Autumn is beyond me.

In addition:

Russian Circles (although this can go into winter as well)
Red Sparowes
Alice in Chains - Self Titles
TOOL