Oceansize cover - Trail of Fire (s2, podxt, redwirez, etc)

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by arsenic, Mar 4, 2011.

1. arsenic

arsenic &

08: Trail Of Fire (Oceansize cover) by Juan Herrera on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

So I started to work on this cover last sunday, as a kind of break from my "write a song a week". It was a fun time until I woke up on the 25th and read the news that Oceansize had split.

But oh well, I decided to keep working on it and I guess it became a tribute of sorts. I'm quite happy with the results, and am specially fond of the rhythm guitar tone.

Thoughts and stuffs? Hope you guys enjoy it :)

Scar Symmetry likes this.
  2. rug

rug SS.org Regular

Fucking A, dude. That was great.

Digging around your page I can definitely tell the Oceansize influence. Your stuff is really good!!!!!

It's too bad that more people haven't checked your page out, but this is a pretty metal dominated forum - stuff like this just gets buried, unfortunately. Please send me a PM or something anytime you post more stuff.

2/25/11 - it's the day the fucking music died. Oceansize is my favorite band of all time...I'm definitely taking it hard.

Lastly, at this risk of highjacking your thread...I think you might like my band. I only bring it up because you'll probably be more receptive than anyone else on the board, so far. You can download it for free here...

The Lines of History | Lesser Known Saint

Again, well done. Post more.

3. Scar Symmetry

Scar Symmetry Ex Whiny Bitch

4. arsenic

arsenic &

I hear you man. I was in shock for a few days after the 25th, but I'm slowly coming to terms with it :( Hopefully the new stuff the guys' put out will be as awesome; I'm specially interested in that British Theatre thing Vennart and Gambler are working on.

Also, thanks for the comments and interest in my stuff. Will definitely contact you the next time I upload and post something ;)

And I'm currently listening to your band's record, really cool stuff! I specially like The Common Face and On Weathering a lot. Great job!

5. rug

rug SS.org Regular

I'm pretty envious of how you're able to put that shit together in a week. Seriously fucking awesome.

I have definitely not come to terms with it. :(

I'm glad you dig the stuff though. Thanks for listening.

6. arsenic

arsenic &

This cover in particular took a few days more because of the vocals though. And well, it was last week's entry... so Week number 9 won't have a song. Damn it, school :(

Aaaand :bump: