Obscura - New album updates

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by chopeth, Mar 30, 2015.

1. takotakumi

takotakumi SS.org Regular

Awesome dude! Im catching them up here this weekend on Atlanta...probably going to be my show of the year.

I've seen Exist and Archispire before and their live perfomances are unrealll
    I have been dying to see Obscura and Beyond creation for years...you have no idea how pumped I am haha

...on another note Diluvium has grown on me after various listens haha
    I am enjoying this album far more than when the first songs were teased.
    Diluvium is still the worst title track for me though haha
    Ekpyrosis is classic/textbook Obscura, definitively my favorite of the album, which Etherial skies being my favorite solo.

Rosal76 likes this.
  2. MFB

MFB ExBendable

I've been out of the concert game for YEARS, and even as a teen, I had never been to anything like this man. It was crazy. I was at the point where I was honestly going to travel to Canada to see Beyond Creation because it seems like they never play the US for whatever reason.

Exist are someone who I'd like to see again in a better venue, they didn't have the best sound and I'm not sure if there was other technical issues, but when the sound is on point from them I'm sure it'd be killer. Archspire's vocalist was killing me, he looked like a slam version of Sully Erna and he was like, constantly going. I didn't realize that for as much is going on with guitars/bass/drums, there's usually vocals doing just as much.

3. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

Damn, Tako, you're lucky to see all those bands on this tour. I'd love to see Beyond creation and Obscura on this tour and see Rafael perform live. Hey, if you can, bug the shit out of Simon and Kevin (from Beyond) about releasing guitar tablature books for their albums. LOL. :mega::mf666:

takotakumi likes this.
  4. shredmatters

shredmatters SS.org Regular

5. takotakumi

Wonder if they finally corrected the tabs.
    I retried learning some stuff last year and the Aevum tab-aside from others-was so wrong.

6. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

^Old book, the one with impossible stretches?

takotakumi likes this.
  7. takotakumi

I have both, the first one that came out and then the 2nd edition which they sent to anyone having the wrong 1st edition
    but I think it still is wrong on some parts haha

They were giving the pdf for "free" on their site some years ago as well

chopeth likes this.
  8. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

Tako, what was wrong on the Aevum tab?

9. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

I have both too, and I'm curious about what parts do you think are still wrong.

10. CreptorStatus

CreptorStatus SS.org Regular

Cant remember specific riffs but most the tabs were super wrong with fret positions. Aevum had some fast riffs with stretches from the 1st fret to the 8th fret. There was also tabs for a solo included in the book that wasnt on the actual song lol. At least all this was in the first edition.

takotakumi and Rosal76 like this.
  11. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

Ahhh. That's good to know. I was actually listening to the song yesterday and I like it a little better. Maybe one day, I'll learn a few riffs from the song.

Yeah, the Transcendental serenade keyboard solo that never made it. That was weird. I was going crazy trying to find it in the song. LOL.

12. takotakumi

Like someone posted above, some odd stretches, and the "circus riff" at 4:50 is off as well.
    I had another friend who is great at learning by ear and I sent him the tabs I had for celestial spheres and I think he did a similar comment.

On a related note, the same guy was learning the intro solo to Etherial Skies the other day and said that the intro solo on the new tab book is wrong as well since its missing the open notes haha We got the "official" tabs from whomever has been posting the guitar pro versions of the tabooks on UG for comparison. This is sad cause I thought the tabs were from the official members this time since there was no drama unlike with Akroasis.

...is Cosmogenesis the only correct tab book?

BTW no hate towards Obscura...I still love them to death but this would be the 3rd consecutive wrong tab book haha

Attached Files:

chopeth likes this.
  13. shredmatters

shredmatters SS.org Regular

14. Necropitated

Necropitated SS.org Regular

I decided to learn one of the songs of Diluvium. So here's my video of Clandestine Stars :)

15. 777timesgod

777timesgod Stop reading this...I said stop!

Nice work, I can never bother to memorise their songs, I always peak at the tab while playing.