Nylon Strings.

Discussion in 'Jazz, Acoustic, Classical & Fingerstyle' started by BMFan30, Apr 13, 2021.

1. BMFan30

BMFan30 SS.org Regular

I've followed the advice to stretch and tune higher and it's settled in about 3 days after following the advice. The first few days where I didn't know to do any of this and the guitar would detune in the middle of me playing a few chords right after tuning. I've never felt more like a helpless scrub. LOL

Man that was frustrating, I was almost certain it was my fault or that I put the strings on poorly. I just knew I had to be doing something off because I thought this can't be normal since restringing regular acoustic guitars didn't really have this issue before.

I'm loving my classical acoustic guitar now though!!! I love the strings on them, they sound much brighter than I thought it would since those old strings on there were filthy and dull. I will order myself a Salavarez pair as well when I'm picking up bass strings on the next order, thanks man!

2. BMFan30

BMFan30 SS.org Regular

Haha, it's funny you mention. I actually accidentally grabbed an extra E string because I thought they had a clearance pair in some amazon shop that was trying to get rid of it.

But I'd glossed over the fact that the pack was so cheap because it was literally just the high e string. Which I didn't even regret because that string usually goes first anyways so it actually panned out decently in the end. Couldn't even be mad.

3. BMFan30

BMFan30 SS.org Regular

That's actually wicked, thanks. I didn't think you can just fold the lower strings into themselves that easily before. I assumed you had to do a whole knot that I don't trust myself to do just yet.

4. wheresthefbomb

wheresthefbomb SS.org Regular

How are those holding up? I got two sets for my classical and they both had multiple strings snap within a day.

BMFan30 likes this.
  5. BMFan30

BMFan30 SS.org Regular

They've actually been pretty good to me so far. Haven't had any strings snap yet but I grabbed an extra E string just in case when I ordered this pack. Hope mine don't meet the same fate soon haha

What did you get instead of these once you had enough?

6. BMFan30

BMFan30 SS.org Regular

The D, A & E strings have all gone rusty on me somehow. I wiped them down, they were nasty.

I don't know why, I actually love how they sound but that's kind of odd they seem to have some rusty substance on them not to mention this quick. I will try something else next time. Probably La Bella.

7. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

I gave up on nylon strings. No matter what brand I bought, they were always so quiet through the amp. It’s like my pickups weren’t picking up their sound at all.

spudmunkey and BMFan30 like this.
  8. BMFan30

BMFan30 SS.org Regular

I don't even really have pickups, I just have a literally a mic in there poking out of that rabbit hole lol

9. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Yeah, I was just being silly. But, that does remind me of when I first started playing guitar. I had a trem (FR), and literally everyone (who didn't play) asked, "what's that stick thing? A mic?"

LordIronSpatula and BMFan30 like this.
  10. BMFan30

BMFan30 SS.org Regular

LOL