NUMAD

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by decypher, Apr 4, 2012.

1. decypher

decypher SS.org Regular

New Used MacBook Air Day

[​IMG]

With their image changing to evil, I've been getting more and more into Apple over the past years, iPhone, iPad and now my first Mac, although the story behind it is tragically stupid. My partner bought a Macbook Air a few months ago, destroyed it by pouring orange juice over it, messing up some keys and then two weeks later dropping it at the airport customs, it landed on the usb mouse dongle which destroyed the USB and Thunderbolt ports - so we had to drop it off to have it repaired, he bought a new one as he needed an immediate replacement and I ended up getting the repaired one (which is as good as new, as all of the damage was internal (and insanely expensive).

I've been working with OSX in the past, as typesetter for a small scale paper and on other occasions, plus the iPad and iPhone have kind of made serveral things familiar, although it still needs getting used to. The shortcuts and keyboard is the main issue. but then when I see windows 8, I'm happy to get into OSX all the way :lol:.

Razzy likes this.
  2. ZeroS1gnol

ZeroS1gnol SS.org Regular

But still, they're the first to take notice of the problems at Foxconn. Microsoft, Sony and others are yet to follow. But yeah, Apple is starting to become mainstream and greed always lurks in big business. Im an Apple fan though!

You will get used to OSX quite fast. But I always felt like windows being easier to 'manipulate'. OSX is all about streamlining the UI and does it quite well.

Congrats on a great product!

3. Daiephir

Daiephir likes peanut butter

He destroyed it by pouring orange juice on it, didn't he know to put it on the side when that kind of thing happens?