NRFXD - Lexicon MPX-1

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by prlgmnr, Dec 23, 2016.

1. prlgmnr

prlgmnr ...that kind of idea

Was fancying adding a digital delay to my setup, the Boss DD-500 looked a good unit for the price, but then as I was looking into it more I discovered you could get a few old rack units for the same price, so to start with I grabbed an MPX-1.

Just recorded a quick example using a couple of Italo de Angelis' rather stellar presets:

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/prolegomena-1/mpx1one[/SC]

Guitar is Peerless Jazz City into Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone, Mark V Channel 1 "Fat" clean into Suhr Reactive load and then out to my interface with Ownhammer Deluxe Reverb and AC30 impulses.

I've run the slave out of the amp into the Lexicon and then both stereo outs into the interface.

This all sounds needlessly complex now I've written it all out. I fancy complicating it more by trying to run two amps in full stereo next.

First impressions of the MPX-1 are that it has some really, really good sounds available; actually programming the thing is no doubt going to take a lot of getting used to. I would say it's probably suitable for the studio only as there can be quite a long delay when switching patches. Not a problem for me as I don't see myself playing live in the foreseeable future.

As an aside, I've also learned that the Jazz City is a bit of pain to record, the acoustic sound is so loud that when I play back what I've recorded it feels a bit like something is missing - might need to look into a pickup swap for something microphonic.

steinmetzify likes this.
  2. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Sounds damn good man.