Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Got new Chucks too, so that's the pic:

Untitled by Lord Funktfied, on Flickr

This thing is tiny....compared to the P1 and the Bion:

So it's legit. They're gonna sell a lot of these for guys that either want one as a backup to go right to the board or a different tone in the loop, or someone that wants to buy one a month for different flavors or whatever to record with. I haven't ....ed around with it a lot, but the cleans are usable for tracks and the built in cab sim is ok.

You can set it up for the switch to either switch between channels or turn the pedal off entirely, and if you do it to switch between, it'll remember your settings....could do a clean part, hit the switch and do chunky rhythm or leads.

Clips...expect lamesauce, been a minute since I touched a guitar....trying to do this between errands, but I wanted to show the difference between the built in cab sim and an IR.

Horizon, drop B, EMG 81. No bass, no EQ. Cab sim first:

https://app.box.com/embed/preview/btwkoxtklq303veonsyl77zaym9556m0

Two Notes WOS III w/Engl 4x12:

https://app.box.com/embed/preview/sj1vlc4k4vlen330rgy5j11w7072xhnd

I'll try and do something tomorrow or whatever in drop D with my GT so I can throw some bass in there.

I don't know who all would be in my same boat as far as using preamps for recording, but this thing stacked up to my AMT easily, and it's almost half the price if you get a deal. I snagged this from Prymaxe and they gave me 20% off, so it wasn't even $80. For the price of one of the AMT pedals you could get two of these.

aWoodenShip

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Nice! I've been looking at these for a minute now just to have something to plug into the computer. I'm wondering how the 005 model compares to the 5150 overdrive.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Nice! I've been looking at these for a minute now just to have something to plug into the computer. I'm wondering how the 005 model compares to the 5150 overdrive.

Be something cool to pick up and see if it works for you. Just based on this one I'd say you could get some usable tones out of it.

I was messing around earlier with a LP with McCarty pickups on the clean channel...just blues stuff, seeing how it broke up.

No one would ever call it a warm tone, but it works. There are a lot of tones in this thing for sure.

mongey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Cool. Sounds good

I have been thinking about getting their cab sim pedal as I'm doing a bit of di jamming into a mixer with the guys at the moment.

Spinedriver

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It sounds pretty decent (as you said), for the price. Around here, MXR distortion pedals go for around $140 and they really aren't very good (the od pedals on the other hand, are really good as boost pedals). The Mooer ones not only sound better but are about $50 less than that and can be used to record direct.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
It sounds pretty decent (as you said), for the price. Around here, MXR distortion pedals go for around $140 and they really aren't very good (the od pedals on the other hand, are really good as boost pedals). The Mooer ones not only sound better but are about $50 less than that and can be used to record direct.

Dude keep in mind I'm a hack of the highest order. If you're better, you're going to get better results. These things are legit and worth the $.

protest

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Nice dude. I was thinking about getting the Two Rock pedal, so I'm glad to see they're pretty solid.

So are you back to playing now?

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Somewhat. Doing it on the cheap tho, as you can see lol.

Got some arthritis in my left wrist (at 43!!!) which makes it a pain in the ass to sit and record for longer than half an hour or so.

Be aware or watch the Chappers vid...they're pretty convincing sims but the Two Rock was the only one they didn't think sounded like the amp it's supposed to model.

Shask

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Got some arthritis in my left wrist (at 43!!!) which makes it a pain in the ass to sit and record for longer than half an hour or so.

Be aware or watch the Chappers vid...they're pretty convincing sims but the Two Rock was the only one they didn't think sounded like the amp it's supposed to model.

Hopefully you figure out how to work around your wrist issues!

I know we have talked about that, and I have talked about how I started having wrist issues when I was about 20. I had to wear a wrist brace for a few years, and getting non-manual labor jobs, and changing my guitar habits helped a lot.

That is why I am still SUPER picky about guitars, neck shapes, scale, etc.... and I have also always played very slinky strings. I have tried to go up in gauge, but I always end up getting hand fatigue in some way or another. I tend to use 10-46 tuned to D. That is also another reason why I dont play more than I do, and don't look into being in a band.

I would encourage you to pay a lot of attention to the guitars you play. I know you have owned a $hitload of them, so you probably know what is comfortable. Start looking into using lighter gauges, and get used to having a soft touch to the strings.

Once you know the certain range that works for you... then you can have all the annoyance of actually trying to find something you like with the right combination of specs like I do, lol.

protest

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Ha! figures on the Two Rock, thanks for the heads up.

Sorry to hear about your wrist issues dude. I agree with what Shask said, I had a similar experience. I started playing at 17, by 19 I had serious wrist/arm/neck issues. I quit for about 7 years and got back into it in my mid 20's.

Changing subtle stuff about my life and using thinner sting gauges has really helped. I also play pretty much nothing but blues now when I first pick it up so I'm actually, you know, warming up before I start trying to play fast :lol:

Arthritis isn't exactly the same though, but if anything I'd suggest thin strings and whatever the most comfortable neck profile is for you.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Hopefully you figure out how to work around your wrist issues!

I know we have talked about that, and I have talked about how I started having wrist issues when I was about 20. I had to wear a wrist brace for a few years, and getting non-manual labor jobs, and changing my guitar habits helped a lot.

That is why I am still SUPER picky about guitars, neck shapes, scale, etc.... and I have also always played very slinky strings. I have tried to go up in gauge, but I always end up getting hand fatigue in some way or another. I tend to use 10-46 tuned to D. That is also another reason why I dont play more than I do, and don't look into being in a band.

I would encourage you to pay a lot of attention to the guitars you play. I know you have owned a $hitload of them, so you probably know what is comfortable. Start looking into using lighter gauges, and get used to having a soft touch to the strings.

Once you know the certain range that works for you... then you can have all the annoyance of actually trying to find something you like with the right combination of specs like I do, lol.

Yeah, I'm trying some new things lately, got a couple new guitars coming in and I'll see if that does anything. I'm full on guilty of not warming up too...was working on a soundtrack thing for a bud last night; only about 30 minutes of tight double tracking but I'm feeling it today for sure. Hoping new guitars work and warmup does too.

Ha! figures on the Two Rock, thanks for the heads up.

Sorry to hear about your wrist issues dude. I agree with what Shask said, I had a similar experience. I started playing at 17, by 19 I had serious wrist/arm/neck issues. I quit for about 7 years and got back into it in my mid 20's.

Changing subtle stuff about my life and using thinner sting gauges has really helped. I also play pretty much nothing but blues now when I first pick it up so I'm actually, you know, warming up before I start trying to play fast :lol:

Arthritis isn't exactly the same though, but if anything I'd suggest thin strings and whatever the most comfortable neck profile is for you.

Can try some thinner strings, for sure.

Shask

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm trying some new things lately, got a couple new guitars coming in and I'll see if that does anything. I'm full on guilty of not warming up too...was working on a soundtrack thing for a bud last night; only about 30 minutes of tight double tracking but I'm feeling it today for sure. Hoping new guitars work and warmup does too.

Can try some thinner strings, for sure.

What new guitars you getting?

I have been on a 25" scale kick lately. It seems like that scale just fits the size of my fingers well. I thought about a Kiesel, but they are having a lot of BS go down lately. I am thinking about getting a PRS SE Custom 24.

I am bad at warming up also. I usually just stretch my fingers for 10-20 seconds before playing.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
What new guitars you getting?

I have been on a 25" scale kick lately. It seems like that scale just fits the size of my fingers well. I thought about a Kiesel, but they are having a lot of BS go down lately. I am thinking about getting a PRS SE Custom 24.

I am bad at warming up also. I usually just stretch my fingers for 10-20 seconds before playing.

Threw up a WTB ad for something cheap and a guy I've done business with before and cut a deal to threw it back to me....Ibanez RGA121 for a sick deal.

Got another Charvel Model 1 coming too...that 1 5/8" nut width is my favorite, or at least it was before this wrist crap, so I'll see what happens with those. I've never tried the Ibby and always wanted to, so maybe that'll work. After this I'm kind of at the end of my rope...I have a LP here with a really big neck, and a couple LTDs with thinner necks and all of em are hurting lol.

See what happens, I know I need to stretch out more....the thinner strings thing might not be feasible, as I'm mostly playing doom/sludge lately in drop B and need at least 11-54s for that tuning...

Shask

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Threw up a WTB ad for something cheap and a guy I've done business with before and cut a deal to threw it back to me....Ibanez RGA121 for a sick deal.

Got another Charvel Model 1 coming too...that 1 5/8" nut width is my favorite, or at least it was before this wrist crap, so I'll see what happens with those. I've never tried the Ibby and always wanted to, so maybe that'll work. After this I'm kind of at the end of my rope...I have a LP here with a really big neck, and a couple LTDs with thinner necks and all of em are hurting lol.

See what happens, I know I need to stretch out more....the thinner strings thing might not be feasible, as I'm mostly playing doom/sludge lately in drop B and need at least 11-54s for that tuning...

Not sure if a RGA121 will help or not. They typically have a Wizard neck, which is thin, flat, and D-shaped. It might give you some issues. You could always sand it down rounder. :) I did that to an Ibanez RG, and it plays excellent now. I always kind of wanted a RGA121 for some reason. They feel very nice and sleek.

You might go a gauge lighter. I use 9-42+54 on my 7 strings, and I have a detuned 6 string in B standard I have 12-52 on, with a wound G. All 25.5" scale. You might even try a 10-52 set for drop B.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Dude that sucks, somewhat. I don't know what's going to happen with my wrist and that neck profile, but for me most of the time that size of neck is a no go. See what happens...at least someone will get a good deal if I can't use it lol.

I can try thinner sets I guess; I've never liked going that low for this tuning as far as tension goes though. Guess I could give it a shot and see if it alleviates anything.

protest

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ibanez stuff usually isn't good for wrist issues, but everyone is different. Your best bet is to try a bunch of stuff. Let me know if the Charvel works for you. I have an 80's ESP that is basically a Jackson copy. I'm​ not really looking to move it, but if the Charvel neck is the one that works for you maybe we could work something out.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Ibanez stuff usually isn't good for wrist issues, but everyone is different. Your best bet is to try a bunch of stuff. Let me know if the Charvel works for you. I have an 80's ESP that is basically a Jackson copy. I'm​ not really looking to move it, but if the Charvel neck is the one that works for you maybe we could work something out.

Will do man, thanks.

Use your right hand next time. Any more info on the pedal?

Not possible sir.

What did you need to know man?