NPD! Instrumental SFTY3-7's

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by schwiz, Feb 18, 2017.

1. schwiz

schwiz Lefty

Received a new set of Instrumental SFTY3-7's from Ethan at Instrumental Pickups and got them installed in my lefty Kiesel AM7. Pretty happy with how these things turned out! I've only had a few hours of play time on them, but they sound crisp. I love the attack and clarity in chord voicings the most!.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I thought it would be interesting to do a little side by side comparison of the Lithums and SFTY3's. There is a slight difference.

Lithiums - 0:00 - 0:34
    SFTY3-7's - 0:35 - 1:07

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/schwizbeats/compare2-01[/SC]

2. macgruber

macgruber cat enthusiast

nice mix! theres not a massive difference between the two pickups but i'd lean towards the slightly scooped low mids of the instrumental pickups for the extra focus in the tone. whats your signal path?

3. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire 90% GAS 10% skill

Yeah the SFTY3-7s really pop in the mix more. I have a set of those in one of my strandbergs and really like them.

4. schwiz

schwiz Lefty

Axe Fx (DI) -> Scarlett -> HP @ 105hz, LP @ 14000kHz, and a few notches to take out harsh frequencies, Compression (mid-to-fast attack, mid release, 3.5:1), TSE OD, TSE, Guitar Hack Fredman impulses.

5. macgruber

macgruber cat enthusiast

thanks for that! you're using the axefx for a DI? is the TSE really that much better?

6. schwiz

schwiz Lefty

Probably not, but I just didn't have time to reamp it properly. Got too many other projects going on right now. TSE is good tho.

7. schwiz

schwiz Lefty

I almost forgot. I wanted to post up the Instrumental Wiring diagram if anyone else was interested.

[​IMG]