NPD gift from my wife.

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Charlie Foxtrot 3rd, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Charlie Foxtrot 3rd

Charlie Foxtrot 3rd Seven strings, Zero skill

My wife and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. She bought me an overdrive pedal by Fender the Yngwie J. Malmsteen.
    When I opened it I was stoked that she had gotten me something guitar related it wasn’t sure how or if I would use this pedal, didn’t know much about it. Got around to fiddling with it a few days later and this thing does a good job as an overdrive but mainly as a boost, it’s quiet and there’s only 2 knobs , no doughnuts though.

I wasn’t sure this pedal would get much use but hasn’t come off of my pedalboard and will be there for the time being.
    Thanks babe. Love you too.

Attached Files:

2. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

Well, since she is starting to get into guitar too, tell her a great first guitar is a PRS Private Stock.

3. Blytheryn

Blytheryn Musical Adam West

:rofl:

4. Charlie Foxtrot 3rd

I tried something similar and she was onto me right away. Her birth day is coming soon and I was thinking of getting her her first electric guitar (she owns 2 acoustics).

Does anyone have a real suggestion as to what a good first guitar would be for he. She plays a lot of cowboy chords and sings. You know folky type stuff, obviously not something loaded with EMG’s and a Floyd, and not something cheap, so mid price range. I’ve modded cheap guitars but I’d like something well priced that doesn’t need heaps done to it out of the case.
    Something sounding good clean with a fixed bridge. Any help is appreciated

5. Charlie Foxtrot 3rd

She knows full well that I would say “this is for us both to play” but she knows the truth that she won’t be allowed to play it.

6. wheelsdeal

wheelsdeal SS.org Regular

If its for your wife maybe a Fender Mexican Strat (although they have trems) or maybe something like a Schecter Banshee 6 extreme for fixed bridge.Both around 500-600ish $.I would look at Ibanez too,not too 'metal' looking.

If its really for you well...you dont need us.Get what you like.

Backsnack likes this.
  7. Charlie Foxtrot 3rd

It won’t be for me although I’ll be the one carrying out maintenance and making any upgrades as requested. I’m thinking Squire for playability, the right basic tone and it’s not pointy and shit.

this is for sale second hand not far from where I live. Says it’s a 94 strat. I’m know next to nothing of fenders. Can I make this a fixed bridge?

Attached Files:

8. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter SS.org Regular

Maybe not just a coincidence that metal is the standard for a 10 yr anniversary. Nice gift and congratulations!

9. wheelsdeal

wheelsdeal SS.org Regular

You can get a Tremol-No for 55$ and make it fixed.I've done this to my RG3120 and it works great.

Ask the guy about the neck,you dont want a chunky one.

10. Charlie Foxtrot 3rd

Thank you.

11. vilk

vilk Very Regular

It's a "tremolo", but it's not a floating bridge like a Floyd Rose, so with all the springs in it will more or less be "fixed". You'll be able to drop D and whatever as you please.

Adieu likes this.
  12. Wolfhorsky

Wolfhorsky Regular idiot

That woman is a gem.

13. TheWarAgainstTime

TheWarAgainstTime "TWAT" for short

Great gift :yesway:

As for what to get her, nothing says "cowboy chords" quite like a Telecaster IMO. A Mexican Tele will be fairly cheap and super solid :D

Charlie Foxtrot 3rd likes this.
  14. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

If you’re going for something “prettier” the general quality on the PRS “SE” is solid and they use veneers for some really nice looking tops. The single cut and double cuts can be had pretty cheap used. However unsure if the bridge floats or sits flat like a strat.

Also tele’s are pretty comfortable/country looking.

Charlie Foxtrot 3rd likes this.
  15. Charlie Foxtrot 3rd

Appreciate the feedback. I’m sneaking off to look at a squire classic vibe Tele thinline today for her. I have already gotten her something for our anniversary but I’m gonna grab her what will be her first electric guitar. I let you guys know how I get on.

16. Charlie Foxtrot 3rd

Ok. So I went and had a look at this Tele I came across. The dude is a cockhead, rude and pushy. I drove and hour and half just to play it and I was very interested, guitar was in good nick and at a good price. But the dude must really have needed the cash, which I get but there’s no need to be a prick. So I left, disappointed. I was out and about and decided I was going to get a guitar for her. So I bought here a Fender American Pro strat, Olympic white. Spent more than I was planning to but she’s worth it. She loves it, heck I like it too. Not my type of guitar but whatevs. I Know has a trem and all that but she’ll get the hang of it. I told her she has to learn how to look after it and set it up which we all know I’m gonna be the one fiddling with it.