NPD: Earthquaker Afterneath

bhakan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just got this in today. So far it is amazing. While it can cover basically all the same roles as a normal reverb pedal, it definitely retains a unique sound throughout them that makes it difficult to compare to a normal reverb, because instead of trying to emulate a spring reverb or a hall, it just does its own thing. It can also do some really crazy reverb sounds and oscillation. Definitely fits the description "Otherworldly Reverb"

Excuse the shitty picture
XAnJ4I2.jpg

If anyone's curious, the order is

Guitar -> Fuzz (home made) -> MXR 10 Band (used as clean boost) -> OD (home made) -> Mesa .50 Cal -> Memory Boy (with wah modded to expression pedal) -> Afterneath

KailM

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Congrats! I really want one of those. Based on the youtube demos I've listened to, it sounds like it creates multiple layers of delay which cascade and shimmer away. I've tried to replicate it with my Flashback delay and can't do it.:( Some people are fuzz-pedal junkies, others are OD pedal junkies...I think I'm a reverb junkie!

TheRileyOBrien

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hope you like it. I had one and it was a huge letdown for me. It wasn't a one trick pony but it was far from versatile. Seemed too recognizable. It was too hard to incorporate it in a song without it being obvious. The random tick tick tick tick tick thing is always there and shouts "hey its the afterneath". Their stuff is built extremely well but this one seemed to be way too expensive for what you get.

bhakan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hope you like it. I had one and it was a huge letdown for me. It wasn't a one trick pony but it was far from versatile. Seemed too recognizable. It was too hard to incorporate it in a song without it being obvious. The random tick tick tick tick tick thing is always there and shouts "hey its the afterneath". Their stuff is built extremely well but this one seemed to be way too expensive for what you get.
That's a shame. I actually really like how recognizable it is. I like that it isn't an emulation of some other form of reverb and is just it's own thing. I have however been able to mask the "tick tick tick" of the delays with the right settings though for the times that I don't want them apparent.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
HNPD.

.. And you can totally fiddle with the knobs to make the tick-ticky-ness less present and make it sound more like a regular reverb. I forget the settings and I'm nowhere near my gear to try and explain.

Btw that's an interesting color. Have fun!

celticelk

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
HNPD! I really like the Afterneath sound, but not enough to invest in the pedal - I'll definitely be trying to clone it with the Multitap algorithm on the TimeFactor when I get one back on my board, though. Got any clips to share?

bhakan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
HNPD! I really like the Afterneath sound, but not enough to invest in the pedal - I'll definitely be trying to clone it with the Multitap algorithm on the TimeFactor when I get one back on my board, though. Got any clips to share?
I can definitely record some clips if anybody wants some. If anybody has a specific sound they'd like to hear out of it, or hear it in a specific context I'd be glad to record something. I'm working on some shoegazy stuff at the moment which will be using it that I'll post, but if anybody wants to hear anything specific from it I can definitely throw some clips together.

spawnofthesith

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Congrats! I got myself one for Christmas, and I couldn't be happier. Thing is ....ing amazing!!

Love the PGS color of yours

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
Congrats!!!

I was 50/50 on whether to get this or my bigsky pedal first.

Another week or two and I will add one to the collection.

Dusty Chalk

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I can definitely record some clips if anybody wants some. If anybody has a specific sound they'd like to hear out of it, or hear it in a specific context I'd be glad to record something. I'm working on some shoegazy stuff at the moment which will be using it that I'll post, but if anybody wants to hear anything specific from it I can definitely throw some clips together.
I don't have any specific requests, go ahead and post the shoegazy stuff.