NPD Ashdown GEQ (for guitar !)

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by redstone, Jul 24, 2015.

1. redstone

redstone SS.org Regular

Don't mind the "bass" label, it's the perfect tool to rebalance your guitars in depth.

I never bought an EQ pedal before because the frequencies aren't at the right damn place. This is the first pedal that has all the bands I'm looking for :

60hz deep bass
    100 low meat
    180 thump (low end compression)
    340 low mids (mids fatness, hb/sc factor)
    660 mids focus (the avg preamp tonestack center)
    1.3k crunch
    2.6k bite
    5k sparkle
    10k air

30, 40, 15k : also great to have them so you can clean the ends of the signal.

-------

Input knob : kinda weak for a quiet guitar according to the inbuilt VU meter, but it's alright. I turned it all the way up.

Shape knob/switch : quite useful, it cuts at 400hz and boosts on either side. It gives a solid sparkly tone when I roll down my bridge pickup volume or use it as an acoustic-ish clean channel.

Graphic level knob : Nice level boost, not sure how much, probably around 12 db. Noisy at first glance, I managed to keep it at noon with minimal noise by cutting the 5k and 15k bands (no consequence on my tone).

Value : Great for the price I guess, everything is sturdy, the EQ is transparent and just a bit noisy if you set it right. Just as expected, I rebalanced my guitar exactly how I wanted, now it fits exactly my amp. Would buy again.

[​IMG]

Harry likes this.
  2. Harry

Harry Doom man of Doom. Contributor

That is an awesome looking pedal.
    Pretty big for an EQ pedal, but considering it doubles as a DI you can't complain.

3. redstone

redstone SS.org Regular

It sure will be useful for reamping and direct recordings. That said for that size I'd love to get 2 separate EQs and insert the 2nd in the fx loop. haha

4. redstone

redstone SS.org Regular

Just made a quick vid