Now generally I'm not a mean guy, but...

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by AySay, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kung_fu

kung_fu Vulcan Lute God

I'm with TaronKeim on this one. While i wasn't too impressed with his playing, i decided to hold my tongue. Not sure how you guys are getting this egomaniac stuff from. Maybe the photos, or a few poorly chosen words in the ad, but aside from that he just seems like someone who is eager to play with others. As for playing tips for this fellow, i'd just say put in some more time and practice. I was never a 20hr a day practice fiend myself, but getting out there and jamming with people could very well be what the doctor ordered. Say, that's just what he was trying to do :idea:.

I will give the old :noway: on his paragraph response above. Surely a period or two wouldn't have hurt.

2. Koshchei

Koshchei Banned

I'm not ripping on him at all. I just think he needs a) to slow the hell down until he finds a tempo that he can play cleanly at, b) learn some scales, arps, and patterns, c) listen to himself critically, identify weaknesses and build on them.

With respect to arrogance though, you certainly don't seem to mind calling the kettle black.

3. razmar

razmar Member

thank you kung fu for your vote of confidence i would just like to ask the same thing where to you guys get me thinking i think that's the best or that i even think i'm better then anyone in my ad i said good and based on some of my other songs and even the rythm tracks in both feeling heavy metal and in death's clutchs i don't think good is to far of a stretch i'm not saying i'm the best or even a guitar god just that i'm not bad as for the poses in my pics well those are just a couple of poses i chose in the pics but their just supposed to be pics to show what i look like not anything to base my personality on all i'm asking is when you see or hear somthing from me or anyone else don't post on a forum the guy doesn't know about but let him know i got 300 or so views and not one said needs improvement slow down redo the song or this this case shred or even dude it is complete **** remove it i can take criticism it's what helps me become a better player but i need to actually know i'm being criticized which is really the main reason i was upset as for some of the advice i'm already taking one was to get good or at least decent recording equipment another was slow down and add more clarity to your notes

(ya grammer and spelling sucks but i'm just trying to make a point)

4. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd Return of the Dread-I

you're an asshole and i love it. :lol:

i feel better about myself... sad thing is the songs sound like they SHOULD be good songs... but his guitar isn't even in tune and he just plays them horribly. that, my friends, is the definition of "no feeling".

EDIT: my initial comment was to the OP

5. Stealthdjentstic

Stealthdjentstic Banned

You need to slow down and add punctuation to your posts, I'm not even a grammar nazi either. :lol: Also its good you have 300 views, but why only have 300 if you could have 3000 if you slew down and practiced before trying to shred. :shrug:

6. AySay

AySay Banned

Awkward...:ugh:
    Didn't think you'd show up here. Anyway man, don't take it too seriously, it was all in good fun. I mean, criticism is nature's way of making you improve :idea:
    And on the bright side you found this forum, so go get a 7 string, listen to some bulb recordings, and you'll improve in no time :agreed:

7. Konfyouzd

:agreed:

did you know that grammar and spelling make it easier to make a point in a text based conversation?

8. razmar

razmar Member

I'm gonna slow down and practice more like a couple people advised i posted that in my last post as for having more then 300 people that wasn't so much my point as it would make more sense if someone told me in email or through myspace instead of making a forum that basically just burns me.

9. Stealthdjentstic

Stealthdjentstic Banned

Nobodies burning you, we were just burning your attitude.

10. Konfyouzd

not that i'm saying this makes it any better. but i generally improve faster when people make fun of me. then i get to rub it in their faces. :shrug:

either that or i tuck my tail between my legs and give up.

[​IMG]

11. razmar

razmar Member

once again i ask were did you get the idea i had an attitude that said i was the best or even a guitar god or something. i would really like to know so i could change it because when it come to guitar i don't think i'm any better then anyone else and never said so and i didn't mean to imply so either and if i did imply i'm better or if I offended anyone i apologize.

actually i'm not to fond of my guitars tone myself and the connecting it straight to the sound card probably didn't help

defo?

dude don't quit trying if you learn the penatonic scale then you can do a blues solo without to much problem i'll probably work my way up from there now that i know where i am in terms of skill

lefty robb likes this.
  12. Æxitosus

Æxitosus Banned

13. Trespass

Trespass AEADGBEA

It only takes a bit of logic.

To me, the problem isn't with your playing, your attitude, or even your terrible sense of communication. My problem, is the complete and utter lack of critical thinking.

Seriously, learn to think subjectively. At a very base level, can you not listen to yourself play, or watch yourself play, and compare it to x guitar god on youtube? It shouldn't be that difficult to figure out what differences are keeping you from playing at that speed. Hell, so much instructional material is out there for free on youtube, those pro guitar gods will even tell you how to get better.

And 4 years? Really? Truly? Seriously?

Our own forum member Mike (Gilbucci) at 15:

Playing for 1-2 years at this point.

14. Gilbucci

Gilbucci Dude..for real?

Actually, it was about a year and a half when that vid was made :yesway:

15. DDDorian

DDDorian Mantis Toboggan, M.D Super Moderator

This'd be way easier to moderate if I could actually read what razmar's wrritten:lol: Anyway, I'm sure you all know what I'm gonna say: cool off a bit and keep it constructive or shit's getting locked.

16. lefty robb

lefty robb Shred like a mofo Contributor

He used a period! I'm not usually a grammar cop but as Dorian pointed out, well, holy run on sentence, Batman!

17. Rick

Rick ALL HAIL DJOD Forum MVP

I wasn't even gonna try and read those posts. :lol:

18. Stealthdjentstic

Stealthdjentstic Banned

I think trespass nailed it. Also, gilbucci's is too modest to say it but he's pretty batshit insane, that bid doesn't really do him justice. He also has a great attitude, like a few months ago I alee him a few questions about sweeping and instead of being a douche about it he directed me towards a good instructional website and then helped with me correct my mistakes (of which there are many)

19. Paul Malmsteen

Paul Malmsteen Yngwie Gilbert?

Off topic but I love fried ice cream! :metal:

And razmar, would you please use commas, full stops and capital letters? I honestly don't think it is asking too much and it shouldn't really take any more effort than writing in your garbled stream of consciousness.

And when Zak1233 said defo he meant definitely.

20. Naren

Naren OldschoolGhettostyle

I've been playing guitar very seriously for 10 years and I can't play lead like Gilbucci. :lol: Of course, I personally think I can play pretty well. I'm pretty good at tapping, string skipping, and I'm a master of vibrato, but I just can't sweep (of course, considering that I've never really bothered to practice sweeping, focusing on other stuff instead, that shouldn't really surprise anyone).

Gilbucci, that video was awesome. :yesway:

Razmar, no offense, but it seems to me like you don't practice very much. Practice in itself will make you a better guitarist. And it seems to me like you don't practice practically at all. I'd recommend buying a metronome, maybe a book of basic scales, open chords, and basic music theory, and just going from there. There are two ways to respond to criticism: give up or get better ("ignoring it" doesn't really seem like a real response in most cases).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.