"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Contributor
Reaction score
Started thinking about Hondo. Looks like another murdered Muiscorp line.
I think Hondo could be revived and make a mark.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Looks like a safe space to talk about rabbits here.

I loved rabbits when I was a kid. We had several... Big Red, Snowball, and Bean Blossom to name a few. But at some point in my childhood I remember that we took a little vaca up to Lake Erie... Middle Bass or North Bass Island to be more specific, where my grandparents either had a cottage or rented one... no idea.

And I was ecstatic because the older folks were talking and joking about the rabbits there. I know I was excited af to see a bunch of real-world wild rabbits so I looked fwd to the trip. And when we got there I was disappointed because wtf? No rabbits! None. But I remember my grandpa bending down with crazy drunken grampa eyes fully engaged and looking deep into my soul and saying "They're coming".

And after a day of fishing and playing and all that... dusk fell. And as it did... all around the cottage, they came. Little ears here and there, then more and more and more... until within idk minutes? there evolved an absolute ass-load of fucking rabbits. And they came closer and closer... out of the woods, out of the fields, out of the bowels of the earth. I'm talking hundreds upon hundreds... every-fucking-where.

I eventually freaked out and wound up running inside where I sat almost traumatized. You ever hear of one billion rabbits methodically chewing and fucking? Well I do! It was like a slowly building furry nightmare... fascinating and nauseating at the same time. And they just kept coming closer... at some point surrounding the cottage. And of course all the adults laughing at my lament.

I will never forget that trip for the rabbits as well as getting stung in the eye by a wasp and for the memory of my grandpa having a heart-attack and having to be air-lifted to the mainland. Good times... unlocked!

So, rabbits... yeah.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score

I loved rabbits when I was a kid. We had several... Big Red, Snowball, and Bean Blossom to name a few. But at some point in my childhood I remember that we took a little vaca up to Lake Erie... Middle Bass or North Bass Island to be more specific, where my grandparents either had a cottage or rented one... no idea.

And I was ecstatic because the older folks were talking and joking about the rabbits there. I know I was excited af to see a bunch of real-world wild rabbits so I looked fwd to the trip. And when we got there I was disappointed because wtf? No rabbits! None. But I remember my grandpa bending down with crazy drunken grampa eyes fully engaged and looking deep into my soul and saying "They're coming".

And after a day of fishing and playing and all that... dusk fell. And as it did... all around the cottage, they came. Little ears here and there, then more and more and more... until within idk minutes? there evolved an absolute ass-load of fucking rabbits. And they came closer and closer... out of the woods, out of the fields, out of the bowels of the earth. I'm talking hundreds upon hundreds... every-fucking-where.

I eventually freaked out and wound up running inside where I sat almost traumatized. You ever hear of one billion rabbits methodically chewing and fucking? Well I do! It was like a slowly building furry nightmare... fascinating and nauseating at the same time. And they just kept coming closer... at some point surrounding the cottage. And of course all the adults laughing at my lament.

I will never forget that trip for the rabbits as well as getting stung in the eye by a wasp and for the memory of my grandpa having a heart-attack and having to be air-lifted to the mainland. Good times... unlocked!

So, rabbits... yeah.
I'm from the area and have been to most of those islands and have never experienced this! Was it specifically Middle Bass or North Bass Island that this happens? Or was it just a freak thing that happened that year?

We get mad rabbits in my area, but never experienced this! haha

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
I'm from the area and have been to most of those islands and have never experienced this! Was it specifically Middle Bass or North Bass Island that this happens? Or was it just a freak thing that happened that year?

We get mad rabbits in my area, but never experienced this! haha
I know it wasn't South Bass. I've been there too... later when middle-school age. Friend's family had a massive old Victorian house right there at Put-in-Bay... awesome times in the summer at the arcade and all of that. Kid had a fuckin Boston Whaler docked there too... as well as his dad's yacht. I was a poor kid so that shit was epic to me.

But yeah... I was only a little kid when we went to Middle Bass or North Bass. I just don't remember which one it was but there was very little traffic as I remember... not a touristy place like Put-in Bay or Port Clinton on the mainland. I feel like it was mostly residences... small homes, cottages, etc. Apparently iirc my dad or grandpa said that the rabbits had no natural predators there so they just exploded. I would guess that at some point they got a handle on the population explosion as this was in the 80's. But yeah, at that time the white-tail bunny community was livin large and def in charge in the am and pm hours.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

So, rabbits... yeah.
This is some fuckin' Cthulhu / Old Ones level shit. Gat dang.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
This is some fuckin' Cthulhu / Old Ones level shit. Gat dang.
Well, as bad as the cottontail invasion was, as well as my inebriated father plucking at my cornea with tweezers, and watching my tube-filled grandpa being hauled off into the air... none of that even compared to the worst part of that vacation.

The most haunting part of that whole experience had to be the nights that we'd have to go check and bait the trot-lines. On this nearly/ seemingly deserted island, my dad and grandfather had set catfish lines in this abandoned derelict boathouse that was actually more of a cave as I remember. And it was set into this cliff-face that we'd have to kind of crawl down to in order to get inside... dark churning abyss below.

And as young as I was, they took my sister and I with them so that we could hold the flashlights as they'd venture back into this cavernous black hole... waves lapping up at our feet and echoing all around... bats and spiders hanging overhead, as we'd grip the crumbling concrete and rock with one hand and trembling flashlight in the other.

And it's not like this was outright abuse lol. We were country kids and led a pretty adventurous life on a big farm... encountering all kinds of weird, sometimes scary or dangerous stuff... but I'll never forget that nightmarish water filled cave up on Lake Erie.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Finally took time to write down my usual calorie consumption per day, and uh, I can see why I lost a lot of weight during the pandemic :lol: A typical day is just:

Lunch: english muffin + jam, 2 eggs and cheese, 3 strips of bacon, 12oz protein shake with two scoops of powder
Mid-day snack: protein bar
Dinner: usually just some chicken + potatoes

And given that I've been working out every other day now doing 5 mile runs, I'm cutting out around ~400 calories on that, so I'm only taking in around 1200cal/day. I was 290 at one point (and even that was done from my all-time high of 330) which even 1lb/week weight loss says its like 2500cal/day, so I'm doing double that and for some reason always surprised I wear a 38 again.

KnightBrolaire

mortuus intus
Reaction score
saw a meme about mixing soda with cake mix in lieu of oil/eggs, and I was curious how it'd turn out. I tried it yesterday and it definitely works, but the cake texture doesn't hold together as well as it does with eggs or some other binder in it. I might have to try it again but with eggs as well.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
saw a meme about mixing soda with cake mix in lieu of oil/eggs, and I was curious how it'd turn out. I tried it yesterday and it definitely works, but the cake texture doesn't hold together as well as it does with eggs or some other binder in it. I might have to try it again but with eggs as well.
Like coca cola? Or did you use like a soda water? Very interested in this

KnightBrolaire

mortuus intus
Reaction score
Like coca cola? Or did you use like a soda water? Very interested in this
Apparently you can use any flavored soda or soda water. I used A+W rootbeer with chocolate cake mix. Root beer taste was pretty much overshadowed by the chocolate. I'm going to try an orange soda+ vanilla cake next for dreamsicle vibes.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Apparently you can use any flavored soda or soda water. I used A+W rootbeer with chocolate cake mix. Root beer taste was pretty much overshadowed by the chocolate. I'm going to try an orange soda+ vanilla cake next for dreamsicle vibes.
One can of soda~=2 eggs and 1/4 cup of oil roughly? Or what was your ratio?

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna need to bring back the Love & Relationships thread with all the different irons I got in the fire :lol: It's been one week and I've already got stories.
I've got a thing or two I'd post there, except that I'm in that headspace of "if I talk about it, or think too much about it, I'll probably jinx it or ruin it somehow".

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

So, rabbits... yeah.

It's about six hours between my town and the next big town in Alaska. As you might imagine, this is a drive I've made a number of times at this point.

One time though, just before dawn, I was driving down the road with my wife at the time, we were about an hour outside of Fairbanks. And we saw thousands upon thousands of rabbits, technically hairs I guess, hanging out in the ditches eating clover and whatever else. It was adorable and also uncanny.

I have been told by multiple individuals that rabbits will sometimes congregate in circles that "look like" they are having a meeting or talking to each other. I have never seen this, but I have had independent sources make the same claim.

I was also a rabbit kid, on account of 4H. I feel a strong kinship for and mystical/vaguely terrified respect for whatever social organization and communication they have going on.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna need to bring back the Love & Relationships thread with all the different irons I got in the fire :lol: It's been one week and I've already got stories.

Let's do it. Last night I had a fucking wild sex dream where I was making love to/confessing my undying love to a woman who kept alternating between being my first wife and my most recent partner (pretty sure it's true in both cases) so I guess I should go to therapy lmaoooo

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Let's do it. Last night I had a fucking wild sex dream where I was making love to/confessing my undying love to a woman who kept alternating between being my first wife and my most recent partner (pretty sure it's true in both cases) so I guess I should go to therapy lmaoooo
Bruh, I can't think of a bigger "you need to go work some shit out" dream than that.