"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
My wife goes thru phases where she craves oreo's and milk. I dunno... I'll have a few but I'm not like the cookie monster or anything. But she dunks that shit in the milk so I was like lemme see what's up with that... broke a bunch up and poured milk over them like cereal... was fuckin yummy but felt too sinful or something... like the devil might appear and be like "okay, now whatcha gonna do for me?".

Reaction score
... perto de onde a terra acaba e o mar começa...
My wife goes thru phases where she craves oreo's and milk. I dunno... I'll have a few but I'm not like the cookie monster or anything. But she dunks that shit in the milk so I was like lemme see what's up with that... broke a bunch up and poured milk over them like cereal... was fuckin yummy but felt too sinful or something... like the devil might appear and be like "okay, now whatcha gonna do for me?".
... too much sugar in those cookies...

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
There is just something about half an oreo dipped in milk and soggy, the other half crispy and crunchy, it all comes together in a beautiful harmony, crescendoing into an explosion of sweet and creamy and crunch all in one.

I have a passion for oreos okay.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Anyone noticed any time an animated series gets a "Movie" they always add so many shadows and warm the colors up a bit? I'm sure this is intentional, but what is it there to achieve? Make it more "cinematic" so it stands apart from its television counterparts? Does the television counterparts colors not look great on the big screen? Is it just for dramatic effect?

Referencing Bob's Burgers which is what I most recently noticed it on watching the most recent "Movie", which if you think about it is really just a long episode? I'm not sure how to differentiate anymore now that all mediums are just blurring.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone noticed any time an animated series gets a "Movie" they always add so many shadows and warm the colors up a bit? I'm sure this is intentional, but what is it there to achieve? Make it more "cinematic" so it stands apart from its television counterparts? Does the television counterparts colors not look great on the big screen? Is it just for dramatic effect?

Referencing Bob's Burgers which is what I most recently noticed it on watching the most recent "Movie", which if you think about it is really just a long episode? I'm not sure how to differentiate anymore now that all mediums are just blurring.

I think it's done due to the difference in mediums; with your TV, it's a backlit LED vs. showing it off a projector onto a screen at the theater, so I'm sure the colors come out differently.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I think it's done due to the difference in mediums; with your TV, it's a backlit LED vs. showing it off a projector onto a screen at the theater, so I'm sure the colors come out differently.
I should clarify, I'm comparing on my 4k TV at home. The made-for-TV episodes are brighter, way less shadows, more saturated. The "cinematic" version seems like everything has depth, shadows, more detail.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score

I noticed that as well. I think @Crungy is correct.

I also agree w/ you about the 'one long episode' feel however, I actually think that was a good thing. Seems that sometimes a movie will ruin the life of the TV series that it was spawned from, either by going too far or by simply creating too much of a disconnect between the two. Bob's movie came out way later than it was originally slated to but I don't think that that the release date really mattered in the end because it didn't threaten the show's dynamics in any way. We just saw it at home last week btw. But I like that there was nothing so dramatic or revealing or over the top, as to really affect the show's direction, characters, stories, etc. Man.. the song that the lawyer sang made me feel like I should've watched it tripping balls but otherwise, it was a cute and well-written flick that took nothing away from the TV series.

Gotta add that I thought the last two episodes of the last season was imo done very well... animation as well as story line. I feel like this TV series truly showcases the abilities of the writers, voice actors, and animators and that they continue to prove their worth as a long-running sitcom. Very little boring filler from beginning to end, each episode.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Contributor
Reaction score
Oreo's can really die in a fire. Peanut Butter cookies are all society needs.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Doesn't quite fit any of the other happy/sad/mad/fwp threads:

I went on a date with this cute lady, which was great and everything, but I found out that she is 11 years younger than me. (I'm 35, she's 24) I knew she was younger than me, didn't realize it was that much. We kind of glossed over it on the date, had other things to talk about, but the more I think about it the more weirded out I am by it.

specifically, I keep thinking about how I have been at the school district long enough that she legitimately could have been one of my students, or at least "A" student at a school I worked at.

I still think she's cool, but I am definitely getting more friend/little sister vibes off her.

Also recognizing that when I have dated women younger than me in the past, they have had a lot of trauma that has forced them to mature more quickly, thereby making it easier for me to relate with them. Those relationships have also all been trainwrecks, and I despise the comments I get from other men my age "congratulating" me for dating someone young and attractive.

Next time I'm gonna ask out someone who is cute and also closer to my age.

PS Coffee is the best thing for dipping cookies in, tea is close behind. I put almond milk in both, if you want to fight me you'll have to come to my house (and if you don't have cookies and almond milk I'm not opening the door).

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Contributor
Reaction score
I keep picturing @wheresthefbomb talking about living his life but everything is just brown bears, no actual humans in his life. I'm probably incorrect.