Not Norm!!! Anybody but Norm!!!

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by zappatton2, Sep 14, 2021.

1. zappatton2

zappatton2 SS.org Regular

2. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

narad, spudmunkey, Edika and 2 others like this.
  3. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands SS.org Regular

Cause of death?

You guessed it,
    Frank Stallone.

:(

narad, mastapimp, spudmunkey and 3 others like this.
  4. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Yeah, this is actually about the most upset a celebrity death has ever made me. This guy was probably the funniest person alive and I very regularly have been watching and rewatching clips of him on youtube for years, and have made sure to watch any new interview/appearance as soon as it shows up online. "I'mnotnorm" is one of my favorite youtube channels, despite the terrible ads and repetitive content.

The "Moth Joke" from Conan and the WWII jokes from his standup a few years ago (one good place to hear it is his appearance on one of the last Letterman shows) are good candidates for best of all time. So much of it was just how he'd often aggressively play against his audience, like when he read a whole bunch of completely unfunny and mild jokes out of a joke book for the Bob Saget roast with complete dedication. He was such a weirdo.

zappatton2 likes this.
  5. TheBlackBard

TheBlackBard SS.org Regular

Growing up, Dirty Work was one of my favorite movies and he was always so funny. He also seemed like a genuinely nice guy. This fucking sucks.

"I'm pretty sure, I'm not a doctor, but...I mean if you die, the cancer also dies at exactly the same time," Macdonald said. "So to me, that's not a loss. That's a draw."

Crungy and zappatton2 like this.
  6. zappatton2

zappatton2 SS.org Regular

My brother-in-law is a stand-up comedian by profession, and Norm was his hero. He had a few chances to meet and hang out with him, and at one point, Norm laid into him with the "Norm insults".

Another guy they were with saw my bro-n-law with a tear in his eye and thought he might've been offended, but actually he was brought to tears with the sheer honour of getting to be roasted by Norm.