[Not] New Tosin Abasi signature [maybe] in the works - Abasi Guitars[Concepts] w/[out] Frank Falbo

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Nov 7, 2015.

1. CaptainD00M

CaptainD00M Lungsman

I mean all companies cash in on things, otherwise you don't make profit so I get that. I just feel that at the moment its reached an exponentially pronounced saturation point. But just when you think it can't get any more saturated it usually does...

Of course that said I could very well be looking at the whole thing with rose tints, and there was a period in my guitar playing where I was a fanboy for two different guitarists and wanted all their junk so I don't begrudge anyone being a fan boy, but how much is too much product wise?

That said Guillotine I do have to say that there are probably a lot of people like Celticelk who like the new aesthetic and aren't AAL fans, and he does have a point about companies churning out variations on superstrats. Still its not for me, but you'd catch me shredding on a mossrite before an 8 string anyway :lol:

2. Cloudy

Cloudy Wood Labs

[​IMG]

Ibanez just released some HD pictures of the new model...

but seriously: [​IMG]

3. kevdes93

kevdes93 Sassy

Absolutely hate it, but that's just my opinion blah blah

4. gorthul

gorthul SS.org Regular

Was not so sure about the shape when I saw the videos, but when I see those pics I kinda like it. But it would still be better if it would be headless.

5. CaptainD00M

CaptainD00M Lungsman

It looks a lot better in these picks but that upper bout horrifies me. But hey someone will love it.

6. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Agreed that it needs to be a headless. The headstock doesn't fit at all.

Even with no headstock I'd hate it, though. It looks hideous. :lol: I dig the natural back on finished top, though.

7. Bdtunn

Bdtunn SS.org Regular

If that horn curved down it might kinda got the lines.
    Yeah headless and this would might work.
    Good on ibanez for doing something others then an s or rg.

8. Emperor Guillotine

Emperor Guillotine The Almighty Ruler

So it legitimately is split down the middle. The upper half is a whacky Kiesel single cut, and the lower half is a Strandberg.

There you go, guys! Your dreams came true.

9. OmegaSlayer

OmegaSlayer SS.org Regular

Looks awesome to use it as a tool to put pizzas into the oven.

Out of the many wrong things in this guitar, I think the worse one is the glossy finish.
    Natural wood on body and headstock would save this guitar a big deal.

10. CaptainD00M

CaptainD00M Lungsman

I was thinking it looks like a mate of mine's Bardiche replica. I'm pretty sure you could earn yourself a nice GBH charge if you swung it just right.

11. Musiscience

Musiscience Hail the Ibbyborn!

Pretty ignorant to think that you could only like a design if you are a fan of the artist. You might want to consider that your opinion is subjective and does not apply to "everyone in their right mind". Tastes are personal, you should respect that much. Personally, I don't play 8 strings nor do I want to, but I think the design is original for an Ibanez and Teuffel like.

:2c:

12. JaxoBuzzo

JaxoBuzzo ....ing river pirate

Making it headless would be incredible, but it would just fuel the strandberg ripoff comments, other than the lower half of the body, I don't see it, but I wonder what Ola has to say about it?

I still just think it's cool to see an ibanez that isn't an RG or S.

13. JaxoBuzzo

JaxoBuzzo ....ing river pirate

I also think it's far more suiting and tasteful than the gaudy TAM100.

14. The Hiryuu

The Hiryuu Dot dot dot.

I'd buy the .... out of that regardless of it being a signature model. I give zero ....s either way. That guitar looks awesome to me.

15. The Hiryuu

The Hiryuu Dot dot dot.

Nah, the bevel would be a different color for some reason and the fretboard would be stained if Kiesel got to it. :lol:

16. CaptainD00M

CaptainD00M Lungsman

I'd ease up on Emperorguillotine man, I think we all know what he's getting at. I mean come on how many people have oversimplified something to make a point, especially in text and on an online forum.

And lets be real here the whole point of a signature guitar is to give fans an opportunity to buy the same guitar that their idol plays, so there will be a LOT of people who by it because it has Tosin's name on it.

But sure there will also be people who like non-standard shaped guitars who like it too, and who knows maybe it will be like the KM-7 where a lot of guy's simply buy it for the awesome spec… but I suspect Ibanez know's who their clientele is on this on.

thats my :2c:

17. elkinz

elkinz Pun Enthusiast

its really bizarre but I kind of like it in a way? I don't know I have a feeling this is the very simplified version of the full one to come - just like the lacs prototype of his TAM100. Much more simple than the final version.

I think if it had some nice wood going on, and headless, and passives I could dig this a lot!

18. Zeno

Zeno SZ Hunter

On the whole pickup company thing - it's not showing he's a Seymour Duncan artist on their site, tho he's also not showing up in the DiMarzio "players" section... Still has his name on the Ionizers, tho

19. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Given how several of his personal guitars have Pegasus/Sentients in them, and this new guitar either has Blackouts or some special dealies, I'm willing to bet he's going to be on the Duncan train sometime next year.

20. Malkav

Malkav Washing your dishes.

:rofl:Touché

Anyway, I'm glad he digs it and all. Not mad about it aesthetically myself, which is weird because single-cut ergonomic fanned fret 8 string sounds like a whole lot of win to me, just don't like the execution of that one.