[Not] New Tosin Abasi signature [maybe] in the works - Abasi Guitars[Concepts] w/[out] Frank Falbo

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Nov 7, 2015.

1. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Provided these actually happen I can see myself getting one, so I'll keep you posted

2. Jack McGoldrick

Jack McGoldrick Active Member

Thanks Steven

3. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

In general what harm is there in giving yourself a normal lead time + 1 - 2 months. So you have clearance to not disappoint customers, and perhaps even deliver sooner than they expect. Guitar players are clearly okay with waiting close to a year for a custom if other brands are any indicator, so advertising 2 and a half months to 3 months for a custom guitar and then failing to deliver on that makes you look Infinitely worse.

Maybe one day you can refine the process and deliver something that quickly, but that takes a hell of a long time and research to understand. Like it or not, this is very similar to how Kickstarters operate.

There's always this estimated delivery date and I think of the 5 kickstarters I have supported not a single one has delivered on the date promised. Because most of them are gathering money to THEN take it to production, they don't take into account the volume load, imperfections, revisions to design, functional changes to the product. These are all common issues with mass production that entrepreneurs underestimate.

The only saving grace here is that Grover Jackson is a very reputable brand and I highly doubt they overpromised with their amount of experience. But I guess we'll see at this point.

4. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Shameless Contrarian

Wait, is AAL touring with Tool now?

:lol:

5. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

"WTF? I was told my guitar wouldn't ship until June, but it's shipping now in May and I'm still out of the country for a week and my guitar will (select one: sit in customs and might get sent back, sit on my porch until someone steals it or it gets damaged by weather, or will sit in the shipper's warehouse and they charge me for holding it)."

6. Dayn

Dayn silly person

Ugh, I have flashbacks now about a similar thing that happened to me. You tell people that you need to make an appointment first, and they go ahead and get pissed that the courier they arranged without telling you couldn't deliver. FFS.

7. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

I can't tell if you're being serious

But if anyone ships you a custom instrument or anything expensive and skimps on the signature requirement so that it's left on your porch, then that's no one's fault but the shipper's. I've never had issues requesting a different ship by date in the case where I've actually been out of the country or not available to receive my package. And all major US shipping services offer a hold at location/vacation hold service.

If you're too busy to plan for and receive a custom guitar, maybe don't order one in the first place. If anyone ends up thinking they have no way of mitigating these fairly inconsequential scenarios, then it's on your own lack of diligence to find solutions to the problem.

8. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Those services are only as good as the staff at the local hubs.

I've requested holds and delivery day changes and there's about an 80/20 split of it actually happening as requested.

I'm lucky enough to just about always have someone home and don't work "delivery hours" so it's not been too big of a deal.

9. Jack McGoldrick

Jack McGoldrick Active Member

Guitar review soon...? Plz and thank u :)

10. Avedas

Avedas SS.org Regular

I do find it absolutely insane that some American delivery companies will just leave your shit at your front door by default.

11. Soya

Soya Poor person

Im glad they do it, Im never home to sign for stuff otherwise :frantic:

12. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

This. When I didn't work flexible hours, I'd constantly get home to find my packages locked in the apartment management office which open less than bankers' hours, or held at a local hub with equally short hours. Super annoying. that was when I started having packages sent to work, and now to that almost all the time.

13. Acme

Acme SS.org Regular

What happened to the Isiah Sharkley-endorsement? All Abasi-related content have disappeared from his social media outlets.

Matt08642 and pastanator like this.
  14. Jason B

Jason B Unbanned

Maybe he noticed the brand never really existed...or made a more recent deal with one that exists...or he was yet another temporary NAMM facade stolen from Falbo’s shop.

Matt08642 likes this.
  15. Minute Man

Minute Man SS.org Regular

Just send a mail asking for any updates and waiting. Anyone asked already?

16. jephjacques

jephjacques BUTTS LOL

There are some popping up on Reverb from Japan now, not sure if they're Grover Jackson ones or just the last of the Falbo units.

17. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Those are all the original Falbo made units from last year. Says so in the descriptions.

Matt08642 likes this.
  18. jephjacques

jephjacques BUTTS LOL

Ah, ok! Didn't bother to click bc I'm lazy

19. Jason B

Jason B Unbanned

I’m waiting for round 2 of “Talked to Tosin on the phone; and promised I wouldn’t say anything about all the deposits being spent on wrestling DVDs and energy drinks.”

cwhitey2 and Matt08642 like this.
  20. Avedas

Avedas SS.org Regular

Same ones that have been sitting in shops for a year and cost like $5000 lol. I don't see them moving for a very long time.

Matt08642 likes this.